Login

russian armor

Sick of Russians

7 Jun 2013, 16:08 PM

I haven't played the open beta yet, but based on my experience in the recent server test I would say:

*The panther needs to be slowed way the hell down. it matches the t34 speed thus nullifying any advantage the t34 should have. I saved a replay where a panther gets messed up( near dead, can barely see any health but no engine crit ), turns to show his ass and starts running back to base. I had two healthy T34/85 tanks that not only couldnt close the gap to finish this wounded tank, but were actually taking shots from it that they didn't have the ability to return(because it was just outside of t34 firing range). in the end he got away and I almost lost both tanks before turning back.

*Either reduce panther range OR reduce turret rotation speed. you cant get ahead of the barrel even at 0 range. makes circling with a t34 a fruitless endeavor.

*Stugs fire a bit too fast but thats a minor complaint.

*The su85 couldn't penetrate wet paper and it had no real range advantage over the stug, panzer and panther. I thought the point of the su85 was that it would be a heavy hitter that cant take much damage but could engage at longer ranges, hence the focus sight forward ablity. at the time i played in the server test su85 tanks were not worth purchasing.(this is my biggest bitch!!!! the su76 and 85 were my bread and butter! )

IMO the T34 ram ability should be an option even at vet 0, but ONLY BECOME AVAILABLE if the t34 receives a main gun destroyed crit. When I first heard about the ram ability in the hype last year I always assumed this is how it would be. After all, why on earth would a crew ram another tank with their own perfectly healthy tank ( unless maybe they ran out of ammo, which is a non-issue in coh2).

All of these points might be non-issues now if they balanced the game a bit since the test, either buffing su85 or debuffing the panthers. Personally I always went to t4 because the su76 and su85 better matched my play style and I thought ram was dumb. In the server test I was FORCED to go t3 and use ram or else suffer crushing defeat under the treads of a single panther tank.

i totally agree with you about SU85
8 Jun 2013, 01:09 AM

i totally agree with the panthers part, but they are not anti all, a combo of anti tank guns and button can push them off the field. however, there is nothing in the soviet army that can effectively destroy it.

soviet anti heavy armor needs some penetration buffs, combined with minor nerfs to panther range, they should have 45 range, same as most medium tanks.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 59
United States 8

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment