Login

russian armor

Faceplate's that indicate ELO/Rank?

9 Jul 2015, 16:10 PM

+1. Current prestige system is so pointless.
9 Jul 2015, 16:11 PM

I think the idea is sweet.
9 Jul 2015, 16:16 PM

Please everyone, actually play league of legends before saying "omg another competitive game has elo faceplates!"

By the time you see an elo faceplate in Lol, it is too late to leave the game without penalty. In coh2, you can leave the game during loading screen and as long as your entire team leaves before 5 minutes, the game gets voided (gets counted as a dispute? something happens not no direct loss).

The reason the system works in LoL is because you can't panic-quit when you see a high ranking player. (and because matchmaking is good enough to put similar ranked players together).
9 Jul 2015, 16:23 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jul 2015, 15:59 PMCieZ
There's already a perfectly fine ranking system - ELO. Nothing there needs to change.

In game leaderboards I guess would be cool, easier access or whatever. People who care about rank already know how and where to find it, it's just that some people want their epeen exposed to as many people as possible.

Honestly I think there's no valid reason for anything to change, what we have now works fine. Relic should spend time and energy on things that actually matter like new content (maps, redesigned commanders, new units, etc), balance, bug fixes. That sort of thing. if they did implement anything it would need to show at the end of the game replacing the silly prestige thing that we have now.

Really it's just a matter of people wanting other people to visually see who is "superior" by having some "cool" reward for being ranked high. Cool I guess... But irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. If you're good let your play speak for itself and others will decide that you're good. You don't need some visual indicator to show off to others.

Just my two cents.

You only think that cause you never really experienced coh1 ladders/rankings. It has nothing to do with showing off your epeen. Current system is just meh. Coh1 ranks really added to motivation to keep playing and getting better rank. Much better than current im ranked 189 or whatever.
9 Jul 2015, 16:30 PM

You only think that cause you never really experienced coh1 ladders/rankings. It has nothing to do with showing off your epeen. Current system is just meh. Coh1 ranks really added to motivation to keep playing and getting better rank. Much better than current im ranked 189 or whatever.

I fail to see what's different, other than visually, between a number and a picture... Sc2 does both. I was never excited to see the master symbol next to my name after a game. I just wanted to get my number lower, aka move up the ladder.

If the rank based faceplates or symbols or whatever were super cool it might be interesting. Other than that it's just a visual change, nothing more.

Oh aoe3 did a similar thing too, just wasn't exciting to me.
9 Jul 2015, 16:46 PM

For me personally I like the rank number over the picture, however I think a better symbol system should be in place, while the current one can help you determine rankings roughly via the amount of prestige someone has(shows how many hours they've played to at least hint at some experience) other than that everything else is pretty meh and shallow to look at honestly. I'd rather we have a cool ranking system like CoH1 just for show, doesn't hurt imo, and I know many people enjoyed having a cool ww2 ranking symbol next to their name.
9 Jul 2015, 17:37 PM

So what does everyone think about Relic creating faceplates for players that reach a certain ELO/rank that can be used in all games modes? These faceplates could also be designed specifically for different factions as well.

For Instance the US leader-board should go something like this:

Above 2000 Copper Faceplate (Private)
Top 2000: Bronze Faceplate (Corporal)
Top 1000: Silver Faceplate (Sargent)
Top 500: Gold Faceplate (Lieutenant)
Top 100: Platinum Faceplate (Captain)
Top 50: Diamond Faceplate (Major)
Top 10: Masters Faceplate (Colonel)
Top 5: Grandmasters Faceplate (Major General)
3rd: Unique Faceplate (Lieutenant General)
2nd: Unique Faceplate (General)
1st: Unique Faceplate (General of the Army)

Below is the vcoh ranking system that could definitely be implemented once more.

Your dream came true........sort of. :foreveralone:
Now if only they could add it in-game....... :foreveralone:
http://www.companyofheroes.com/leaderboards#global/1v1/soviet/by-rank
9 Jul 2015, 17:48 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

So Hans! With this enthusiasm for leadership,can we now expect to see you sign up as a Mentor? :)
9 Jul 2015, 18:06 PM

What if you could put the cool rank as a decal on your vehicles :D I'd like that.
9 Jul 2015, 18:25 PM

I personally wouldn't mind this, but wasn't there a reason for the removal of ranks being shown in-game? When people with a lower rank saw that their opponent had a higher rank they'd immediately quit the game. I remember people being really angry about it, and that's why Relic removed it.
9 Jul 2015, 20:56 PM
Patrion 14

i really like the new ladder and i really want to get lvl 20 on some of my AT teams.

if showing level/elo is optional on faceplate, i don't see why not.
9 Jul 2015, 21:17 PM

What's the deal with all this competition and need for achievement? Can't we all just be equal and leave it at that. I personally think the current system is great, and it makes me feel good about myself. Otherwise, I might think less of myself if I saw that my rank was private after playing for years. I'm not comfortable with that. Thanks Relic!

Get with the times. We are past the achievement mindset, goal oriented, competitive world of capitalistic markets and ideology. Embrace the things that make as all equal and worthwhile in life.

There doesn't that feel better!!!

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS