Login

russian armor

best strat for 1v1?

5 Sep 2015, 10:06 AM

im not sure what to do with this faction
im sure my 1v1 build is trash and theres a far better one
i usually go tommy, mg, bren carrier, t1, then wasp
if i need nades ill tech that, otherwise ill get weps and try to kit out everyone with dual bren lmgs

from here im lost what to do, i try to get royal engis and AEC, then maybe a sniper or at gun, and now im just sitting around with nothing else to make until t2

i dont know how to counter mg42 wall lock, they get 2 mg42s to cover each other, then a grenadier squad to wait for the bren to just faust it, OR the duo snipers and just win the early game effortlessly
5 Sep 2015, 21:06 PM

I'm going MG - tech 5 man squads, 2/3 Tommies ATM. Very hard to get games as Brits atm so not set in stone. Not had to deal with snipers yet but I assess Bren Carriers be the soft counter?
With a solid core of infantry then I take it from there. Still early days. :)
6 Sep 2015, 01:02 AM
Patrion 14

Vickers -> rush good building (aggressive/defensive depending on map) -> IS -> UC -> IS/tech
6 Sep 2015, 09:26 AM

Vickers -> rush good building (aggressive/defensive depending on map) -> IS -> UC -> IS/tech

Pretty much this. Still getting rekt with ease though.
6 Sep 2015, 22:33 PM

1. Bren carrier
2. Vickers
3. Tommy Squad
4. Tech
5. Engineers/Bren flame projector (and fuck the bren MG upgrade)/Medical Supplies and Pyrotechnics for Tommy squads
6. Bofors
7. Mortars/Forward Retreat-Reinforce
8. Tech/At gun
9. 17 Pounder, or tanks depending on your playstyle
7 Sep 2015, 15:13 PM

Usually go something like :
1) Vickers
2) Tommy
3) Vickers
4) Bren carrier (i build it 1st against an OKW opponent on a buildingless map to prevent en early Kubel that could catch me offguard)
5) Tommy
6) T2
7) Various upgrades on Tommys

Then it depends on the situation
7 Sep 2015, 15:24 PM
Patrion 15

I'm currently tending to go IS -> IS -> Bren Carrier (+WASP) -> T2 -> Sniper (vs OKW)/REs (vs Ost) -> IS/Vickers/Doctrinal Units -> T3 -> TANKS

TBH, I'm erring against building any emplacements as the Mortar/ISG can be difficult to counter as UKF and I'd rather get a Cromwell earlier than get a stationary mortar pit or a 17pdr.

I've toyed with getting a Vickers earlier, but found that it leads to you getting pinned back and can make the bleed worse against ostheer as it prompts many into getting a mortar.
8 Sep 2015, 09:28 AM

Why do you build RE's vs Ost instead of a Sniper? You need the Sniper for the scout car and/or counter sniper IMO. If anything, RE's vs OKW for the close-combat damage and faster emplacements.
8 Sep 2015, 09:39 AM

I'm going MG - tech 5 man squads, 2/3 Tommies ATM. Very hard to get games as Brits atm so not set in stone. Not had to deal with snipers yet but I assess Bren Carriers be the soft counter?
With a solid core of infantry then I take it from there. Still early days. :)

Do yo think the 5 men squad upgrade is worth it?
No clue actually..
8 Sep 2015, 09:42 AM
Donator 11

I am bad at micro, so I am not so good in 1vs1. But I figured out that the best way to start mathematically with the Brits, because of the manpower bleed, is to build 2 MGs and then upgrade to 5 man squad, and then build a 5 man Tommy squad. In this way you earn 35 manpower, because the second Tommy comes with a 5 man squad. Does this start work in 1vs1 games?
8 Sep 2015, 23:00 PM
Patrion 14

Do yo think the 5 men squad upgrade is worth it?
No clue actually..

5 man upgrade is the best upgrade IMO. I prefer a more aggressive strategy, so the extra HP helps a lot, as does the increased damage on the defense.

If you are being aggressive or muni starved, 5 man is the way to go. Pretty much a no brainer in the lategame for less squadwipes too.
9 Sep 2015, 07:04 AM

5 man upgrade is like SC2 speedling upgrade, you HAVE to do it sooner or later (the sooner the most useful). I tried to skip it but you will inevitably feel weaker and weaker. I found that the good moment is after your 2-3rd IS squad, when some of them are going to need to retreat
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★