Login

russian armor

Struggle against Riflemen

7 Jul 2015, 21:59 PM

Hi guys,
lately I seem to have more and more problems when playing against mass rifles, like 3-4 squads. Counting the Lieutenant in, I'm dealing with 5 squads.
Volks are totally ineffective, Sturms are only useful when it comes to close quarters. Riflemen are generally viable against everything OKW has in the earlygame.
Kübel is somewhat an option, but not a reliable counter, as it cannot pin more squads, gets shot to hell quickly (with a little bit of bad luck, two volleys of two squads drain health to the point its main gun gets destroyed.)
Infantrygeschütz is absolutely no option, I still consider it as a bad mortar for almost the doubled costs.

Suggestions? I'm really looking for help here.
7 Jul 2015, 22:16 PM
Donator 11

Flak HT is good.
7 Jul 2015, 22:26 PM

Im not an expert, but when USF players blob up like that get some MGs. Defensive doctrine or Luft. Also if they are that blobbed up early game don't fight them. Just move around them and capture the territory they are not currently sitting at.
8 Jul 2015, 03:22 AM

Kubelwagen is more than enough until the M20 comes. If you can bait the M20 into a Shu-mine you win the game.
8 Jul 2015, 10:47 AM
Patrion 14

Kubelwagon is a very good counter to usf early game. USF is tailor made to be an assaulting faction. Any moment you can force the USF to respond to you, you can retake the advantage. This means going for aggressive cutoffs and using the kubels + sturmpios combo to maximum effect. Flack ht is very good vs. LT tier, but useless vs. Captain, so be careful when making a choice.

As soon as possible, use callin infantry to bolster your ranks. G43 pfus and falls are very nice DPS infantry, and will let you fight usf on even terms. Mg42 also go a long way to help you hold the line.

Hope this helps.
8 Jul 2015, 12:19 PM

Use Panzerfussilier, believe me. That thing on vet5 and G43 is the best infantry squad in the entire game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 47
unknown 11

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment