Login

russian armor

My T2 Start

16 Jun 2013, 12:08 PM

So, after playing in the Closed and open beta, I came up with a T2 strat. My initial impressions of T2 is that it's so easy to reach and the PGs are great so sacrificing your initial strength for a stronger 5min+ could be worthwhile.

What I do for a T2 start is:

2 Pios
Muni cache (so you can get bundles to try to force cons to retreat or get the schreck)
PG
Scout Car (To fill out that production queue while you're waiting for that 2nd PG MP anyway)
PG
Flamer HT
More PGs
(Pak somewhere - when you feel the T-34/SU-76 may be coming out)

and so on.

It tends to produce a relatively weak first 3-4 minutes with only the Pios in the field, but eventually, Conscripts are just cannon fodder for your PGs and hit the dirt cons are not so great against PGs without their PPSH and even with, you can just use a bundle on them.

It's because of the opening 3-4 minutes that this seems to work far better in a 2v2 than a 1v1. Although an unsuspecting opponent in a 1v1 might employ strats to fight against a T1 whereas they're facing against T2.

This kind of strat, however, may convince them to pick the shock/IS2 tree. Shocks, as we all know, are great against PGs. If the flamer HT can stay alive, it will tend to counter the shocks as they do not have any AT.

What do you guys think?
TED
16 Jun 2013, 17:39 PM
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment