Login

russian armor

strat question

18 Jun 2015, 00:54 AM

The disclaimer: this was a 3v3 on Agermuende.

Yes, a team game with randoms, and yes, I know that draws bad players. Still, I argued with a team-mate about which was more viable: he stated that camping was valid as USF, since if he left his position the flank would've fallen. Hint: the flank had already fallen. I suggested that whoever makes the most progress against the enemy, in terms of territory, resources, etc..should get support from the others if possible, as it is easier to support someone who's got momentum , than bang your head against the MG, bunker, panzerschwere, etc...wall. I don't have a replay, but am I wrong in thinking that supporting a team-mate who's on a roll is the right way to go ?
18 Jun 2015, 01:10 AM

Yes, a team game with randoms, and yes, I know that draws bad players. Still, I argued with a team-mate about which was more viable: he stated that camping was valid as USF, since if he left his position the flank would've fallen. Hint: the flank had already fallen. I suggested that whoever makes the most progress against the enemy, in terms of territory, resources, etc..should get support from the others if possible, as it is easier to support someone who's got momentum , than bang your head against the MG, bunker, panzerschwere, etc...wall. I don't have a replay, but am I wrong in thinking that supporting a team-mate who's on a roll is the right way to go ?

Depends on what flank he's defending as well as the type of armies your allies and enemies had(defensive or aggressive). If theres a Schwere HQ and bunker in front of him they are likely being defensive there so supporting a breakthrough would have been better.
18 Jun 2015, 02:07 AM

Replay plz mon 'amie. It bears saying again.

Some maps can resemble dota lanes, in which case barreling down on a weak opponent (so long as you can at least maintain some semblance of structure) can be beneficial. personally i think the most well executed team games on maps that actually offer flanking areas are ones in which a breakthrough is established, followed by a pacey encirclement. if you can manage to catch 1 or more opponents armies in a pocket at the very least forcing a rout you'll be ahead in an even game.
18 Jun 2015, 03:34 AM
Patrion 14

with angermuende, its company of houses on the right side.
18 Jun 2015, 07:44 AM
Patrion 28

if he's defending at least your natural points he's defending something. if he doesn't have all of them he's wasting time. if there's a fight going on and he's camping in his corner he's wasting time.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 60
Korea, Republic Of 10

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment