Login

russian armor

USF/SU Vs. 2 OKW

27 Jul 2015, 18:26 PM

Hey All,

My friend and I are a bit at a loss.
It seem that what ever we try to pull ends up with the short hand of the stick.
Even after some good victories and small skirmishes around the match, the opposition seem to be having an easier time.

Now, while I do know that there are some balance issues with the game, I am also not a grand-master great player, and I wish to improve myself.

So thus, I'd like some pointers, maybe even a different build order.
Anything you guys think that might be of service.(Either for me, or my team mate.)

Kind Regards,

Durkalina.
27 Jul 2015, 18:52 PM
Patrion 15

So, I've just watched the first 8 mins (so far).

I'm not an expert, at all but I have a few pointers.

Firstly, T1 on Rails and Metal isn't a terrible choice. I probably would have gone T2, so I had the option of getting a Zis, but you didn't make the best use of it.

You went T1 -> Cons, then ended up floating manpower to get your first Sniper (you over saved a little to 390, but that is neither here nor there) before floating up to 400 manpower before getting another sniper.

So, at this point (~4 mins) you've got Engineers, Cons, Sniper, Sniper facing off against 3 Volks and a Sturms. Thats a hell of alot more capping power for "lane" enemy, so you didn't manage to get that, left hand side, fuel. Unfortunately, your ally had a hard time his side, also not getting any fuel.

Around 4:30 you got a second cons squad.

You then floated even more manpower, reaching 800+ Manpower and over 100 Fuel by 7:30. You could have teched T3 around min 6 and had more troops on the field.

You then called in some shocks.

So, what to do?

First of all, I'd recommend getting two or more cons squads out before your first sniper so you have the capping power, and the ability to flank and push off a Kubel (you were lucky not to face one, IMO). The first few minutes are important, and you wasted a lot of them with only 2 capping squads while you built two snipers.

Consider getting a M3 and Flamers on your engineers, a well micro'd clown car can do some serious damage early game; just be aware of any shrecks.

Doctrine wise, the one you chose isn't bad, but shocks are not great on that map (too open), so you may have been better served choosing a Guards doctine, which will also help fill in any gaps caused by not having T2/Zis.

Lastly (for now), tech T3. Like I said, you floated up to 800+ manpower and over 100 fuel in the first 7 mins; an early M5 Quad/T70 can do wonders against Ost or OWK and it was just about in your reach for the 7 min mark if you had been more aware of how much manpower you were floating.
27 Jul 2015, 18:57 PM
Patrion 15

Another note; by 7 mins your ally had still not started teching either Capt or Lt. He was just getting an ambo.

It was probably (I haven't been paying much attention his side) down to being bled of manpower, so if he is struggling to decap that right side fuel on his own it might be worth him switching to go middle and helping you out instead of draining MP and gifting vet by trying to decap the fuel over and over.

He had the more than enough fuel and MP to have teched much earlier, had he not been throwing his units against the same point over and over, and a M20/AA HT/Stuart/Lt/Capt would have helped.
27 Jul 2015, 21:20 PM

Heya Kobunite,

First thanks for your input!
Hmm, yeah it's true I was floating man power.
I read that it's a good idea to get
Cons
sniper
sniper
to shocks, and it's what I tried to emulate while having a USF partner.

I will take your advice to mind.

We used to play double USF, but the combo proved too ineffective against current meta :/

If you, or anyone else got more input/suggestions for me or my partner we would appreciate that :)

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 24
United States 14
United States 1
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %