Login

russian armor

Support Weapon Teams + Abilities

9 Jun 2013, 14:41 PM

Not really sure if this belongs in Gameplay or Balance so just picking one. :)

One thing that I never liked in CoH1 was the tiny support weapon teams. Mostly because it meant they were hugely susceptible to being insta gibbed, especially on the ones that have the suicidal last man. The most offending was the double sniper insta-decrew of ATGs which dominated the meta of CoH1 towards the end.

Having played about 50 hours or so now across both CoH2 factions, I am finding that I love the 6man soviet support squads. Besides not dying to a single lucky mortar shell, the extra 4 guys actually can do some damage to things in the area with their regular guns. Easier to reinforce, plus the "merge" from conscripts ability is great for that as well.

In general, I think this would be interesting to apply across the board. Maybe not entirely equal, soviets could have 6 and germans 5 maybe (leave MG42 at 3).

Lastly, one quick point is that I'd like to see more of the abilities like ATG semi-arty barrage on the germans. While playing soviets it generally feels like I have more abilities and quirks to use while as germans I feel like I just have stronger, more static (and boring) things. Good use of abilities makes for more interesting engagements.

Anyway, just my 2c since we're in a beta and all. Thoughts, flames, or just ignores.

9 Jun 2013, 15:20 PM
Senior Caster Badge

I prefer the smaller size - right now, if you flank a machine gun or sneak up on a mortar or something, if it's a Soviet team your Grenadier squad is just going to sit there shooting for 3 minutes and then when you get halfway done decrewing it, Conscripts will just merge with it. Flanking should mean something - in the original CoH if you got around the side of a machinegun that would basically force it off. And that still works vs the Ostheer, so at least that's still there.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United Kingdom 153
unknown 7

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment