Login

russian armor

Clowncar Into PTRS Spam?

11 Jul 2015, 02:56 AM

Just lost an extremely difficult 1v1 game where my opponent went -

1) Several Conscripts
2) 1x Clowncar with flamethrower Engineers (arriving somewhat late)
3) PTRS upgrade on multiple Conscripts (Tankhunter Tactics)
4) 2x Snipers
5) 1x SU-85

I went -

1) 3x Volks and an extra Sturmpio
2) Battlegroup Headquarters
3) 3x Panzerfusiliers
4) Jagdpanzer IV
5) T4
5) 2x Luchs

So obviously a pretty nasty build-order that highlights a lot of the difficulties OKW has with Soviets. Map was Road to Kharkov. Don't have a replay, but I'll try to describe what happened.

I had about 75% map control - including both fuel points - after about five minutes and won most the early engagements, but I went Battlegroup Headquarters first for the healing. This made getting a counter out for the Clowncar difficult (should have gone Mechanized and Puma I guess) and caused me to lose map-control. I ended up buying a Jagdpanzer because I was floating fuel and needed a counter out as soon as possible.

At this point the enemy player started throwing PTRSs on his Conscripts and rolled out the two snipers. The two snipers showed up after I killed the Clowncar and began bleeding my manpower down quite a bit, so I went T4 for the Luchs. Won a couple of engagements at that point against isolated enemy units (I think a freak Jagdpanzer round also managed to wipe an entire Sniper Team at one point), but I couldn't find a way to deal with what ended up being a fairly sizable Sniper and Conscript blob. Thought I played quite well, all things considered, so it was a very frustrating loss.

Any suggestions for dealing with this sort of thing?
11 Jul 2015, 03:29 AM

Interesting strategy.

• You did good up until you decided to go Schwer and get 2 Luchs out after the jadg.
  • I'd recommend going mechanized instead and getting a fast stuka out, followed by schwer and Ober spam to counter the snipers/cons at range well. Or as an easier solution you can go falls or jeager doc and pop em' out of buildings to kill snipers on retreat/in cover nearby.
  • Vs Su-85 and PTRS cons never go luch imo, would be better to get more anti-inf out(i.e. obers/jaegers/falls/panzerfusiliers) and go stuka.
  • Vs the early-ish clown car well laid mines or a raketen + shrek combo work nicely vs it, make sure to camo the raketen when you get the clown car nearby to be sneaky.
  • If you go for mines, put them on a road path he'll most likely use or route he's used before as he'll probably use it again, other than that the rest of the build order is okay.(though you can either stick with the plain stuka option which makes countering the snipers a more difficult task in some ways if he's good at moving them away or you can select a different doc for units out of buildings).

• If you'd prefer not popping out units from buildings Obers + fusiliers can help with Obers focusing on the snipers/con blob from range.
aaa
11 Jul 2015, 05:26 AM

At the end you manage kill your jagpanz with air strike that didnt hit anything else. That was such a skill.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Netherlands 12
unknown 5
Netherlands 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak