Login

russian armor

Twitch broadcast bar is in my damn way

14 Jun 2013, 04:04 AM

I can't imagine anyone will use this feature if the broadcast bar stats where it is. It's not even gameplay essential and yet it's not flush with the sides of the screen. I felt really bad for the UI guy after everyone ragged on his work (bad though it was) but now I don't think I like him either.
14 Jun 2013, 04:57 AM
Honorary Member Badge

its starting to become "more" useful the featured channels is actually stuff you watch instead of just random shit that not related to what your watching.

biggest problem i feel is instead of making their own layout (imagination required ofc.) they copied another stream site (can't remember it but i remember seeing it.) but didn't make it better it is actually worse. :(

just move it over to the side. (better that way. :P) in all seriousness a way to improve it would be making it more customizable so you could pick what goes on that bar so it is useful to the specific user instead of kinda sorta not useful for everyone. also moving it from the left to the top of the screen i feel it would fit much better there.

or do you mean the one in coh2?
14 Jun 2013, 05:19 AM

In Coh2 if you have the broadcast tool on there is a big bar in the upper middle quadrant of the screen.

14 Jun 2013, 05:35 AM
Senior Caster Badge

I made a quick mockup that I think should fix the issue. I tried to adhere to Relic's style instead of coming up with my own sort of thing.

But seriously let's be honest, nobody working on the UI has a clue about anything. It's a miracle the twitch bar is as small as it is.
14 Jun 2013, 06:20 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

14 Jun 2013, 06:40 AM

The broadcast bar is hideable - tick the relevant checkbox during set-up and it's gone.
14 Jun 2013, 06:41 AM

I made a quick mockup that I think should fix the issue. I tried to adhere to Relic's style instead of coming up with my own sort of thing.

*UI picture*

But seriously let's be honest, nobody working on the UI has a clue about anything. It's a miracle the twitch bar is as small as it is.

It's good, but still pretty readable. Also needs more flashing.

The broadcast bar is hideable - tick the relevant checkbox during set-up and it's gone.

Thanks no more posting after 10pm for me I guess. Would still make more sense to have it expandable from a corner rather than having to go into a menu to remove or add it.
14 Jun 2013, 06:47 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Yay. Something on the UI to hide/unhide in-game would be nice.

I guess your in-game "bitrate" also controls your resolution? I did auto-detect and got 2844kBps and a 752p res stream. More options would be nice.

Also I don't think my mic works, because it goes into the line-in and not the mic-input. Selecting source here would also be nice.

Then there's my original concerns... push-to-talk on mics, ability to control overlays, broadcast videos, etc.
14 Jun 2013, 07:42 AM
Benefactor 115

14 Jun 2013, 07:43 AM
Honorary Member Badge

where do i get the coh2 broadcaster?

also should be able to move it anywhere like the uper left corner that isn't being used by anything. and maybe even a drop down to view twitch chat.
14 Jun 2013, 07:57 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Twitch chat shows in-game!?! ..just like if a player chatted to you. :O :O :O Trolls rejoice!!!
14 Jun 2013, 08:01 AM
Benefactor 115

no it doesnt, read the fucking features included in the twitch broadcaster API

https://github.com/twitchsdk/twitchbins/wiki/Twitch-Broadcasting-SDK-Overview
14 Jun 2013, 09:01 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

no it doesnt, read the fucking features included in the twitch broadcaster API

https://github.com/twitchsdk/twitchbins/wiki/Twitch-Broadcasting-SDK-Overview

Uh, "yes it fucking does". I just broadcasted and my viewers chat showed in-game just as an opponents chat would.
14 Jun 2013, 11:08 AM

I think you can use shift+f1 to hide the twitch bar. Just read that in an in game tooltip
14 Jun 2013, 11:26 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

learning new features ftw
14 Jun 2013, 11:57 AM

Uh, "yes it fucking does". I just broadcasted and my viewers chat showed in-game just as an opponents chat would.

Yep, that's how it works.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS