Login

russian armor

Transfer orders

29 Jul 2015, 00:12 AM

i recalled a tuning mod in the steam workshop called all units mod had that where if you "accidently" bought a unit you didn't want or wanted to free up pop cap instead yolo suiciding you had the option to do so why isn't it implemented into MP as of yet? its in SP so i see no harm of having it in there as a useful mechanic to free up pop space for all the factions
29 Jul 2015, 00:15 AM
Patrion 14

you must be punished for making bad judgement/mistakes.
29 Jul 2015, 00:21 AM

i want you to punish me pigsoup
29 Jul 2015, 23:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2015, 00:15 AMpigsoup

i believe a game called World in Conflict had a similar mechanic where you can "delete" your units to change your force composition if the situation demanded for it. CoH2 has that mechanic in SP but it is not in MP. The addition of this mechanic to all factions would be a welcomed benefit instead of charging units into a suicide feeding the opposing force free exp in order to free up pop cap. It's also useful if you accidentally bought a unit you didn't want. After all people can make mistakes even me and even you so it's nice if that option was available to us.
30 Jul 2015, 00:35 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2015, 00:21 AMNinjaWJ
i want you to punish me pigsoup

tempt me.
30 Jul 2015, 00:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2015, 00:15 AMpigsoup
However, it would be interesting if there was a mechanic which allowed us to get around poorly scaling units without having to give the enemy veterancy. It would be a nice soft-balance.
30 Jul 2015, 21:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jul 2015, 00:45 AMJaedrik
However, it would be interesting if there was a mechanic which allowed us to get around poorly scaling units without having to give the enemy veterancy. It would be a nice soft-balance.

not to mention the ability to change force composition if the situation demands for it
30 Jul 2015, 22:15 PM

One of the US Commanders has an ability to retreat vehicles off the map and get their fuel back (but not the manpower). It's not quite the same, and is limited to one commander, but it is in... sorta.

I don't think a feature like this would be inherently broken, it just needs some tweaking and adjustments to work. In World in Conflict you didn't get an immediate refund on the unit you removed, instead it was slowly recycled back into your funds over time. Something similar could be done in CoH2 by granting you a temporary income boost for a couple minutes until the cost (or percentage of that cost) was refunded.
30 Jul 2015, 22:24 PM

One of the US Commanders has an ability to retreat vehicles off the map and get their fuel back (but not the manpower). It's not quite the same, and is limited to one commander, but it is in... sorta.

I don't think a feature like this would be inherently broken, it just needs some tweaking and adjustments to work. In World in Conflict you didn't get an immediate refund on the unit you removed, instead it was slowly recycled back into your funds over time. Something similar could be done in CoH2 by granting you a temporary income boost for a couple minutes until the cost (or percentage of that cost) was refunded.

you read my mind and that might work as long we get an option to remove units in field to free up pop cap as well as change force composition when the situation demands for it

ps. do you still play WiC i stopped after a while because of all the green weener noobs
8 Aug 2015, 05:21 AM

im just hoping relic is reading this thread and considering of implementing the option in-game
8 Aug 2015, 06:15 AM
Patrion 14

I'd even be happy without any refunds. It's the pop cap that I usually want to free up.
9 Aug 2015, 01:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Aug 2015, 06:15 AMSappi
I'd even be happy without any refunds. It's the pop cap that I usually want to free up.

which is why we gotta keep this topic strong so we can get relic's attention same with the native language option
9 Aug 2015, 02:13 AM

If you weren't punished for a foolish purpose the strategy element would suffer. People lose games based upon poorly timed purchases, to remove an element like that would just detract from overall strategy to simplify the game. Game needs more complexity, not simplicity.
9 Aug 2015, 02:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Aug 2015, 02:13 AMSwift
If you weren't punished for a foolish purpose the strategy element would suffer. People lose games based upon poorly timed purchases, to remove an element like that would just detract from overall strategy to simplify the game. Game needs more complexity, not simplicity.

you haven't played World in Conflict have you? it is complex as it is simple, harsh yet forgiving at the same time. having a game mechanic as similar to WiC will allow you (the player) to change force composition if the situation demands for it. plus its flexible as it is forgiving. where CoH2 is currently if you make even one small mistake you get penalized so heavily and harshly for it. while it encourages hardcore players such as yourself to be paranoid and schizophrenic every step of the way. it also discourages new players to the point where they dont want to play the game anymore and that has always proven to be not a very good sign...
9 Aug 2015, 02:44 AM
Patrion 28

allowing for pop cap to be freed up still (potentially) leaves you with the loss of the mp/mun/fuel spent on the unit. for most units i think that's probably an acceptable trade off.
9 Aug 2015, 10:34 AM

I'm not paranoid or hardcore, so if you wouldn't mind I'd prefer you not pulling out labels. What I mean to say is that although it works in World in Conflict, the mechanics of CoH 2 are different and wouldn't fit so well. I could see maybe a unit getting withdrawn to another front as a way of pulling a unit off the field, but I don't think it would help the game develop as it means if you are in the leading position you can always change up your force composition whenever required, which would be hard for the losing player as their opponent would always be able to adapt at what little they can throw at them.
9 Aug 2015, 15:03 PM

Getting all or most of your resources back sounds like a terrible idea.
Simple example, USF gets sherman, OKW gets JP4 in response, and after killing the sherman the OKW gets a refund for the JP4 to spend the resources on AI, not only do I find that kind of stupid in itself, but there's also the problem that usually the USF player has to assume the OKW player still has the JP4.
9 Aug 2015, 20:43 PM

Getting all or most of your resources back sounds like a terrible idea.
Simple example, USF gets sherman, OKW gets JP4 in response, and after killing the sherman the OKW gets a refund for the JP4 to spend the resources on AI, not only do I find that kind of stupid in itself, but there's also the problem that usually the USF player has to assume the OKW player still has the JP4.

anything is better than just sending your units to their deaths like penny-ante poker chips just to free up pop cap as long as there is an option to free up pop cap thats all care resources or no
10 Aug 2015, 08:15 AM
Patrion 14

Yea. It's not about avoiding punishment for poor judgment, but avoiding having to feed your opponent. Many initially useful units almost inevitably end up being destroyed during the match, but good micro should be rewarded with the possibility of peacefully withdrawing the units that have outlived their usefulness.

Take, for instance, the Kubel. Most of the time it gets shot up somewhere and the enemy claims the XP, but if you really did manage to get it to survive until the late game, why should you then be "punished for poor choices" and have to feed it to your opponent in order to free pop cap for that decisive Panther?
18 Aug 2015, 03:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Aug 2015, 08:15 AMSappi
Yea. It's not about avoiding punishment for poor judgment, but avoiding having to feed your opponent. Many initially useful units almost inevitably end up being destroyed during the match, but good micro should be rewarded with the possibility of peacefully withdrawing the units that have outlived their usefulness.

Take, for instance, the Kubel. Most of the time it gets shot up somewhere and the enemy claims the XP, but if you really did manage to get it to survive until the late game, why should you then be "punished for poor choices" and have to feed it to your opponent in order to free pop cap for that decisive Panther?

which is why i champion the idea of transfer orders because if a unit has outlived its usefulness i rather "delete" it to free up pop cap instead of giving the opposing team free exp. wonder why relic hasn't implemented this mechanic as of yet
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★