Login

russian armor

British Forces Video!

9 Jul 2015, 18:31 PM

NDA is gone, right?

MajorBloodnok:
Everything is fine about basic units, since they have all been disclosed via the static poster,or the vid, or the games press. The only thing technically off-limits are the actual commanders,and even they will be open, if they are pre-sold and open to view on steam (on official channels ofc)

So... you can talk Centaurs, snipers, Commandos,Tulips etc

Bizarrely, the only thing really under wraps still, is the rest of the patch.. .bcs who can put their hand on their heart and say how this will turn out? :unsure::(

Well, vetted Churchull during alpha had range like AT gun... :loco:

Wut? :faint:
9 Jul 2015, 18:35 PM

but, but, but it's over!!!
9 Jul 2015, 18:41 PM

hue hue hue

NDA is gone, right? If I can't disscuss/show about it, you know what to do with it.

This is what Cynthia said about it: "Thanks for checking anything not in the press release cannot be discussed, as it still falls under NDA."
9 Jul 2015, 18:48 PM
Donator 33

hue hue hue

NDA is gone, right? If I can't disscuss/show about it, you know what to do with it.

I think KV-8 has the same range with VET 3 (about 30 range),i just hope we dont get staghounds with full auto top mg´s that will suppress and kill everything :D

9 Jul 2015, 18:53 PM
Donator 11

Because IS-2s are soooooo 1941...

Apart from IS 2 and a few other doctrinal units, what else are from 1944?
9 Jul 2015, 18:58 PM

UPDATES:
Features:

UNIQUE PLAYSTYLE: Experience a unique tech-tree that challenges the player to balance the constant trade-off between mobility and defense – basically giving you two factions for the price of one. Surprise your opponents with your development choices and an open end game configuration.

DISTINCTIVE UNITS & ABILITIES: From the Churchill Crocodile flamethrower tank to the RAF glider, this new faction introduces new gameplay mechanics with a range of 15 one-of-a-kind units. Meanwhile, the new commanders’ abilities revolve around impressive staged events making the most of air raids and artillery.

ARMY WITH CHARACTER: An international cast of actors from England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales and New-Zealand bring the units to life, with accents ranging from the posh elite to the working class. The writing of the units’ audio cues was also given special attention in order to ensure the various regional differences – and rivalries – among the British subjects stand out.

IMPROVED MO-CAPPED ANIMATIONS: The battlefield comes to life like never before thanks to motion-captured data for the most common animation set (SMG), that will also update all of the previous armies’ animation systems.

NEW MAPS: Eight stunning new maps enhance the extensive collection of pre-existing Company of Heroes 2 maps as well as thousands of community created maps available on the Steam workshop.

INTENSE ONLINE COMBAT: Feel the unprecedented ferocity of frontline strategic warfare and engage in visceral battle with adversaries from across the globe.
9 Jul 2015, 18:59 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

hue hue hue

That's fine! :) Actually, pretty fine!! :D (Range might not be, to the lily-livered ;) )
9 Jul 2015, 19:00 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

UPDATES:
Features:

UNIQUE PLAYSTYLE: Experience a unique tech-tree that challenges the player to balance the constant trade-off between mobility and defense – basically giving you two factions for the price of one. Surprise your opponents with your development choices and an open end game configuration.

DISTINCTIVE UNITS & ABILITIES: From the Churchill Crocodile flamethrower tank to the RAF glider, this new faction introduces new gameplay mechanics with a range of 15 one-of-a-kind units. Meanwhile, the new commanders’ abilities revolve around impressive staged events making the most of air raids and artillery.

ARMY WITH CHARACTER: An international cast of actors from England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales and New-Zealand bring the units to life, with accents ranging from the posh elite to the working class. The writing of the units’ audio cues was also given special attention in order to ensure the various regional differences – and rivalries – among the British subjects stand out.

IMPROVED MO-CAPPED ANIMATIONS: The battlefield comes to life like never before thanks to motion-captured data for the most common animation set (SMG), that will also update all of the previous armies’ animation systems.

NEW MAPS: Eight stunning new maps enhance the extensive collection of pre-existing Company of Heroes 2 maps as well as thousands of community created maps available on the Steam workshop.

INTENSE ONLINE COMBAT: Feel the unprecedented ferocity of frontline strategic warfare and engage in visceral battle with adversaries from across the globe.

The only thing which throws me here,is reference to the New Zealanders... who did not face army combat in NW Europe (though their airforce did). I wonder if Relic are introducing something for Italy, or N Africa?
9 Jul 2015, 19:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jul 2015, 18:48 PMATCF

I think KV-8 has the same range with VET 3 (about 30 range),i just hope we dont get staghounds with full auto top mg´s that will suppress and kill everything :D

Well, KV8 does not have range like half of the screen + splash which makes it like 3/4 of the screen :drool:

Once I put teller mine and AT gun in range about 50 (so I can hit 2-3 times before it will run away with engine damage). Churchill was able to wipe my Pak40 from that range :loco:
9 Jul 2015, 19:07 PM

The only thing which throws me here,is reference to the New Zealanders... who did not face army combat in NW Europe (though their airforce did). I wonder if Relic are introducing something for Italy, or N Africa?

This should help with that answer:
Company of Heroes 2: The British Forces is the new standalone multiplayer release in this esteemed World War II RTS franchise. It is the perfect entry point into the vibrant Company of Heroes 2 community. Play as the unconquerable Britons and their motley-crew of soldiers! A force remarkable for its diversity, including Englishmen, Scotsmen, Welshmen, Irishmen – representing everyone from the working classes to the upper class elite of the United Kingdom. Under the leadership of the fiery Sir Winston Churchill, this assorted mix put aside their differences and became the only remaining Western European nation to escape the grip of Axis-dominated Europe, before leading the final offensive with the other Allied Forces.
9 Jul 2015, 19:18 PM

This is what Cynthia said about it: "Thanks for checking anything not in the press release cannot be discussed, as it still falls under NDA."

As Zupa said, the NDA is still very much in effect.

http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes-2/company-of-heroes-2-general-discussion/186086-for-king-and-country?p=186153#post186153

So talking about units is a big no-no...
9 Jul 2015, 19:20 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

This should help with that answer:

ermm... I can only conclude that the skillz planez - Air Assault -are piloted by New Zealanders...

Typhoon pilot
9 Jul 2015, 19:23 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

As Zupa said, the NDA is still very much in effect.

http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes-2/company-of-heroes-2-general-discussion/186086-for-king-and-country?p=186153#post186153

So talking about units is a big no-no...

No...the hidden part of the patch is NDA.... but the basic Britz have now been introduced into the public domain. only their commanders are NDA AFAIK, unless and until they are also publicised.
9 Jul 2015, 19:47 PM

I don't see how they can honestly say two factions for the price of one, I am still waiting for scavanger and a few others to drop so I can have the flexibility to keep pace with meta. Unless sweeping massive changes are happening once they balance brits there will be some units you just dont use!

Meta means 1 brit faction not 2 :-(
9 Jul 2015, 19:54 PM

No...the hidden part of the patch is NDA.... but the basic Britz have now been introduced into the public domain. only their commanders are NDA AFAIK, unless and until they are also publicised.
cynthia just responded to me asking about it. Anything not in the press release is still under nfa
9 Jul 2015, 19:57 PM
Benefactor 115

Will I break NDA if I say the Brits have the best voice work Relic have done to date?
9 Jul 2015, 20:07 PM

Ipkai is right, voice acting and voice lines are so awesome... And so is British menu theme Kreygasm.
9 Jul 2015, 20:16 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Will I break NDA if I say the Brits have the best voice work Relic have done to date?

If only they went the extra mile with DoW just to re-record lines for the older factions and their responses. I'm pretty sure they're just grabbing the same voice actors all the time as the Panzerfusilers are the same as the Panzergrenadiers :P
9 Jul 2015, 20:25 PM

They made best new coh/faction video in coh history

9 Jul 2015, 21:00 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jul 2015, 13:27 PMHater

LOL, i know a guy who thought it would be free :D

It will be really hard for people to bitch about 10 quid but I am sure somebody will manage it
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 127
unknown 31
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak