Login

russian armor

tofu :- Pheenyx;USFMain86;Steel;rush;Fearless Stalker;tanju

23 Aug 2015, 07:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2015, 07:03 AMtofu

The feeling of winning/losing is important.You can fight only when you feel you can win the battle.
To get that feeling,the sense of distance between basic infantry is mandatory.If you don't know how to fight against basic infantry(e.g. Riflemen is a bit stronger than Grenadier in far range and much stronger in near range.),please say so.I'll give additonal information.

Yes, please!
23 Aug 2015, 10:21 AM

Finally got some time to play the game again. :)

I lost this to the Urban Defense in the Station Building I think. (That thing seems to be a fortress) :P

Any idea what I could have done better? Thanks.

Btw, I'm trying to pick up OKW. Any basic build order that you can suggest I try out? I like going Mechanised Regiment for the Puma since it's great insurance. :D
23 Aug 2015, 15:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2015, 00:31 AMrush
http://www.coh2.org/replay/38804/vs-penguin

here is a game i lost.

gg!

Penguin is a good player,and it was so close game until you deployed Stuart.
You can learn much from this game.I want you to watch this replay again.

Overall,I think you have a problem in multitask.
I wrote below for other mentee who is in trouble over multitask,but it may help you,too.

Second,you are needed to deal with multi battlefield.You still spend too much time on one front.
I know you are micromanagement oriented player.Even so,some improvement should be done.I'll give an example Joris and Crazyman as a top-class micromanagement oriented player,they usually use only 3 seconds per front.In a few seconds,they consider the situation,decide the best way to act,and switch thier display at the next battlefront.

Other than previous advice for multi task,I can recommend you below.

Using "attack move" is one solution for prevention unit loss.
If you use right clik to move somewhere,your units WILL move there even if KingTiger is nearby.
But when you use "attack move", your units stop at the edge of their maximan range from KingTiger so your units are less likely to die.
*I think you can use a hotkey to use "attack move".It will save your time than pressing it by mouse.

Moving your unit from cover to cover is another good solution.
As you know,units in garrison receive less damage.So it's less like to die even if your patrol is late.Moving to shortest garrison is recommended to reduce danger.
*Combined above two tips will help you more.

As of you,using tactical map is other helping way.Not all people can use it,but I remember you can use almost all of the hotkeys.Using tactical map prevent you from losing units especially when you are in fierce battle on multiple battlefront.

And I recommend flame Riflemen blob with grenade.It's the easier way for one who is in trouble over multitask.I watched last replay thinking how does the game go end if you stick your units together and killed two MGs.You may gain victory.Your movement at the early time was brilliant enough to make me think about that.

Fast Stuart is a good way,but it takes long time.So,if your opponent makes two (or more) MGs,you can upgrade grenade immediately.

In addition,I recommend you to build Fighting position.Do you remember the weak point of blob?When you go blob,you will get one territory which you wanted to get,but you will lost many territory.Fighting positions with MGs prevent you from losing your territory.It will help you lot.

The last suggestion is the difference between you and Penguin.Penguin played aggressively.He didn't waste the chance to kill your units.The most impressive scene was that his tank attacked your stuart capturing VP.He must have thought that your Stuart was alone and he could beat it with his tank.Another aggressive scene was that his tanks rushed you as soon as he saw your tanks had been attacked by his air force.

In contrast,you oftem missed these chances.Don't remember you made many chances against a ranked player(especially at the early time),but you just missed them.

Finally,You still have a bad habit of using Stuart alone.It's very dangerous.
23 Aug 2015, 16:26 PM

Yes, please!

Please check below.It is basic information so you are recommended to keep it in mind.

Green color means you have to fight and Red color means you have to run away.Yellow means you have to watch carefully because the battle often depends on RNG(Random Number Generator) GOD.
(e.g. your Sturmpionier are stronger than Rear Echelon at Far range and much stronger at Near range.)
*these infantry is not equipped with additional weapons such as LMG,BAR,or so.
24 Aug 2015, 09:39 AM

To rush,

As you asked the detail of using Stuart yesterday,I add some tips.

The point is that all tanks are valuable.They can cut your opponent's resource for free:they don't need additional resource if they are not destroyed,they just need to be repaired.

Therefore,the more you use,the more you get advantage under the condition that they are not destroyed.In fact,only 1 tank can kill all units if one doesn't prepare for it.

So,you have to use tanks aggressively and carefully,and you don't have to wreck them.In other words,you have to use tanks most effective way under the condition that they are not destroyed.

Do you know the most valuable thing in this game?It's wipeout.

Killing a squad(tank) makes your opponent waste huge resource,it means you have a great advantage.
Decapturing enemy territory,killing a few infantry of one squad is also a valuable thing,but it's the second one.Please note your tanks are made in order to wipe out enemy's squads/tanks.

Then,I'll talk about your Stuart.

Below is the almost all of your patterns for using Stuart.

• Rush enemy's main force.(It's frontal attack.)
  • Rout enemy's infantry which are capturing edge point of the map.You don't chase them.
  • Capturing edge point of the map.

Furthermore,you often use Stuart alone.So,I think your way of using Stuart is away from effectiveness.These patterns are not lead to squad wipe.These are just lead to kill a few infantry or may end in tragedy for your Stuart.

Case 1: Stuart can kill some infantry,but they can retreat easily.Some anti-tank units may kill Stuart.

Case 2: You win easily if there are no traps.Hidden Raketenwerfer (or so) can attack your Stuart.

Case 3: You will get territory,but your opponent's tanks can come.

As you can see above,all your patterns for using Stuart may end in catastrophe.So,what should you do?

The answer is that you have to use tanks with your infantry if there is some possibility of danger.Your infantry use for recon and attacking enemy's anti-tank unit like Paks.

I uploaded my playing on Youtube.I played this match a few days ago and my opponent was ranked about 80 though he didn't play a lot.According to this video,I'll show you how to use tanks.

I deployed my Stuart at 7:10.(It's about 7:30 in my video.I'll use video time from now on.)It's a popular fastest Stuart tactics.

My Stuart went straight to enemy's infantry because there is less possibility of deploying anti-tank units.(At 7:57,I said "My opponent can not afford to make anti-tank units" in Japanese.)So,I intended to kill Volksgrenadier squad,but there was a mine.This is kind of a defensive mine,which doesn't aim to kill tank,but aim to save his units from chasing tank.GJ man.
(This mine may change its role from defensive to aggressive when he sets anti-tank unit nearby.)

After reparing,my Stuart went to right VP point(9:33).This is because there was a Panzerschreck in middle house and there was less possibility of anti-tank units around the right VP point.

But I missed chasing them and defensive mine was there,too.I thought there should be hidden Raketenwerfer,but luckily,there was not.

The next scene is important.From 10:10 to 10:30,my Stuart was between my infantry.These infantry were used for recon unit:it means I could check enemy's unit which was approaching my repairing Stuart.

from 10:30 to 11:50,I never used Stuart alone.At first,I attacked emeny's frontline only with my infantry and if there was no anti-tank unit,my Stuart joined the attack.And please look at the position of my Stuart.It was not at the head of my army.It was at the rear.This is because I was afraid of something happened to me at 11:50.(and you can also see Rear echelon was watching enemy's movement in case Raketenwerfer came to my Stuart.)

12:32 is important scene,too.His Raketenwerfer was retreating and there was no block to flank his Sturmpionier squad.

From 12:52 to 13:42,you can also see I used my infantry as a recon unit and my Stuart tried to attack from behind.This is why I could save my Stuart from Ostwind.For my recon units,I could see Ostwind a bit earlier so I could run away a bit earlier.
(If I was Jesulin,I could have killed Ostwind with Captain&Stuart:()

My video lasts for about 10 minutes,but my basic isn't change so please think for youself about my movement.It will help you lots.
24 Aug 2015, 15:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2015, 10:21 AMsteel

Finally got some time to play the game again. :)

I lost this to the Urban Defense in the Station Building I think. (That thing seems to be a fortress) :P

Any idea what I could have done better? Thanks.

Btw, I'm trying to pick up OKW. Any basic build order that you can suggest I try out? I like going Mechanised Regiment for the Puma since it's great insurance. :D

Welcome back:)

I can say with confidence that the only one solution for Axis is to veto Ettelbruck Station.
In fact,with Urban Defense,I've never been lost on this map.(It's not a joke;))

This map was originally Axis map,but one day,someone(I think it was Korean player) tried Urban Defense and the tide has changed at that time.

As for OKW's order,I suggest building Mechanized Regiment first and back to Battlegroup Headquarter on 2v2.Build order at the early time is like that.

Volks-Volks-Volks-Volks-Mechanized Regiment-Flak Half Track-Raketenwerfer

Flak Half-track is quite useful from early game to late game.You can build Kubel but the role is overlapped.Your Flak Half-track has to be protected by Raketenwerfer and Volks equipped with panzerschreck.I think this is very strong form.Sometimes you will engage Maxim spam with Zis.If so,pick Luftwaffe or Scavenge doctrine.You can deploy your units behind MGs.
(I recommend Scavenge Doctrine because you can deploy Jaeger Light Infantry with lower cost and lower CP than Fallschirmjaeger.)

From midgame,your build order is like that.

Battlegroup Headquarter-Searchlight-infantry Support Gun-Jagdpanzer

Especially,Jagdpanzer is great unit.It can beat ALL allies tanks,including IS-2.
After that,you use Flak Half-track to deal with enemy's infantry and use jagdpanzer to destroy enemy's tank.

You can deploy Ostwind if you feel it hard to stop enemy's infantry.

On 1v1,I'm not used to playing as OKW,but I think Battlegroup Headquarter - Schwerer Panzer Headquarters - P4 is a safer way.Maybe you need Kubelwagen and Raketenwerfer before deploying P4.

Overall,OKW units are specialized,so you needed a clear purpose when you deploy them.
27 Aug 2015, 06:52 AM

Hello again, after your post on basic infantry, I tried making more sturmpios than volks. I am trying to use the AA gun to deal with the HMGs and blobs. But I am having a hard time dealing with Soviet ATs. Please take a look at this replay.

27 Aug 2015, 23:05 PM

Hey Tofu!

Majorbloodnok told me that there was a free slot. Well, im interested to participate in your mentoring program.

1)STEAMID: 76561197963009368

2)I have been playing COH & COH2 for a while

3)Your level of touch typing(select a~d)
  a)perfect touch typing include numbers

4) Atleast 3 hours everyday.

5)I play all factions. I play alot of 2v2, but I can handle 1v1's aswell.

6)When the action gets heavy, I tend to lose squads and engagements. My early games are good, but when the game goes on, the bigger your army gets, the more I begin the lose squads. My mid to late game transition is bad. I want to learn new tactics, I want to improve my field-awareness and my micro.

7)Top 500 all factions in 1v1 and top 100 2v2.

I am looking forward to meet and work with you! Salute!
28 Aug 2015, 05:45 AM

Hello again, after your post on basic infantry, I tried making more sturmpios than volks. I am trying to use the AA gun to deal with the HMGs and blobs. But I am having a hard time dealing with Soviet ATs. Please take a look at this replay.

gg!

Many things have to be improved,but this means you will become better soon.

At first,you didn't need to scatter your units.The game would be easier if you stuck your units together.
"Stick together" means that your units stay close enough to help each other.

Many people say blob is the bad behavior,but I think it's one of the ways for beginner to make this game simple. The problem is that you couldn't deal with multi battleground so it's reasonable to limit your scene to one.

You may be friendly to your mate,and it's important skill for high ranked player,but at this time,the priority is to beat enemy you are faced,not to beat enemy your mate is faced.

Second,you have to learn there are two kinds of house.Roughly speaking,the large houses are durable enough to hold on,and the small houses are fragile so you have to protect the large houses and you can abandon the small houses.

When I watched your replay,you often entered the small houses.These houses are everywhere,but just ignore them.It's meaningless.

However,you should protect the large houses.There tends to be a few large houses on one map.This kind of a house has several windows with green cover,so units in the house will receive less damage from enemy's attack.Once you get the large house,you can rely on it.

Third,If you build Mechanized Regiment Headquarters first,you should make vehicle faster.All vehicles from Mechanized Regiment will do their job once they are deployed.
I think Stuka was a good idea but it's always too late to deploy so I often decide to make Flak Half-track and Raketenwerfer.

At last,your placement of Battlegroup Headquarters are not good.It won't be destroyed,but it's hard for you and your mate to use.You should build it at starting position.

I uploaded my video on Youtube.I think it will help you.This game was about two weeks ago and team MoD was top 100 team.

