Login

russian armor

Forward Retreat Point too good with buffed MGs?

9 Jul 2015, 01:34 AM

I am finding OKW Forward Retreat Point to be really good with how the MGs were buffed. Ost bunkers have a lot less health, but an OKW/OST team is nigh-unbeatable especially on big maps with a harder to kill Heal truck sitting a little beyond the mid-point. Forward Retreat Point has always been a touchy issue(that half the factions have it and the other half don't), but with the buffed MGs it takes a lot to break through Axis defensive lines. The problem comes when Axis players can reset their defense line faster than the Allied players can bring units up to throw against it on large maps. I don't know if taking away the Forward Retreat Point ability would be too detrimental to OKW and USF or if adding it to OST and SOV would be too OP.
9 Jul 2015, 01:36 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I am finding OKW Forward Retreat Point to be really good with how the MGs were buffed. Ost bunkers have a lot less health, but an OKW/OST team is nigh-unbeatable especially on big maps with a harder to kill Heal truck sitting a little beyond the mid-point. Forward Retreat Point has always been a touchy issue(that half the factions have it and the other half don't), but with the buffed MGs it takes a lot to break through Axis defensive lines. The problem comes when Axis players can reset their defense line faster than the Allied players can bring units up to throw against it on large maps. I don't know if taking away the Forward Retreat Point ability would be too detrimental to OKW and USF or if adding it to OST and SOV would be too OP.

Well if your double soviet you can punish it BADLY with artillery and if you have a USF or double USF you can just return the favor with constant careless rifle smoke assaults with major retreat point.

So its balanced Kappa
9 Jul 2015, 01:38 AM

The issue is OKW is far, far from OP this current patch and the faction relies heavily early game on the forward retreat point to stay on the field because of Volks being outclassed by cons and rifles.

Taking away the forward retreat point would require a buff to OKW early game that might make the factions late game to good, so honestly I would rather just see Ostheer and Soviets get FRP options in doctrines they can chose.

9 Jul 2015, 02:29 AM

forward retreat point is risky vs rewards, too close to the mid could lost from a bad engagement and got force back, as soviets when against OKW, i always get a early AT gun as 3rd unit to counter early MG car, and a early AT gun in a 2v2 against okw means u can barrage the retreat point from mid. also 2 120mm can keep barrage it from safe distance and bring that retreat point to ashes.

also SU76 spam right now is overpowered very bad, it counters everything when u have 4-5 of them, barrage blob path with some luck usually kill alot units or building can bring it down so fast. there is no tank from OKW can stand against SU76 spam, only thing have a chance to 1shot su76 is pak44 but if u willing to sacrifice 1 su76 with 4-5 su76 barrage in same time, that pak44 will go down in no time, even Jagdtiger can't 1shot a su76 you have enough time to pull the damage tank back, when their at infantry got push back to retreat u can even charge ur SU76s to take Jagdtiger head on, maybe lost 1-2 su76 but Jagdtiger will be dead meat, 560mp 150 fuel to treat off a 800mp 290fuel tank is well worth it.
9 Jul 2015, 02:41 AM

its not that hard to take out a retreat point.... well unless you're just massing up your infantry and blobbing into it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 54
unknown 24
Netherlands 7
Russian Federation 51
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L