Login

russian armor

Burn.exe failed with exit code -1073741819.

16 Sep 2015, 18:48 PM

Hi, I have encountered this problem when trying to build my mod -

E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes 2 Tools\Burn.exe failed with exit code -1073741819.
Error building modname.mod: Burn failed with exit code -1073741819.

May anyone please help me on fixing this?
16 Sep 2015, 18:49 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Unfortunately, exit codes tell us nothing. Could you tell us what you are doing (what kind of mod, how your mod is structured, etc)?
17 Sep 2015, 11:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2015, 18:49 PMeliw00d
Unfortunately, exit codes tell us nothing. Could you tell us what you are doing (what kind of mod, how your mod is structured, etc)?

The mod only has simple ebps/sbps and other edits. It's planned to be a total conversion mod. What do you mean by "structured" (I'm sorry I'm still new to this)?

I was making changes to a few things (like sbps, ebps, etc) that has never caused any problem in the past. When I clicked Build, that's when the error started.

Could missing files/folders be the problem?
17 Sep 2015, 12:32 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Which tutorials have you followed?

Make sure your paths are all set correctly in the Mod Builder.
17 Sep 2015, 13:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Sep 2015, 12:32 PMeliw00d
Which tutorials have you followed?

Make sure your paths are all set correctly in the Mod Builder.

All paths set correctly.

Followed a number of tutorials over the span of a few months of using the Tools. I did not follow any "tutorials" while working on this mod, merely thread questions/answers, all of which worked with no problem.

It seems that upgrading my computer has a catch (it's a legitimate upgrade with genuine products).., or it could be missing files while backing up data. Could that be the issue? I really hope not. I don't want to start all over again.

Oh my god I feel scared now.
17 Sep 2015, 13:57 PM
Honorary Member Badge

If you mean upgrading to Windows 10, I have been using the Mod Tools without any issues in Windows 10.

There is no way to know what is causing your error without more information. At this point, the only remaining option is to put your mod folder in a ZIP and PM me a link to download it.
17 Sep 2015, 14:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Sep 2015, 13:57 PMeliw00d
If you mean upgrading to Windows 10, I have been using the Mod Tools without any issues in Windows 10.

There is no way to know what is causing your error without more information. At this point, the only remaining option is to put your mod folder in a ZIP and PM me a link to download it.

I upgraded with a newer Graphics Card, and Hard Drive. During the back up process, it said that some files had names too long (over 400 files, had no time to go through them.) and won't be copied over. Copying the backup to the new HD had the same thing. That would mean that a lot of data was not copied over.

Right, I tried building the mod again just to generate the error to copy this here -

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Burn.exe
Application Version: 3.0.144.0
Application Timestamp: 55e5ef0a
Fault Module Name: Burn.exe
Fault Module Version: 3.0.144.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 55e5ef0a
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 001b60d9
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

I hope this can help.

Please let me know exactly what kind of information I should provide you. I would like to share all the necessary information you are looking for before I send you my mod.

And I'm using Windows 7.
17 Sep 2015, 14:14 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Try moving your mod folder to the Desktop or root of the hard drive (to shorten the path).

If that does not help, the only thing I can suggest is sending me the mod, so that I can take a look and see if it builds for me.

There is nothing we can troubleshoot from errors like that, because we did not make the tools.
17 Sep 2015, 14:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Sep 2015, 14:14 PMeliw00d
Try moving your mod folder to the Desktop or root of the hard drive (to shorten the path).

If that does not help, the only thing I can suggest is sending me the mod, so that I can take a look and see if it builds for me.

There is nothing we can troubleshoot from errors like that, because we did not make the tools.

I have sent you a download link to download my mod in a .zip. Hoping for the best :thumbsup:
17 Sep 2015, 18:00 PM

The stuka sdkfz made Problems in the past. if you changed the range of the weapon you always got an error. I hoped they fixed it now.
18 Sep 2015, 04:28 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Tiger, I am not sure how that is related. Perhaps make a new thread about it?

It built fine for me. However, be aware that you cannot have ( ) in the filenames of icons.

Asset [C:\Users\eliw0\Documents\GitHub\MobatGround Hill02\data\ui\vangineer\vangineersicon(2d).png] does not have a valid filename. Asset filenames must not start with numbers or contain spaces or dashes.

I am not sure what to say, other than search older posts in this forum to see if others had a similar error.
18 Sep 2015, 05:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2015, 04:28 AMeliw00d
Tiger, I am not sure how that is related. Perhaps make a new thread about it?

It built fine for me. However, be aware that you cannot have ( ) in the filenames of icons.

I am not sure what to say, other than search older posts in this forum to see if others had a similar error.

I'm going to reinstall COH2 and the tools (forget using a backup, gonna do it clean slate). I'll get back to you with the results.
18 Sep 2015, 07:12 AM

I'm going to reinstall COH2 and the tools (forget using a backup, gonna do it clean slate). I'll get back to you with the results.

No good results.

Also, something strange. I tried creating a new mod to test and when I click build, an error immediately pops out,

E:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Company of Heroes 2\Archive.exe failed with exit code -1073741819.
Error copying C:\Users\Conti\Desktop\TestMod\testmod.sga: Could not find file 'C:\Users\Conti\Desktop\TestMod\testmod.sga'.

So besides the burn error, now I have an Archive error, and the tools are not making .sga's for my mod.

What is even happening...

(Why are these "never before seen" issues always happening to me..? I don't want to give up modding now.)
18 Sep 2015, 12:47 PM

Right so I've been away for a few hours mainly because of a heavy Windows Update. All of a sudden the Tools built the mod without any errors. I guess the Tools required some files from a Windows version which I didn't update until now.

Anyway, thanks for the help!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS