Login

russian armor

Creating a Faceplate - How?

27 Jun 2015, 14:36 PM

How can i create a faceplate and activate it? I made one ... but i cant use it :( It´s a .png file.]
27 Jun 2015, 14:40 PM
Honorary Member Badge

27 Jun 2015, 16:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jun 2015, 14:40 PMeliw00d
The Essence Engine Wiki has a tutorial for this:

http://modding.companyofheroes.com/faceplate-pack-wizard

OK. Thanks
27 Jun 2015, 17:44 PM
Donator 22

It would be lovely if we could get more detailed instructions on how to create faceplates...kinda like a Wiki for dummies version. :P

I am motivated, but sorta lost by the whole process.
27 Jun 2015, 17:53 PM
Honorary Member Badge

I can make a video tutorial at some point, when I have more time.
28 Jun 2015, 21:24 PM

Relic ****** let us again alone and give us not the needed informations that is completly egoistic.

The Wiki "instructions" and the editor itself are completly wrong and buged.
28 Jun 2015, 23:55 PM
Honorary Member Badge

How are they wrong and bugged? They look okay to me.
29 Jun 2015, 16:03 PM

Tool does not create correctly a file when not all things are set icon, preview etc ...

The Tool does not create example files and folders.

So fact is that the Wiki "How to" is completly wrong.

* Edit ah okay it create icon.png and faceplate.png when you set a location folder for the icon ..... thats also a bug.

What is not wroking:

- Atributes.xml does not get created
- Folder structure missing (have to add all manually)
- renaming of files does not work (have to rename them all manually like e74d4766702349c299fa21b6e296fe56_i1)
- Faceplate not shown inside the game (visible in Modding Hub but not under Faceplates)
- icon not edidable or addable after the assistant window is closed

Missing informations about filesize, best or maximum resolution or the pictures, 32 Bits or 24 ? and so on ......
29 Jun 2015, 16:16 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Tool does not create correctly a file when not all things are set icon, preview etc ...

Intended. They cannot be blank if you want it to be automatic set up. Leave blank for manual set up.

The Tool does not create example files and folders.

Not necessary, you can use the Archive Viewer to view examples.

So fact is that the Wiki "How to" is completly wrong.

You did not follow the directions (by leaving things blank).

* Edit ah okay it create icon.png and faceplate.png when you set a location folder for the icon ..... thats also a bug.

Not a bug, it is intended that you fill out everything in the wizard, otherwise it is a manual set up.

- Atributes.xml does not get created

It does if you use the wizard properly.

- Folder structure missing (have to add all manually)

Not if you use the wizard properly.

- renaming of files does not work (have to rename them all manually like e74d4766702349c299fa21b6e296fe56_i1)

I am not sure I understand what you mean here.

- Faceplate not shown inside the game (visible in Modding Hub but not under Faceplates)

It will be if you use the wizard properly.

- icon not edidable or addable after the assistant window is closed

Sure it is. From the Wiki:

2. If you wish to add a Steam Workshop preview image for your faceplate:
i. Right click on info and select Add Burn File…
ii. Browse to your preview image and select it. It should be a TGA image with a resolution of 280x280.
iii. Right click on your preview image and select Add Burn Settings then generic-image to data-rgt. This will compress the image decreasing the size of your mod.

Missing informations about filesize, best or maximum resolution or the pictures, 32 Bits or 24 ? and so on ......

That is probably the only thing missing, but you can go by the one created for you.
29 Jun 2015, 16:48 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

How can i create a faceplate and activate it? I made one ... but i cant use it :( It´s a .png file.]

The faceplate behind your overlays looks oddly familiar. You can't just take others' work and put your logos on top of it.
29 Jun 2015, 17:38 PM

1. When i follow the Wiki there is a info that i can add things later manually so why are you talking about leaving things blank when i follow the wiki ^^ ?

Take a look:

I have followed the Wiki instructions step by step. And why should´t be the other informations like maximum or best picture resolution necessary ? This tool should do things easy for us not more complicated.

This pictures show you the "automaticly" created things.

29 Jun 2015, 18:43 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Why are you leaving things blank and then complaining that the tutorial is no good, when the tutorial tells you to fill those fields in?

The only one that hints at being optional is the preview image, which they give information on how to add later. The rest of the wizard is not optional, unless you want to do things manually.

Resolution is not necessary to know if you use the wizard properly, because it creates one for you.

It does do things easy for you... if you fill in all the required fields in the wizard. If you do not, it is a manual set up.

Your screenshots just prove my point. You did not follow the instructions. Follow them as if none of the steps are optional, and it will work.
29 Jun 2015, 19:06 PM
Patrion 14

At least ask permission first to the creator of the faceplate before copying and adding your symbols over it... Kinda disrespectful.
29 Jun 2015, 19:09 PM
Honorary Member Badge

29 Jun 2015, 21:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2015, 19:09 PMeliw00d
@BestNoob

Thank you :D

I still miss some detailed informations. But now its easy to handle it.
I was confused yesterday :D and searched for example files don´t know that i have to set custom names and paphs that was the thing.
19 Jul 2015, 12:12 PM

Very nice video tutorial. Still i am too bad to make a own, good faceplate. Anybody interested in making one for me? :)
19 Jul 2015, 17:06 PM
Modmaker Badge

Yes me, but only if you play my mod with my people Spielfulerito :)
23 Aug 2015, 17:00 PM

the bit-depth seems to be 32 bit(data details show 32 bit), but i dont know if it has such an impact to the image with that dimensions if you wont use 32 bit.

edit: strange thing is when i open the example faceplate in graphiceditor it displays as 24 bits :/
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

South Africa 0

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight