Login

russian armor

Riegel mine and critical fixes

15 Aug 2015, 03:31 AM
Patrion 27

What the heck are you using Riegels instead of Panzershreks and Paks against USF for?! Cookiez is right when he says their intended role is against Soviet heavies which are restricted to one. USF came out a long time after Riegels were in the game.

You are looking at the 251 half-track as a disadvantage for the Riegel, but it's the other way around. The Riegel is a bonus for the 251 which is a cornerstone of the Osth strategy.
15 Aug 2015, 03:49 AM

It should not be able to repair heavy engine damage.
15 Aug 2015, 10:57 AM

Snip

So if it had heavy engine damage,it turns into engine damge with repair critical
Normal engine damage goes back to normal,
Immobilzation goes to heavy engine damage,
but thats as far as ill go to agreeing to nerfing repair critical....

I like this idea. Although I agree that they can't simply nerf USF armor's utility and survivability, this insta-repair is annoying.
15 Aug 2015, 11:07 AM
15 Aug 2015, 19:09 PM

Merely fix the bug and it'll be fine. Even if they repair the engine they will be on low health which allows easy follow up with tanks or panzerschrecks. USF already suffer from late game and nerfing the few advantages they have will cripple them further.
15 Aug 2015, 20:43 PM

Love German Fan boy logic to balance. Anything thing that saves an Allied tank is op (crew repair) and needs a change. Anything that saves and Axis tank (blitz/smoke) is not OP and allies just need to learn to play.

Get over it. If you didn't have something in place to take advantage of you mine then that is your fault. No one else. learn to play off your mine next time.

One last point German fan boy logic is why we had butten get nerfed, and target weak point get buff. Balance -_- at its best.
15 Aug 2015, 21:04 PM

Love German Fan boy logic to balance. Anything thing that saves an Allied tank is op (crew repair) and needs a change. Anything that saves and Axis tank (blitz/smoke) is not OP and allies just need to learn to play.

Get over it. If you didn't have something in place to take advantage of you mine then that is your fault. No one else. learn to play off your mine next time.

One last point German fan boy logic is why we had butten get nerfed, and target weak point get buff. Balance -_- at its best.

I never said anything was or is OP
Read my previous post, I did had something to take advantage, unless u expect me to get a Pak40 for every mine I place and camp beside them which is completely absurd.

15 Aug 2015, 21:21 PM

I never said anything was or is OP
Read my previous post, I did had something to take advantage, unless u expect me to get a Pak40 for every mine I place and camp beside them which is completely absurd.

Well 60 mu I dose not equal a dead tank, and the fact that regal mines are doctranal doesn't either. Here is a example of my poit. Let's say you set a regal mine in the midle of steps, and your panther is on the both island. Now let's say a Sherman hits your mone, and you session your panther right away. But, being USF he has used the reaper ability and got away. This example is fine, you as the player set the mine up some were with nothing to kill the tank.

Now I can see the frustration, but again it is less frustrating then having a 1% tiger ace getting away from your TD that would of killed it other wise.

See the point. Example A the kill was not certain. Your Panther could of been killed, or his another mine. But, example B the only thing that stopped the kill was the ability. Now if you want to prove me won on this I want to yo take a USF tank, have it hit aine, and then see if crew repair can save it like smoke saves axis tank.

I will give you a hit as a veted USF player, that it dosent save you unless your opponent dosnt have a fallow op.

As to the comment on op, there are others in this thread to thank for that.
15 Aug 2015, 22:23 PM

They could just have the mines add both light engine damage and heavy/immobilize. That way if the USF uses the repair they will still have light engine damage.

Mine does lasting damage and USF still retains some of their mobility. Everyone wins.
16 Aug 2015, 01:58 AM

Smoke is doctrinal.. Repair is not... You lose...
16 Aug 2015, 02:05 AM

This forum at its finest.
16 Aug 2015, 02:08 AM

Well 60 mu I dose not equal a dead tank, and the fact that regal mines are doctranal doesn't either. Here is a example of my poit. Let's say you set a regal mine in the midle of steps, and your panther is on the both island. Now let's say a Sherman hits your mone, and you session your panther right away. But, being USF he has used the reaper ability and got away. This example is fine, you as the player set the mine up some were with nothing to kill the tank.

Now I can see the frustration, but again it is less frustrating then having a 1% tiger ace getting away from your TD that would of killed it other wise.

See the point. Example A the kill was not certain. Your Panther could of been killed, or his another mine. But, example B the only thing that stopped the kill was the ability. Now if you want to prove me won on this I want to yo take a USF tank, have it hit aine, and then see if crew repair can save it like smoke saves axis tank.

I will give you a hit as a veted USF player, that it dosent save you unless your opponent dosnt have a fallow op.

As to the comment on op, there are others in this thread to thank for that.

well Riegel mine is doctrinal and 1 of most expansive mine out there and require HT to land instead of engineer, so i am expect it to be more useful than the 30 mu mine as it has double the cost, as it can't instant kill tank anyway. (only Demo is more expansive and it is non doctrinal remote, anti everything and can still trigger once detected and can only be shoot to disable instead remove by engineers. )
16 Aug 2015, 03:18 AM

well Riegel mine is doctrinal and 1 of most expansive mine out there and require HT to land instead of engineer, so i am expect it to be more useful than the 30 mu mine as it has double the cost, as it can't instant kill tank anyway. (only Demo is more expansive and it is non doctrinal remote, anti everything and can still trigger once detected and can only be shoot to disable instead remove by engineers. )

To start the M20 cost 60 ammo to, and only the M20 can lay them. And, well immobilize is a great effect, and if you have some AT units near by i promise you, you will have a dead tank. But it you think for a minute that 60 ammo some how equals a dead tank you are high. Even 90 ammo from a demo cant kill a tank out right.
16 Aug 2015, 03:27 AM

Smoke is doctrinal.. Repair is not... You lose...

Regal mines are doctrinal... Repair is not... You loses...
16 Aug 2015, 03:33 AM

So you are actually helping my point.. Thanks.
16 Aug 2015, 12:16 PM

Guys the best thing about riegel mine is the fact that it destroys the tank tracks, making it immovable, i really never said anything about 1 shotting tanks
16 Aug 2015, 12:30 PM
Patrion 28

You know USF has crews so you shouldn't plant and forget your mines. It's the same with fausts, don't do it if you don't have anything to follow up.

Although I agree that the repair criticals should take a couple of seconds longer, right now it feels bugged, they fix it in 1s and can drive full speed again.

And since we are talking about crews, I'll just say how frustrated I sometimes am when they pop out when I didn't want them too (missclicks...) I wish there was a safer way of getting them out. Or a way to cancel disembark, because when you press it and you see you fucked up but it takes a couple of seconds for them to jump out, so it would be cool if you could click again to cancel.
17 Aug 2015, 18:14 PM

Also even though the USF tank might get away you will still stop there suprise flank dead in it tracks which can be very important as we would immediately go retreat to repair it after fixing the crit dmg. If I hit one mine I am going to assume there is more there in the area so it is still effective as area denial from suprise armor flanks and could force us into the axis bottle necks.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★