Login

russian armor

Review new USF player

20 Jun 2015, 20:18 PM

Dear all,

Starting player, big fan of allies (didn't play Axis even once).

Would highly appreciate any feedback on my play below.

http://www.coh2.org/replay/35690/usf-1v1-on-eindhoven
20 Jun 2015, 20:26 PM

vs ostheer : 5 Riflemen-Captain-Stuart ----> Sherman or Jackson etc.

Take Priest doc for Brownings or Rifle company doc for Flamer ... but i prefer to get everytime brownings, it rape gren with LMG.

vs Okw : 3 rifle + 1 more RE --> Lieutnant, M20 ----> Para thompson ... don't call medic if you can enough fuel for launch a Sherman.

Vs Okw you can easily win everytime after 5-10 min :snfCHVGame: vs ostheer too Kappa

CALL at-gun from para doc if AA Ht from Okw, especially in a small map like Langreskaya or Angoville
20 Jun 2015, 23:27 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Will give you my notes as I watched it.
  • When you pick rifle company you gain access to Veteran Riflemen at 0 command points,these riflemen deploy already veteran squads with random expierience but are on a cooldown to balance this. However you can still have an army of mostly veteran riflemen if you start with a second rear echelon squad THEN a normal rifle squad.. By the time the cooldown finishes,you can then deploy veteran riflemen right after your normal rifle squads. This basically means you can have the 2 rear echelons capping and then 2 quick riflemen squads in rapid succession.
  • Dont forget to capture your cuttoff points,illustrated in Red.
  • Ambulance was way to early as your 3rd unit. Buy it after your Officer and weapon rack upgrade.

• Take notice of the windows on buildings. buildings can have a small,large,or 0 amount of windows to shoot out of which means that the unit inside the building's damage is affected depending on how many windows there are to shoot out of. This particular building doesnt have any windows on the side illustrated below,so if you put units in that yellow arc they are immune to fire from units in that building,including machine guns. Machine guns teams only need only one window to fire out of.

If thats hard to understand just tell me and ill try to explain it better.
  • Smoke grenade research timing was off; build 2 Rear echlons,3 riflemen,the lieuteant,and the M20,then buy the grenades.
  • You are floating 400 muntions at 12 minutes...buy some upgrades :)
  • You side tech to captain while having a massive advantage. While this is viable strategy with Rifle Company, you do not have to research the Captain to get to the major. Which may be a new player mistakes. A rule I follow is if you have +25 or more fuel income and have the enemy on the back foot then skip to major. If not then you can "play it safe" and side tech to a captain.
  • Dont let up off the gas! at 11 minutes You have 800 manpower in the bank,400 munitions,and most of the map. EXCEPT the enemy fuel point and cutoff. Hes also built fuel caches under your nose. Do NOT stop being aggressive unti lyou have the ENTIRE map under your control as Allies.
  • Not noticing those fuel caches for as long as you did allowed your opponent to squak out an ostwind. Be more aggressive.
  • Your decision to go Captain is bottle necking you a bit as well. Just skip to major and pump out armor. You couldve had 3 shermans against that one ostwind.
  • The captain cannot and should not engage the ostwind while standing in the open normal circumstances. You got lucky that time. Put him in a building or have him ambush from cover.
  • Buying the stuart was unneccessary. Just go to the major and get the bigger tanks.
  • Well played none the less,you did well for being new,nice win. Just follow these tips and you'll be on your way.

Any other questions and concerns just ask.
21 Jun 2015, 00:28 AM

Dear FeelMemoryAcceptance, thank you for your tips for the build orders.

Dear Cookiezncreem,

Thanks a lot for the detailed feedback on my game.
Let me reply to that below:

• RE was a meatshield for me before, but I see their use more and more. Might try your tips for the build order with one more RE in the future. Although 2 Rifle, 2 Veteran rifle is my normal build now.
  • Missing the cut-off was a horribly dumb mistake. Saw it once I opened the mini-map..
  • Will plan my Ambu later in the build in the future
  • The building/window explanation is very clear. Although the only way to know this is to swing the camera around and look at it, right? This is something experience might bring (hopefully) and I must say: this was the first time playing on the Eindhoven map. Will keep it in mind for the next game.
  • Grenades were mainly purchased this early because I saw MG's, Liuetanant was still in progress, so by the time I could make an M20, I would have sufficient fuel again.
  • Floating resources is one of the thing I still need to learn to manage better. Bad habbit.. Was even worse because of my techdecision..
  • I mainly went Captain because I would've gone for Easy8's as soon as we came to 9CP. Never got there tho... Should've adapted my strategy to the game instead of holding on to the plan on forehand.
  • Aggression and floating resources are two of the main aspects of the game I need to improve to get better.
  • The Captain against the Ostwind was a bad choice. However, decrewing the M20 and let them shoot at the Ostwind with their bazookas was one of my better calls this game, at least IMO :)

Your feedback was highly appreciated, hope the above clarifies some things.
Will keep working on my game and might upload a replay here again every once in a while.

GL HF
21 Jun 2015, 16:09 PM

6 or 5 Rifle-Captain-IRPathfinder-Greyhound-Ambulance is best USF BO vs OKW imo.

OP, that was for the most part a good game. As a new USF player I would recommend you experiment with the different commanders to see the one you like.
22 Jun 2015, 17:48 PM

Currently I go for 'only' 4 Riflemen/Veteran Riflemen into lieutenant, M20 -> Captain to whatever I think I need.
Will probably try to make a better choice for Captain OR Major, based on how the game is growing for me.

Also will try several commanders to find the most preffered one for me.
Now, I just tend to focus on only one commander and build order, so I can focus more on improving my micro.
Will try to combine both for better results!
22 Jun 2015, 23:08 PM

Good luck, and happy Kraut Killing!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight