Login

russian armor

Hit the Dirt Counters

16 Jun 2013, 11:10 AM

Gradually getting the hang of Ostheer but struggling against Conscripts with PPSH upgrades and Hit the Dirt ability. I normally get Panzer Grenadiers when I reach Tier 2 often before Cons with those upgrades and abilities are a problem.

I've tried back off to max range, but the problem with this is lets the conscripts cap. Snipers seem okay but the enemy will often try to counter with his own. Bundle nades are okay but I'm often starved of munitions so its not always an option.

Anyone recommend a counter?

16 Jun 2013, 11:19 AM

Rule of thumb is here is to save muni for the nades, and skip other upgrades (like flamerthrower on pios or lmgs on Grens).
Also getting a mortar out is a good option to deal with them.

staying at range might not be the best option seeing as conscripts are good at range (conscripts with PPsH still have 4 mosin nagants in the squad) So they profit from HTD and beeing good at range.

Really, nades and a mortar can deal with them quite well.
16 Jun 2013, 11:30 AM

Panzer grenadiers are best up close, bad far away. Conscripts are far better than them at range, still worse up close even with the ppsh upgrade(though they are not as bad as they are without them) If you plan on spending time on t2 with pgrens, a munitions cache is not a bad idea for bundled nades and schreks
16 Jun 2013, 12:19 PM

If he goes for Hit the Dirt, don't buy too many Panzergrenadiers but rather another Grenadier squad. Stay at range and rifle-grenade and mortar him dead.
You can still use a Panzergrenadier squad to flank into his retreat path or to protect your Grenadiers from Ooooraaaah-rushes.

After he activates Hit the Dirt, he can't deactivate it for a few seconds. Use this time window to get some range if he Oooraah-rushed you and mortar him. During this time the only thing he can do is retreat (shouldn't be possible imo) so the flanking Panzergrenadier squad can really ruin his day.
16 Jun 2013, 13:36 PM

Another counter would be the flame HT. Though that is very munitions heavy.
16 Jun 2013, 21:48 PM

Flamethrowers since it ignore the cover bonus. Bundle nades since it makes them easy targets. Mortars since they're sitting ducks while in Hit the Dirt. Tanks since you can drive them over while they are lying around.
17 Jun 2013, 00:23 AM

Bundle nade is really effective.
19 Jun 2013, 11:03 AM

Run them over. Really try it. It works quite phenomenally well.
19 Jun 2013, 11:17 AM

Permanently Banned
I think of it as them prostrating themselves before my magnificence.
And then run them over or toss them an explosive gift.

I'm far more concerned with dislodging Soviets from buildings I have captured for the Fatherland... So few tools to evict the b4stards.
20 Jun 2013, 15:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2013, 11:03 AMak™
Run them over. Really try it. It works quite phenomenally well.

Noticed that as well, it's super effective asp with PIV.
20 Jun 2013, 15:25 PM

Well, they can still throw grenades while lying down. After that your Panzer 4 is a sitting duck that gets killed by Zis or Su-85 without being able to do anything. To make it even worse he can button you with his guards and if you actually come close to the conscripts, they will just grenade you and then retreat.

Really, grenade-throwing while lying down shouldn't be possible and retreating shouldn't be possible either until they could stand up normally.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★