Wish you all the best.
1 Jul 2015, 12:06 PM
Admin Red  Badge

Bye Cynthia, sad to see you go so soon. :guyokay:
1 Jul 2015, 13:13 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Post #82 was invised by a Moderator.

Posts #84 and #85, which repeat the content in post #82, are therefore also invised now.

Back to topic.
1 Jul 2015, 14:01 PM
Benefactor 3110

Hi Cynthia,

i heard you are leaving, that sadens me as now the only girls in the coh2 world are ami, barton and myself. On a serious note, you will be truely missed. I really think, that you made a difference.

Best of luck on all your future endeavours.

Best regards awa59

1 Jul 2015, 19:34 PM

I should just buy Relic and knock things into shape. Imagine if the owner played CoH2.......

Unfortunately, I have a whole team of financial guys who would likely stop me dead in my tracks, like that time I tried to buy a gulfstream. Pft. Im never allowed to be impulsive.
1 Jul 2015, 20:35 PM

Thank you Cynthia for all you have done for us! :)
2 Jul 2015, 05:04 AM
2 Jul 2015, 05:38 AM

Good luck Cynthia! Thanks for all your work as a CM.
2 Jul 2015, 09:49 AM

Good bye, good luck and thank you for your work. My favourite CM ever :thumb:
2 Jul 2015, 10:34 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Nothing good lasts forever. You'll be missed, Cynthia.
2 Jul 2015, 15:53 PM

Even though I do not know you personally here's my mandatory "I wish you the best of luck with your future endeavors".

The next bit might get deleted. Or the entire post. Lets hope this doesn't happen and there stays room for constructive discussion.

This next bit is less politically correct and more of a critique regarding the last year of relics community management. I do not know what the days over there must have been like for you. Maybe the mandatory office politics were in play. Maybe your job description was wrong or maybe you didn't just do your job sufficiently. It could be any of these reasons or another reason. We may never know because you might not (want) to reply to this next bit.

As respectfully as I can muster myself to write this down, In my opinion (and in the job description you had for the past year) it is stated as following that you "Develop and improve on current community architecture to drive engagement and interaction". It's literally the first thing it says on the job description. I can quote the other bits of the description aswell and critique you on this, but lets stick to this for now as it will be enough to make my point (as I hope, respectfully and valid). You have failed here.

In speaking of terms of the way that you have " driven" engagement and interaction, it seems like the bigger half of this engagement you drove was negative.
When someone complained, be it community influencers like Helpinghans, Barton, Jesulin or Luvnest with vocal frustrations over the sound bug, plane crashes, RNG, lack of marketing or the endless ravings of less known people on streams, forums and on reddit, it all seemed more often negative than positive. That's something you should have managed.

We get onto the next bit for that, called " interaction". Interaction is where there is reciprocal action or influence. And on this bit I find that you have failed to fully interact with the community. From a marketing and PR perspective, the theory of the ol' injection needle where one speaks and the majority listens this has changed drastically over time to a more balanced way called dialogue. But the way you have done your job looks a lot like this injection needle. You talked, we listened. There was no feedback, no dialogue and therefor in this current era where companies, institutions or governments no longer have the absolute power of communication you didn't go with the flow of current Marketing / communications mechanics. there is always a so called divide or " gap" between a company and it's customers or clients, or a brand and its fans. it was your job to make this gap smaller. There's a lot of ways to do this but the first way, 99% of the time is dialogue. Simple as that. Yes that takes a lot of time. Yes that is hard. Yes you can't just dialogue with everyone in this community but that doesn't mean you should not even try.

Like I stated earlier. Maybe you wanted to have more dialogue and didn't happen because of office politics, maybe the publisher didn't agree on it or maybe you just didn't care to put any effort in it. Who knows. The thing is, you failed in making this figurative gap smaller, and your way of "managing" the "community" (of which I am not a very vocal and a VERY SMALL part) and your style of one-way-communication may have made this worse. The gap between us, the community - and you, as the main representative for Relic is noticeably bigger than before. The amount of negative posts I see on this forum, on the official forums and even on reddit (not counting the you tubes here because that seems like a cesspit for bad comments) have only gotten bigger, more noticeable and harsher. Maybe the fault is ours and are the more vocal ones in our community exponentially more negative than last year and shout over the positive comments. But theres not theory supporting that to be honest.

therefor I want to conclude with this. I hope you are reading this with a healthy amount of self knowledge to at least muster a reply to this in and at least expressing your view on this matteror explaining the past year. Do not take this as an insult as it's not meant as one to you as a person, not even as an insult to you in your professional position as a community manager, but more as a vocal critique towards the way you have done your job the last year.

2 Jul 2015, 16:23 PM

who's cynthia?
2 Jul 2015, 18:16 PM
Patrion 14

Post #91 invissed cuz of blatant BS.
2 Sep 2015, 23:02 PM
Donator 11

Late to the bandwagon, but I wanted to say THANK YOU Cynthia...
Great job and good luck in your new job (looks like an exciting opportunity btw!).

PS: Totally disagree with the haters, and there will always be a few.
As for the ones that ask why did you leave, there are tons of reasons, not just negatives one.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 18

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight