Login

russian armor

No point of playing random 2v2

11 Aug 2015, 05:16 AM

Well, there's just no point of playing 2v2 with random players as allies/usf. Too many "veteran" axis players coupled with the OP late BS. Odds are you'll get a noob and then drop rank and get more noobs for a never ending higher loss to win ratio and spiral down of continuing noobs and losses.

This game might be great for 1v1, but I like team games and with the glaring imbalances with axis, the majority of players playing axis, you'll seldom get an actual GG for team.
aaa
11 Aug 2015, 05:19 AM

+1 no point of 2v2.
11 Aug 2015, 05:27 AM

Completely agree. When it comes to team games, if you're playing as allies you have to be perfect when playing against good players. There is absolutely no room for mistakes and even if you don't make a mistake the minor differences/balance issues start to show.
11 Aug 2015, 05:33 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Not true, I disagree, my random 2v2 ranks and partners have been the best they've ever been.

And usf is at the worst they've ever been.

Not to be offensive but often times the one calling their teammate a noob is a noob themselves.
The key to winning random 2v2? Stop worrying about how dumb your teammate is and worry about swagging on your opponent on your side, and then switching to help your teammate. Or help your teammate from the getgo. If you're being doubled, switch to your teammate side.

If you lose your side, and your teammate loses his as well, you can't just say "gah my teammate is a noob"
Because 99% of the time even if your teammate is a complete fruit, if you win your side you can win the game.

Wrong forum too
11 Aug 2015, 06:44 AM
Donator 22

Not true, I disagree, my random 2v2 ranks and partners have been the best they've ever been.

Not to be offensive but often times the one calling their teammate a noob is a noob themselves.
The key to winning random 2v2? Stop worrying about how dumb your teammate is and worry about swagging on your opponent on your side, and then switching to help your teammate. Or help your teammate from the getgo. If you're being doubled, switch to your teammate side.

If you lose your side, and your teammate loses his as well, you can't just say "gah my teammate is a noob"
Because 99% of the time even if your teammate is a complete fruit, if you win your side you can win the game.

Wrong forum too

Well said. My only issue with playing random 2 v 2 as axis is the 20+ min wait for a game. Yes, this occurs to me often. I mean I expect it to take longer to get a game as axis, but this is ridiculous. Fortunately, the Brits are coming so maybe the player pool will finally even out some.
11 Aug 2015, 08:03 AM

For me 2vs2s are for warming up and trying out new tactics.
Sometimes matchmaking doesnt give a shit with or against who you are matched,but thats random.
1vs1 still best mode,too bad that only a few players play it.
11 Aug 2015, 08:30 AM

What's the point of 2v2 randoms? If you get afk/droppers/horrible teammates in placement games you're fucked.

Then your ELO is trash and it's a vicious cycle of horrendous experiences.
11 Aug 2015, 08:48 AM
Donator 11

What's the point of 2v2 randoms? If you get afk/droppers/horrible teammates in placement games you're fucked.

I don't think this describes how the elo system works. As far as I am aware the elo is linked to the team in these games and even if your elo did drop the matchmaker would then be trying to hook you up with a teammate with higher elo to offset your low score. In any case the pool is probably too small for any of this to matter
11 Aug 2015, 09:01 AM

No point to play random at all unless you are 152% lucky. Even closeness to top200 can give you as teammate top2000 player. Again and again.
11 Aug 2015, 14:03 PM

The main thing is USF is assuredly the weakest faction in game right now. They can work but with OKW and OST changes they have no strength even in early game. Thanks to OST manpower, MG42 buffs, and 222 changes USF is basically fighting a uphill battle. If you win your side you can win but it really is up to your Soviet teammate to keep you in the late game. If you don't have a good teammate your micro better be top notch. At least getting games with enemies and teammates around the same skill level now which is a small comfort.
12 Aug 2015, 03:36 AM

Rank is trash, for certain. And it's the cycle I'm in. 1 step forward and 3 steps back.

Wrong forum too

Cookie, I can't beacon enough to double a side and try to own it. With less than stellar allies we hold a side, then the late Axis roll outs with the OP Elephant, Tiger, Panthers, etc coupled hardly miss shreks and Paks and other AT, then top it off with the OP CAS and it's over.
12 Aug 2015, 03:51 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Aug 2015, 03:36 AMGhostTX

Rank is trash, for certain. And it's the cycle I'm in. 1 step forward and 3 steps back.

Cookie, I can't beacon enough to double a side and try to own it. With less than stellar allies we hold a side, then the late Axis roll outs with the OP Elephant, Tiger, Panthers, etc coupled hardly miss shreks and Paks and other AT, then top it off with the OP CAS and it's over.

ok

Axis OP.

Anyway this is US forces strategies not US forces Complaint box.

This is the one of the few places left on this forum that isn't a cesspool. Please help keep it that way.
12 Aug 2015, 04:16 AM

If you are truly better than your rank, you will eventually get to the rank you deserve in random 2v2.

I've had the shit end of the stick plenty of times as random Soviets, shit happens, you get bad teammates, but more often than not your losses can be attributed to not at least trying to work with your teammate. I've managed to win plenty of games where the opponents may be within the top 100, and my teammate is in the thousands. Being positive and working together goes a VERY long way. Then again, I've lost plenty of too, whether by me just losing faith in my teammate or making mistakes.

You won't have a never ending spiral of losses because of bad teammates, and if you somehow do, you won't be losing any ELO since the game is likely extremely stacked against you rank wise.
12 Aug 2015, 07:32 AM

Wrong forum too

Good post, except USF being at their worst, not sure I agree with that. The sure sign of a noob it the acutal noob-calling of teammates.
12 Aug 2015, 07:39 AM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Aug 2015, 05:16 AMGhostTX
Well, there's just no point of playing 2v2 with random players as allies/usf. Too many "veteran" axis players coupled with the OP late BS. Odds are you'll get a noob and then drop rank and get more noobs for a never ending higher loss to win ratio and spiral down of continuing noobs and losses.

This game might be great for 1v1, but I like team games and with the glaring imbalances with axis, the majority of players playing axis, you'll seldom get an actual GG for team.

2v2 is not hte problem. The problem is match making, As axis, you fight much more "low" ELO allie player because of the vast amount of Axis players compared to allies.

The game is much more balanced now, we were never that close to "balance"(remember OPkubel ? VCOH2 balance ? ) in COH2 history.

I play only 2v2 since the WFA , I fight in the top 200 since WFA as USF and OKW , what you say for Allie is true for Axis random 2v2, you can have a mate that insta drop, have a really long loose streack (going from top 20 to top 180 is a mess, I know this ) but it's RANDOM 2v2, if you're not happy with it, then find a mate.

And don't forget team play, as 2v2 , you won the match if your random mate fight with you, if he don't ,then force yourself to fight with him.

13 Aug 2015, 01:29 AM
Patrion 27

...but it's RANDOM 2v2, if you're not happy with it, then find a mate.

/thread
18 Aug 2015, 01:46 AM
Benefactor 226

Add me. I love 2v2, that's my game and love USF. Tho to your OP, I don't do random 2v2s lol. Id rather do 4v4 randoms before 2v2 random.
19 Aug 2015, 03:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2015, 01:46 AMkildor
Add me. I love 2v2, that's my game and love USF. Tho to your OP, I don't do random 2v2s lol. Id rather do 4v4 randoms before 2v2 random.

Added. And if we hook up, feel free to chide me on my playing.
31 Aug 2015, 05:59 AM

This is the kind of BS I get playing

Yes...that ZERO units killed.
31 Aug 2015, 06:09 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Aug 2015, 05:59 AMGhostTX
This is the kind of BS I get playing

Yes...that ZERO units killed.

:foreveralone: ..... I've seen and had bad ratios before but Jesus Christ, did he just set a rally point for the enemy base and just build a bunch of units and go AFK?

It has to be possible even then to just get s random model snipe, a barbed wire kill, a bunker kill...... Something..... 0 kills...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 34
South Africa 1
Germany 729

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak