Login

russian armor

where are my fuel wars ?

9 Jun 2013, 00:08 AM

Past midgame everyone is bathing in fuel, cutoffs and harassement are not effective anymore, war is solely on manpower. Wich is meh.

On a sidenote I got the feelings that german struggle a lot more than they should for ammo, and soviet don't at all (free ppsh etc).

Result is: as a game sets up, it get more and more predictable. Only the first few minutes offers the opportunity for rock and roll wtf moments.

I'm certainly not one of those "they will never make anything better than COH1", but please Relic, consider making a total copycat of its economical balance, because it is perfect.
9 Jun 2013, 00:18 AM

I agree. Once when I was playing Wehr. I mostly invested in infantry because I didn't have the MP for tanks. Ended up floating 600 fuel which I couldn't use...

enough to build 4 panthers I guess?
9 Jun 2013, 00:30 AM
Senior Caster Badge

The resource system in general is terrible. Strategic points giving fuel + munitions, OPs for extra fuel or munitions, constant manpower income, only a few fuel points to cap per map, fewer cutoffs, no division between low/medium/high resource points... big step backwards from CoH.
9 Jun 2013, 00:47 AM

The resource system in general is terrible. Strategic points giving fuel + munitions, OPs for extra fuel or munitions, constant manpower income, only a few fuel points to cap per map, fewer cutoffs, no division between low/medium/high resource points... big step backwards from CoH.

That's not too terrible. As with most things for now, all that needs to be fixed is a few numbers and the game may be better.

The capping system's been much simplified, but in a way which I don't mind too much. There are some cutoff points on some maps though eg Oka River.

Maybe if Relic tied popcap into this, it would make for better games.
9 Jun 2013, 16:23 PM

Agree with every point you mention except about OP points, wich are just giving more choice to the player, so ok imho.
At last I presume Relic is aware that floating 250 fuel midgame is just dumb.

Rest of it is just about clever map making, community can't disapoint so there is hope.

Hey, even l/m/h points wouldn't be that hard to implement...

Did Relic expressed their point of view on this subject ?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 62
unknown 20
Germany 16

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak