Login

russian armor

Adjusting general AI behaviour? [Attribute Edior]

Dar
16 Jul 2015, 23:55 PM

Hey people, again another question.

Or rather several at once.

I'm in the final pre-beta stage of creating my Mod Pack. And as a finishing touch, I want to adjust the AI behaviour. Not the combat behaviour, but some general things.

1. How can I tell the AI which custom units to use - and with a priority or probability maybe?

I found that a lot of squads are listed under ai_economy\complete\default. Although OKW and USF squads seem to be missing. The AI automatically started deploying custom units anyway - but is there a way to influence the probability? The economy values [utility, per_unit_X] have no documentation and I can't figure out what effect they have. Any intel on this would be really helpful.

2. How can I tell the AI which upgrades to buy - and with priority or probability maybe?

Same issue as with the squads. I have created several custom upgrades from scratch that need to be "researched" at buildings to unlock certain squads/units/vehicles/other upgrades (similar to battle phase). How can I make sure the AI will actually purchase these upgrades to gain access to the stuff? Or how likely the AI will choose to do so?

3. Can I influence the AIs choice of skin pack?

The AI chooses a specific skin pack very often, one that doesn't fit the aim of my mod pack (era focused). Is there a way to force the AI to not use a certain Skin Pack or use another one with higher probability - without forcing the skin for every vehicle entity, so that players can't use skin packs either?

I hope there is even any knowledge about this. Any help is appreciated.
17 Jul 2015, 00:30 AM
Honorary Member Badge

3. Unfortunately, no.
Dar
17 Jul 2015, 09:28 AM

Now that is just... great. But I guess chances were slim anyway.

By the sheer extent of your comment I take it that you meant not just No.3 but that "NO" holds for 1. and 2. as well?

Is there at least a way to influence the AIs choice of commander abilities? Like - on Hard the AI uses a lot more abilities than on Normal Difficulty. Can I make the Normal AI use these, too?
17 Jul 2015, 12:53 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Just for 3, I haven't messed with the AI, yet.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★