Login

russian armor

Voice Cue and Announcement post UKF

25 Aug 2015, 19:38 PM

I was just wandering if the Brits update have also added some voice cue or announcement due to the addition of the UKF, mostly for the axis side.

Before WFA, both Ost and SU have correct voice cue and announcement since theres only 2 factions (example, gren mg upgrade will announce "Ivan will die twice as fast", making reference to the opposing faction, SU)

Then the WFA came. Supposedly after WFA the factions are arranged as Ost vs. SU while OKW vs. USF. There is no problem for the voice cue or announcement for the allies, as USF will often say Krouts (e.g. when encountering ost HMG42 or Gren with LMG42 or the victory announcement) and for the SU they are still facing Germany (either Ost or OKW) which most of the voice cue and announcement will be about fascist or Stalin.

However, the problem arrives for the Axis when its Ost vs USF which often the ost will only say enemy and the same thing happened with OKW vs. SU (e.g. Ober will say "Army Fallschirmjaeger" when encountering SU Partisans o_O which is both hillarious but can be decieving in team battles 2v2 above as the OKW will sometimes say oh sh*t they dropped Paratropers and you only see retreating partisans <444>_<444>). As when OKW vs. USF the cue and announcement will refer to as Americans (e.g announcer "Our supply line has been cut, Americans are making a push", etc).

I know this is somehow "not" important, but I feel that they should give more addition or detailed cue and announcement to all factions when facing other factions (maybe gren saying american, etc). It is also because that some "correct" faction fightings will give more specific cue for certain units (e.g PIV will say, "Oh my God, IS2. Scheiise" when encountering SU IS2, while they will only say tank destroyer when encountering both Jackson and Wolferine). This voice "update" should also included for the Allies, so they will also say more specific cue when encountering the "false" faction units (e.g Rifle will say Brumbarr instead of just "Krout Tanks" when facing OST brummbar etc). It probably would make the game "better" in some way.

So my questions are (maybe some NDA breach or somethin if I asked all these? :help:) :
1. Is all those voice stuff I mentioned are going to be added when the UKF enter the battle? (Alpha tester if its not NDA breaching)

2. If they are not, which faction the UKF "supposed" to be fighting against for their voice cue and announcement as the Axis still only have Ost and OKW and the number is now uneven?

3. So what do you guys think about the voice addition if they re not implemented in the UKF update?

Thanks for your help or comments
:crazy:

(admins should just move this thread if this is a wrong place for this kind of thread)
26 Aug 2015, 04:29 AM
Patrion 14

I'm guessing probably not. But I do remember in VCoH there being special lines for grenadiers when they encountered their PE panzer grenadier brethrens. So there was some voice lines added back then to make the factions feel more 'into it' as one would say.
26 Aug 2015, 05:27 AM
Benefactor 226

vcoh had the best voice samples. I laughed, I cried.

coh2 voice is weak in comparison.
26 Aug 2015, 05:59 AM

I think they didn't think of this in the early stages of development, so it's gonna take a lot of time to "fix" this, and let's be honest that's not gonna happen.
26 Aug 2015, 06:45 AM

The best line was the grenadiers talking about the Fallschirmjäger popping out of a building and scaring the crap out of them. :D
26 Aug 2015, 17:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Aug 2015, 05:59 AMRMMLz
I think they didn't think of this in the early stages of development, so it's gonna take a lot of time to "fix" this, and let's be honest that's not gonna happen.

Yeah I pretty much guessed that this will be the case. But you never know, like for the UKF Boys Rifle, they now have magazines :D

26 Aug 2015, 17:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Aug 2015, 05:27 AMkildor

The indian sounding gren from the Ost Whermact makes me sad every time.
27 Aug 2015, 07:06 AM

really? cuz the way the announcer guy was talking he kinda reminds me of monty python
27 Aug 2015, 07:16 AM
Developer Relic Badge

If only they pulled the DoW thing and just kept using the same voice actors over and over for different things. Though they did bring back the guy who voiced the Arty officer and Panzergrenadiers to do Panzerfusiliers but sadly, no new voice lines for old units :(

May be the fact CoH 1 was much more dramatic/stereotypical.

I still prefer this voice for the Ostheer tank crews than the ones from CoH 1. Not as evil/dramatic but a few really good lines.

"A T-34 with a German crew might be lethal, that one wasn't!"
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight