Login

russian armor

Squad weapon inventory display

8 Jun 2015, 06:39 AM

Hey guys!

I was playing around with an idea for a way to display what weapons are equipped on each squad.
This would help organize and more effectively manage different squads for different needs especially after picking up some weapons or dropping some during combat. Naturally this would display on all squads for every team with every different weapon type.
Of course the final UI display or animation could look like anything, but this should give you the general idea.
What do you think?

8 Jun 2015, 06:46 AM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Very cool idea I like this!
8 Jun 2015, 06:58 AM

Very cool idea I like this!

Thank you Fich! :)
8 Jun 2015, 07:14 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

This deserves more than the Scrap Yard

Moving to Modding
8 Jun 2015, 09:30 AM

This deserves more than the Scrap Yard

Moving to Modding

Haha thanks. Im new to the forums so I think this was my safest bet to start.
Could you recommend a better thread for game suggestions?
8 Jun 2015, 10:21 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

COH2 Gameplay?
8 Jun 2015, 11:10 AM
Donator 11

This sounds great! On the other hand the smaller icons the better and I like "hiding" weapons in a squad not to let enemy see I have them, f.e giving second BAR to liut. So maybe it would be better if weapons were shown only near unit name, not in game. But I'm not sure about this.
8 Jun 2015, 11:30 AM

This sounds great! On the other hand the smaller icons the better and I like "hiding" weapons in a squad not to let enemy see I have them, f.e giving second BAR to liut. So maybe it would be better if weapons were shown only near unit name, not in game. But I'm not sure about this.

Ah yeah good call. My personal idea for it is so the player can better manage their own squad members, so maybe the inventory would only display at the top right with your unit list and at the bottom somewhere when you select the squad, but not on the playing field.
8 Jun 2015, 11:33 AM
Patrion 14

Nice idea! I'd love to see this in the game!
8 Jun 2015, 11:46 AM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Ah yeah good call. My personal idea for it is so the player can better manage their own squad members, so maybe the inventory would only display at the top right with your unit list and at the bottom somewhere when you select the squad, but not on the playing field.

Best thing would be to make the Inventory in the Unit field (that one with the description portrait etc in the middle) only visible for the player himself and for the opponent just keep it like it is so he only sees the weapon in the primary slot below the unit shield.
8 Jun 2015, 12:29 PM

Best thing would be to make the Inventory in the Unit field (that one with the description portrait etc in the middle) only visible for the player himself and for the opponent just keep it like it is so he only sees the weapon in the primary slot below the unit shield.

yep I could completely agree with that. :)
8 Jun 2015, 13:26 PM

Such a good idea, could be one of mine :drool:
8 Jun 2015, 13:58 PM
Donator 11

If we are at inventory menagement, what about giving a squad option to drop a gun? For example to free weapon slot used by bazooka to pic up pzshreck. This can be done by doubleclicking on the weapon in the unit field. Finally it would be not just a never used part of the screen. Sadly this involves much more coding so I would be also very happy with show-only inventory.
8 Jun 2015, 23:13 PM

Show-only inventory definitely seems like the easier thing to implement, but an actual inventory management would be unreal!
The amount of strategic flexibility that would allow could introduce some seriously interesting gameplay.
To avoid exploitation, I think the dropped gun would have to be destroyed but countless times I hover over a weapon I would want, but can't grab it as my squads are already full.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 55
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment