Login

russian armor

What to do with the MG34?

• This thread is locked
PAGES (9)down
19 Aug 2015, 01:37 AM

The new delta formation on MGs means in the open it's really hard to wipe the maxim with riflenades.

The MG34 doesn't have a very high ROF.

It has the second highest ROF of all other MGs with a ROF of 12. Only the MG-42 is higher at 16.
19 Aug 2015, 01:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Aug 2015, 01:37 AMZeaviS

It has the second highest ROF of all other MGs with a ROF of 12. Only the MG-42 is higher at 16.

It has a longer aim time than the MG42 does, fires less rounds than the MG-42 while having to reload just as often while of course doing only half the damage.

19 Aug 2015, 02:01 AM

Okay so here are the results of my tests of incendiary rounds on the MG34:

-M20: N/A rounds wore off before it could kill it

-M3 Scout Car: 16 Seconds

-USF AA HT: N/A rounds wore off before it could kill it, killed the MG crew the first time It tested it

-M3 Half Track: 15 Seconds

-WC51 Truck: 14 Seconds

:foreveralone:
19 Aug 2015, 02:02 AM

It has a longer aim time than the MG42 does, fires less rounds than the MG-42 while having to reload just as often while of course doing only half the damage.

I find no point argue with him already, he just don't want anything changed on HMG34 and let it say as trash as possible.
19 Aug 2015, 02:16 AM

So you're saying it's worse than the best MG in the game. No argument there.
19 Aug 2015, 02:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Aug 2015, 02:16 AMZeaviS

So you're saying it's worse than the best MG in the game. No argument there.

There really isn't anything that's worse than it except for maybe a handful of units like irregulars. I tried to test it's AoE suppression but every time I threw a blob into it the blob always won :foreveralone:
19 Aug 2015, 02:21 AM

Okay so here are the results of my tests of incendiary rounds on the MG34:

-M20: N/A rounds wore off before it could kill it

-M3 Scout Car: 16 Seconds

-USF AA HT: N/A rounds wore off before it could kill it, killed the MG crew the first time It tested it

-M3 Half Track: 15 Seconds

-WC51 Truck: 14 Seconds

:foreveralone:

Better results than I expected. Now compare that with the maxim, I bet it's much worse.

By the way, are you using some kind of cheat mod to do these tests or are you just doing it vs the computer? Would love to play around with it myself.
19 Aug 2015, 02:23 AM
19 Aug 2015, 02:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Aug 2015, 02:21 AMZeaviS

Better results than I expected. Now compare that with the maxim, I bet it's much worse

The maxim doesn't have AP rounds, but I guess your trying to be snide.
19 Aug 2015, 02:26 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

There really isn't anything that's worse than it except for maybe a handful of units like irregulars. I tried to test it's AoE suppression but every time I threw a blob into it the blob always won :foreveralone:

You've gone too far. MG34 is by no means a great unit but to say that it's in the same class as irregulars is disgusting and basically a crime.

Why do you insist on saying "mg34 vs blob" as if none of your infantry or vehicles are supporting the Mg34?

I think it's fine. It's quite an annoying unit to fight against when used with support.
You talk as if you can just ignore an mg34 while facing an OKW blob combined with unit like a flak HT and camo raketens.

Vs USF, mg34 is decent.
Vs quad fuckery, it's a pretty bad purchase.

Alone, or isolated,yes it's a joke in that regard as well. But that's how all MG should(are)be.

They shouldn't be" oh I has an mg now dis map is lockerino"

19 Aug 2015, 02:32 AM

You've gone too far. MG34 is by no means a great unit but to say that it's in the same class as irregulars is disgusting and basically a crime.

Oh no! Are the forums police going to arrest me? Irregulars are actually a good example that just because something is cheap doesn't mean it should be shit.

Why do you insist on saying "mg34 vs blob" as if none of your infantry or vehicles are supporting the Mg34?

Because literally every other single MG I tested could do it.

I think it's fine. It's quite an annoying unit to fight against when used with support.

Oh great I'm glad were back to "USF is shit therefore everything that fights it is fine/OP"

You talk as if you can just ignore an mg34 while facing an OKW blob combined with unit like a flak HT and camo raketens.

Blobbing as OKW is a dumb idea, and camo racktens are supposed to help the MG34 deal with infantry how?

Vs USF, mg34 is decent.

Versus USF anything is fucking decent, although your incessant whining is getting old. A single rifle squad can kill it with a grenade because it can't pin to save it's life.

Alone, or isolated,yes it's a joke in that regard as well. But that's how all MG should(are)be.

They shouldn't be" oh I has an mg now dis map is lockerino"

What is indirect fire? Smoke? Soviets have fuck all problems dealing with MG42's right now, USF has issues because USF was designed by a schizophrenic.
19 Aug 2015, 02:35 AM

The maxim doesn't have AP rounds, but I guess your trying to be snide.

Not trying to be snide. You opened up this thread comparing it to maxim but you're cherry picking your stats.

Here is your quote:

And before you talk about the suppression being better than the maxims: the only range at which the MG34 does more suppression per burst is at 15 and closer while the maxim does almost twice as much suppression per burst at far. The only advantage the MG34 has over the Maxim is a larger AoE (by 3).

You're right, maxim doesn't have AP rounds. I guess this means that the MG-34 does some other things better than the maxim.

EDIT: Also you note that the maxim does "almost twice as much suppression per burst at far". The maxim does .2678 suppression at far and the mg-34 does .1944. That's about 38% more suppression, which is not "almost twice as much".
19 Aug 2015, 02:36 AM

19 Aug 2015, 02:42 AM

Half of the posts in this thread is from Alex. Let this failed abortion of a thread die.

Trying to keep your own thread alive by spamming in it is pathetic

Alex and I are just having a debate, if it bothers you, feel free to read other threads.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS