Login

russian armor

Panzerfaust vs RPG-43

14 Jun 2013, 14:10 PM

I think Panzerfaust should have longer range than RPG-43 for three reasons.
1. Grenadiers don't have Oorah.
2. Sometimes Panzerfaust hits the ground dealing no damage, whereas RPG-43 never misses.
(If it does, let me know please.)
3. It is nonsense that Panzerfaust and hand-thrown grenade have the same range. Historically, Panzerfaust had at least 30m range and AT grenades were effective only in very close range. (Of course it depends on conscripts' strength.)
14 Jun 2013, 18:32 PM

And a panzerfaust would disable a t34 in 1 hit, they were also only 1 use items. This game is not historically accurate
14 Jun 2013, 19:26 PM

I think Panzerfaust should have longer range than RPG-43 for three reasons.
1. Grenadiers don't have Oorah.
2. Sometimes Panzerfaust hits the ground dealing no damage, whereas RPG-43 never misses.
(If it does, let me know please.)
3. It is nonsense that Panzerfaust and hand-thrown grenade have the same range. Historically, Panzerfaust had at least 30m range and AT grenades were effective only in very close range. (Of course it depends on conscripts' strength.)

1. Fair point, but Soviets have no access to shreks, and AT grenades require an upgrade.
2.Panzerfaust never misses. As long as you shot it within range, it is impossible to dodge, just like AT nades are.
3. Historical accuracy is irrelevant, this game is meant to look visually authentic, not functionally. If we were to place panzerfausts accurately, you'd be able to penetrate at least 140mm of armor. That means you can penetrate a Panther tank's frontal armor, from 60m. With a T1 unit. The later versions of the faust could penetrate up to 220mm of armor. That's an elephant tank's frontal armor.

This is a game, my friend. The devs need to balance things appropriately to make it fun and competitive. Realism has its place in simulations, but we must not forget that real life is not balanced. A game has to be balanced.

15 Jun 2013, 02:59 AM

2.Panzerfaust never misses. As long as you shot it within range, it is impossible to dodge, just like AT nades are.

3. Historical accuracy is irrelevant, this game is meant to look visually authentic, not functionally. If we were to place panzerfausts accurately, you'd be able to penetrate at least 140mm of armor. That means you can penetrate a Panther tank's frontal armor, from 60m. With a T1 unit. The later versions of the faust could penetrate up to 220mm of armor. That's an elephant tank's frontal armor.

This is a game, my friend. The devs need to balance things appropriately to make it fun and competitive. Realism has its place in simulations, but we must not forget that real life is not balanced. A game has to be balanced.

No, I have seen many times that Panzerfaust deals no damage, not to mention engine damage. Check http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldvxRdk8DEA 9:10 and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgASgQCDdKI 9:30.

And I know that balance is more important than historical accuracy. But it is nice to pretend to be realistic, especially in WW2 games. I just want that Panzerfaust have a little longer range than RPG-43, probably 20m as in the last version. Currently, it is nearly impossible to stop Soviet's early map control with clown cars. 20mm AC delays Panzerschreck so much and you cannot deal with T-70 follow-up after the patch. (Pak40 is not a counter to T-70.)
15 Jun 2013, 09:04 AM

AT nade require upgrade. Using Manpower and Fuel.
17 Jun 2013, 15:40 PM

I have personally never missed a single panzerfaust, even when the tank has left the viable range. In both videos you showed,as far as I saw, the panzerfaust hit. I have personally never had that happen to me, but it looks like the faust for some strange reason, did not penetrate. Remember what I said: You can't dodge it. Wether it was effective, its a matter of chance, or glitch, but it will hit.

You do not necessarily make the game balanced by escalating power. The early scout car is strong, but boosting the faust will make the scout car completely useless. It is far wiser, imo, to nerf the strategy itself (higher scout car cost, or something in the same line).

The soviet early game is not really strong because of scout cars: it is strong because of its infantry. It is not as accentuated as the old Pe vs American matchup used to be back when OF was originally released, but you still need to use stalling tactics to hold for that middle game. Once T2 has settled in, Axis begins to build steam.
17 Jun 2013, 20:50 PM
Donator 11

A few things.

First, the Faust does indeed "miss", though in my personal experience it only misses Scout Cars.
By "Miss" I mean it hits the Garrisoned unit, instead of the vehicle. It sometimes does up to 90% damage to a CE without killing a single model, and leaving the M3 completely untouched.
The Faust also has this issue when targetted at buildings holding a garrison, it will hit the garrison with an audible "Splat" and puffs of blood, often doing negligible damage to the structure itself.
The AT Grenade never has this issue.

As Ostheer, I've only ever had an issue when it comes to the M3, if it has a Sniper riding along getting "lucky" 70% chance hits on my squads and bleeding models from a range up to 3x that of the Faust, that is simply not cool. Forcing Ostheer to rush a T1 counter 2 minutes into the game is harsh, and on some maps it can be extremely frustrating. Don't forget that the SdKfz 221/Pak-40 require 40 fuel right off the bat, another 25 fuel for the scout car. To counter a 20 fuel unit, because of sniper.

Do you have a counter in mind for an immediate scoutcar+sniper, apart from SdKfz 221/Pak-40? If so, please share.
Faust doesn't work, the range is minimal. MG-42, same issue. Mines? 60 munitions a pop. CE flamers on scout car I can deal with, the sniper is simply excessive and deserves a look at.
17 Jun 2013, 20:53 PM
Donator 11

No, I have seen many times that Panzerfaust deals no damage, not to mention engine damage. Check http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldvxRdk8DEA 9:10 and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgASgQCDdKI 9:30.

And I know that balance is more important than historical accuracy. But it is nice to pretend to be realistic, especially in WW2 games. I just want that Panzerfaust have a little longer range than RPG-43, probably 20m as in the last version. Currently, it is nearly impossible to stop Soviet's early map control with clown cars. 20mm AC delays Panzerschreck so much and you cannot deal with T-70 follow-up after the patch. (Pak40 is not a counter to T-70.)

In the current game, do not get the 2cm on the SdKfz. The default weapon is far superior, as it will kill the sniper aswell as the M3. Properly microed, the SdKfz 221 will beat an M3 everytime unless it has Penals/Guards riding along, as the SdKfz has both superior armor aswell as superior close-range firepower, coupled with a 360 degree turret versus 2 narrow angled turrets of the M3.
17 Jun 2013, 20:55 PM
Donator 11

AT nade require upgrade. Using Manpower and Fuel.

Currently, an M3+Sniper combo forces the Ostheer to go T1, requiring vastly more fuel and manpower than the AT grenade. The Conscripts can close gaps quickly with Oorah! whereas Grens serve little to no function versus a properly microed "clowncar"
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★