Login

russian armor

How do I force a skin pack?

Dar
12 Jul 2015, 19:16 PM

Hey community,

I'm currently in the process of creating a mod pack and added the OKW Kubelwagen to the Wehrmacht faction.

Unfortunatly, a Wehrmacht Skin Pack of course doesn't hold skin files for the Kubelwagen, so the selected faction skin pack does not apply to the vehicle. It spawns with the basic Africa Sand-Texture (who ever came up with this idea, good work relic).

In the attribute editors 'ebps' section I can edit a clone of the kubelwagen. In the UI section there is a key named "skin_summer" and one "skin_winter".

Is it possible to force only the Kubelwagen to use an OKW Skin instead of the basic texture? If yes, what is the syntax for the key value? I tried "okw_0004_summer" and "okw_0004_winter" (without quotation marks) but it had no effect.

Any help is appreciated.
Dar
12 Jul 2015, 20:56 PM

Nevermind. I figured it out. I had to enable the overwrite.

Now I just have to figure out how to disable decals without a decal pack... since show_entity_appearance key will only disable color, not the decal shapes.
12 Jul 2015, 22:25 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Dunkelgelb, or dark yellow, was the standard factory paint scheme in the later years of the war.

As for disabling decals completely, not possible.
Dar
12 Jul 2015, 22:55 PM

Thanks for the info, but even Dunkelgelb was afaik usually not deployed on the battlefield like this (as Panzergrau was in the early war), it just served as a base layer and units would later paint over the vehicles to fit their AO.

Anyway, back to the important stuff:

That is very unfortunate, but thanks for the clarification. It seems to be possible to disable decals for some entities though. The Base buildings for example. But most vehicles seem to have it hardcoded.

Guess I'll just have to deal with it.

12 Jul 2015, 23:27 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Since it was up to the unit, it makes sense for the vehicles to have dunkelgelb by default, since players can choose a skin to replace it, much like units would do when they received them from the factory.

Vehicles use their own decal sheet, which decal packs can replace, but it is otherwise hard-coded.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★