As you can see,I rarely scatter my units because it was risky.Reluctantly,I spread my units a few times because my opponent was very very good team and I had nothing to do but do that.
I think you can focus on one scene because your rank is not so high at this time.(You will increase your rank soon though.)

If you have any questions,please feel free to ask :)
28 Aug 2015, 07:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Aug 2015, 23:05 PMtanju
Hey Tofu!

Majorbloodnok told me that there was a free slot. Well, im interested to participate in your mentoring program.

1)STEAMID: 76561197963009368

2)I have been playing COH & COH2 for a while

3)Your level of touch typing(select a~d)
  a)perfect touch typing include numbers

4) Atleast 3 hours everyday.

5)I play all factions. I play alot of 2v2, but I can handle 1v1's aswell.

6)When the action gets heavy, I tend to lose squads and engagements. My early games are good, but when the game goes on, the bigger your army gets, the more I begin the lose squads. My mid to late game transition is bad. I want to learn new tactics, I want to improve my field-awareness and my micro.

7)Top 500 all factions in 1v1 and top 100 2v2.

I am looking forward to meet and work with you! Salute!

Welcome!

But it seems you are almost top 100 in 2v2.Do you really need any help?

I've not watched your play,but your PlayerCard and your record on steam says you are good enough to teach someone how to play this game.

I'm willing to help you if you want,but the class shall be a bit different from other mentees.
28 Aug 2015, 08:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Aug 2015, 15:56 PMtofu

Welcome back:)

I can say with confidence that the only one solution for Axis is to veto Ettelbruck Station.
In fact,with Urban Defense,I've never been lost on this map.(It's not a joke;))

This map was originally Axis map,but one day,someone(I think it was Korean player) tried Urban Defense and the tide has changed at that time.

As for OKW's order,I suggest building Mechanized Regiment first and back to Battlegroup Headquarter on 2v2.Build order at the early time is like that.

Volks-Volks-Volks-Volks-Mechanized Regiment-Flak Half Track-Raketenwerfer

Flak Half-track is quite useful from early game to late game.You can build Kubel but the role is overlapped.Your Flak Half-track has to be protected by Raketenwerfer and Volks equipped with panzerschreck.I think this is very strong form.Sometimes you will engage Maxim spam with Zis.If so,pick Luftwaffe or Scavenge doctrine.You can deploy your units behind MGs.
(I recommend Scavenge Doctrine because you can deploy Jaeger Light Infantry with lower cost and lower CP than Fallschirmjaeger.)

From midgame,your build order is like that.

Battlegroup Headquarter-Searchlight-infantry Support Gun-Jagdpanzer

Especially,Jagdpanzer is great unit.It can beat ALL allies tanks,including IS-2.
After that,you use Flak Half-track to deal with enemy's infantry and use jagdpanzer to destroy enemy's tank.

You can deploy Ostwind if you feel it hard to stop enemy's infantry.

On 1v1,I'm not used to playing as OKW,but I think Battlegroup Headquarter - Schwerer Panzer Headquarters - P4 is a safer way.Maybe you need Kubelwagen and Raketenwerfer before deploying P4.

Overall,OKW units are specialized,so you needed a clear purpose when you deploy them.
Thanks for the BO. I've tried it with my AT partner and it has won me all of my matches so far. I've included Fortifications Doctrine in as well. Do you think I should get the MG-34 or a kubel. My volks don't seem to hold well against massed infantry without any suppression unit until the Flak HT comes out.
28 Aug 2015, 08:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Aug 2015, 08:07 AMsteel
Thanks for the BO. I've tried it with my AT partner and it has won me all of my matches so far. I've included Fortifications Doctrine in as well. Do you think I should get the MG-34 or a kubel. My volks don't seem to hold well against massed infantry without any suppression unit until the Flak HT comes out.

I don't think you need to get suppression units before Flak HT.

Today I uploaded my video(though I played this two weeks ago) and this will help you.
Fast Flak HT(5:40 in match time) is enough.You can move defensively before deploying Flak HT,or you can also rely on your mate.

28 Aug 2015, 17:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Aug 2015, 07:47 AMtofu

Welcome!

But it seems you are almost top 100 in 2v2.Do you really need any help?

I've not watched your play,but your PlayerCard and your record on steam says you are good enough to teach someone how to play this game.

I'm willing to help you if you want,but the class shall be a bit different from other mentees.

Thanks! Yes I really want this help to improve, especially in the 1v1 scenario. I need some mentoring to reach a higher level.
29 Aug 2015, 10:08 AM

OK,I added you on steam so please recieve it.

I've never taught anyone who is in top 200 so please wait a bit to make myself clear how to teach you.

I think I can post my thought in one or two days :S
29 Aug 2015, 20:17 PM

We can try with a 1v1, there you can see my mistakes while playing etc.
31 Aug 2015, 10:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2015, 10:08 AMtofu
OK,I added you on steam so please recieve it.

I've never taught anyone who is in top 200 so please wait a bit to make myself clear how to teach you.

I think I can post my thought in one or two days :S

I want you to give me your own replays or someone's replays you want to research.Any videos on Youtube (or so) is welcomed.
And could you add some comment on these replays?

I think you are good enough,so you don't have many points of improvement.
Instead of that,I think building your own strategy will be the aim in my class.

There are many meta,many guides, and many static tactics in this game.Many people praise them and use them with no doubt.
In some ways,they are right.Meta makes you easier to understand,guides are useful,and tactics also helps you lots.
However,all of these are for beginners,not for high ranked players.

I don't mean that high ranked players don't use Meta.I do mean high ranked players depend less on the thought of others.
There are various types of matches on uppor level because nobody plays as seeing textbook.So you have to adapt various types of situations.
There are no tips on "Semosky 1v1 against jove",there are no hints on "how to counter CaptainSPrice's 141 population cap tactics".If you want to win,you have to think for yourself.

In fact,no one teaches how to beat these top players.You can just see it through Twitch or Youtube.
So,I think it is very important to learn from watching someone's (or your own) replay.

I believe thinking for yourself will let you know what is good and what is bad in this game and after piling up these judgement,you can build your own strategy instead of imitating someone's rigid tactics.

If you give me your own replay,I can also find your mistakes.
1 Sep 2015, 13:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Aug 2015, 10:00 AMtofu

I want you to give me your own replays or someone's replays you want to research.Any videos on Youtube (or so) is welcomed.
And could you add some comment on these replays?

I think you are good enough,so you don't have many points of improvement.
Instead of that,I think building your own strategy will be the aim in my class.

There are many meta,many guides, and many static tactics in this game.Many people praise them and use them with no doubt.
In some ways,they are right.Meta makes you easier to understand,guides are useful,and tactics also helps you lots.
However,all of these are for beginners,not for high ranked players.

I don't mean that high ranked players don't use Meta.I do mean high ranked players depend less on the thought of others.
There are various types of matches on uppor level because nobody plays as seeing textbook.So you have to adapt various types of situations.
There are no tips on "Semosky 1v1 against jove",there are no hints on "how to counter CaptainSPrice's 141 population cap tactics".If you want to win,you have to think for yourself.

In fact,no one teaches how to beat these top players.You can just see it through Twitch or Youtube.
So,I think it is very important to learn from watching someone's (or your own) replay.

I believe thinking for yourself will let you know what is good and what is bad in this game and after piling up these judgement,you can build your own strategy instead of imitating someone's rigid tactics.

If you give me your own replay,I can also find your mistakes.

Okay as you say.. It's just the fine-tuning that I need. Anyway, I will provide you with replays then.

Gr
16 Sep 2015, 14:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Aug 2015, 08:44 AMtofu

I don't think you need to get suppression units before Flak HT.

Today I uploaded my video(though I played this two weeks ago) and this will help you.
Fast Flak HT(5:40 in match time) is enough.You can move defensively before deploying Flak HT,or you can also rely on your mate.

Back in action again. :)

In that vid, I saw you lost your SPio early on to the flamer car. Why didn't you go for a Raketenwerfer? Is it because it's not really reliable or was it because your mate was getting a pak?
17 Sep 2015, 05:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2015, 14:01 PMsteel
Back in action again. :)

In that vid, I saw you lost your SPio early on to the flamer car. Why didn't you go for a Raketenwerfer? Is it because it's not really reliable or was it because your mate was getting a pak?

It is because M3A1 is not so good on this map.If your team goes together(to the center of map),this kind of unit can do nothing.

And I wanted to make Flak Half-track first.It can be used as a good countermeasure against M3A1 tactics.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 28
Germany 566

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment