Login

russian armor

Fallschirmjaegers: A small re-design

10 Aug 2015, 02:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Aug 2015, 02:55 AMnee

True but none of these units are found in the same commander; JLIs also have a sniping role, while Panzerfusiliers have flares, G43s and AT rifle grenade (and better than Riflemens' too, ironically).

I just thought of anther way Fallschirmjaegars can be deployed differently:

Have them deploy in a 250 halftrack. Sure it's pretty much clown car strat, but they come rather late, it adds costs fuel to cost, but you gain a powerful infantry squad that has mobility, which also removes the whole spawning issue. For a doctrine that doesn't feature vehicles a 40fuel transport carrying FG42 troops would seem more reasonable than paradropping or nerfing their weapons.
This would give them a more unique fire-brigade sort of role that doesn't really overstep stock units. It might replace the Luchs if you're focusing on infantry, but it does shift the resource burden and, if used soon after unlocking, might mean setting back your tech/ vehicle strat, which of course might not be a good idea since it comes at a time where light vehicles/ AT guns are coming out.
So rather than being that behind-enemy-lines unit it becomes a sort of spearhead infantry.

The AT rifle snare of Pfuss is the worst snare in the game; it only does 40 damage and it disappears after 1 second which means it's impossible to snare a moving tank. It also only fires like half the time.
10 Aug 2015, 06:13 AM

Despite heavy paratrooper casualties. The brits still couldn't beat the germans.

Despite heavy casualities, heavier than anybody's else, soviets won the war and took Berlin. So it doesn't realy matter.
10 Aug 2015, 06:18 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post10 Aug 2015, 06:13 AMJohnnyB

Despite heavy casualities, heavier than anybody's else, soviets won the war and took Berlin. So it doesn't realy matter.

Just goes to show spam irl > everything. kek.
10 Aug 2015, 06:19 AM

Fallschirmjaegers: 440MP; can spawn out of buildings; fully equipped with 4 FG42s.

Falls are a strong unit when they first enter the field to flank snipers or support weapons but they are pretty inefficient afterwards TBH.

They cost more to deploy than Obers; they cost almost as much to reinforce and they lose models faster than Obers (which reduces their DPS significantly).

Their DPS is fine; it's just that the way they deal damage is pretty ineffective. It simply takes ages for them to actually kill models because their FG42s aim at different targets.

So, what's my idea?

I basically want to reduce their shock value and increase their long-term permormance in return.

Here's how:

Falls spawn with 4 Ober Kar98s and can upgrade 2 Fg42s for 90MU. Those FG42s would deal slighty less DPS (combined) than the old 4 FG42s to compensate for the two Ober Kar98s.

They would, however, deal more DPS individually and thus kill models faster. Losing models also wouldn't reduce their DPS as much as it currently does.

Their initial MP cost should be reduced to 380-400.

That's not a bad idea because that's essentialy the difference between obers and falls. Falls cannot kill models as fast, and I would prefer they do it. But I would make the FG upgrade like 60 amo. 90 is to much for OKW. That's the change I would do.
But if they just lower the price, or make the squad more durable, I would be ok with that too.
10 Aug 2015, 07:53 AM

Kills each model fast? Does a squad focus killing a model when they engage an enemy squad?
10 Aug 2015, 10:09 AM

I love them as they are. Instantly effective and can really pack a punch, or be a complete waste of 440 manpower (depending on deployment). Shock units they are until Vet 2, then they're the best camo units.

Obers are more durable and more long range and would be better off staying that way.

Units that spawn in buildings unupgraded make it almost useless unless you use a grenade then retreat (Hint, stormtroopers).

Now only if partisans were decent and allies had more cool shock infantry...
10 Aug 2015, 10:58 AM

in every okw balance thread...why do people keep arguing that A unit is good at vet 4 and vet 5 and high vet...etc...it should be aforum rule to balance,all okw units on vet 3 because okw sacrifices extra 2 vet for resources and not to mention it's hard to get to vet 5 and keep the malive also.....as for the falls whatever op is stating totally wrong and should never be implemnted,here's what i say.
Proposed redesign:-
1) make them 400 mp from 420 mp ( mot much of a difference),give them carbines and make fg42 a separate upgrade ( deals with the spawning issue) or let them paradrop.

2) a)make them reinforce on like voch airborne ( survivability) with 50 muni fg42 upgrade with very little fg42 dps buff or make them have more survivable by increasing either armor health or lowering received accuracy.
Or
b) keep them glass canon...but make f42 75 muni and major dps bufff.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 41
United States 17
unknown 8
Australia 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %