Login

russian armor

Hello

5 Sep 2015, 19:56 PM

Just thought I'd say Hi.

Have had COH2 a long while but only recently started playing, what can I say? I used to prefer COH1 and couldnt get into 2, but loving it now. (a break is as good as a rest).

So did Tutorial, completed campaign and started some ToW scenarios, but had to throw myself into skirmish.

So the strategy was play the 3 x 2 player 1v1 maps as russian against a standard level Ostheer, and dont move on until I can win, then do same with Ostheer against SU.

Well done that and started PvP 1v1.

I am levelled in the mid 30s at the moment and got the following:

1st game Ostheer vs UKF and thought I was doing ok until mid game then hammered by cromwells.
Not sure how as I had most of map but dont know how UKF play yet so I guess I'll find out how when I play them
After game looked at level of player who was 93 so wasnt too downhearted :).

2nd Game against US forces and tbh walked it, so that was nice. Player was same level as me.

3rd game I think was US again and pretty much got hammered. Tried an Osttruppen strategy and guess I didnt really know what I was doing so got pretty hammered at th end. Player was levelled mid 50s.

4th and final game played against someone else at my level (mid 30s) and won again :), game was pretty interesting as was UK and his troops were just scary. + gliders ....Gliders everywhere.
Went back to my comfortable strategy of cap essentials and hold until I gan get some armour and seemed to work.

anyway for some reason only 3 of the games seem to be listed on ladder, any idea why?

Looking forward to lurking and getting more tips from the site :)
8 Sep 2015, 13:10 PM

I don`t know much about the UKF yet, but from what i have seen, I`d say they are a faction that favors a rather defensive playstyle. In early game they don`t need a big part of the map, just enough to not lose the game instantly. A UKF player will usually set up a defensive position and then wait until he gets churchills, comets and fireflies. So the british are more similar to the axis than the actually allied factions. If you go up against UKF again I suggest a offensive playstyle. Don`t let him build up his defenses. If he does, just avoid his position, even if you win, you will have a lot of casualties. Instead you could take the rest of the map and get the economical advantage. Once you have done that, he has to come out of his position or give you a shitload of fuel. And we all know what horrible things Ostheer and OKW can do if they just have the fuel.

If you want to play from time to time, just add me on steam. I´m usually online in the evening.
12 Sep 2015, 11:19 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment