Login

russian armor

Matchmaking

Seb
5 Jun 2013, 22:32 PM
Admin Black Badge

How does it work?

Is there still a hidden rating somewhere allowing us to play against equally skilled opponent, or is it totally random? Or just based on level and other stuff we got?
5 Jun 2013, 22:41 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Yes there is an hidden rating afaik :) Thing is that I think the range it covers is pretty big and right now includes all the players. In 50-100 games it should be a lot different. In the closed beta I saw this difference after 20-30 games, getting better opponents.
5 Jun 2013, 22:56 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

In any good elo system, a player will have a trial period where many wacky match-ups can happen. After that provisional period is over, you should settle down and the matchmaking system will pair you with closer skilled opponents.

We believe COH2 has an elo based system with a hidden ranking but I don't think we've been given any details.
Seb
5 Jun 2013, 22:56 PM
Admin Black Badge

I phrased it wrong, I know how it works, I'm just asking if there is actually one (confirmed) or just speculations. :p
5 Jun 2013, 22:58 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Yeah you can go find it in the game files, it's in one of the logs somewhere. Can't remember where though.
5 Jun 2013, 22:59 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

I hear it's no longer easy to find.
Seb
5 Jun 2013, 23:03 PM
Admin Black Badge

So the lack of ranking (do not discuss here) is not because they didn't make a proper system, but just because they didn't make the appropriate interface to show that rating?

If I want to randomly quit games when it's the bridge map, I'm actually losing something then?
5 Jun 2013, 23:05 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

It's no longer there, and when it was it worked like the MMR/elo of LOL, it increased when you won and decreased when you lost, but I am not sure what exactly affected it to go up and down.
5 Jun 2013, 23:13 PM
Senior Caster Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jun 2013, 23:03 PMSeb
If I want to randomly quit games when it's the bridge map, I'm actually losing something then?

You're not losing anything that matters more than getting away from that map :P

Even if they hid the ELO it's probably still there, right? I doubt they wrote an entirely new ranking system from scratch. Losing games made it go down, and quitting counts as losing, so it might hurt your ranking in terms of who you get matched up against. Maybe if we all agree to take turns quitting when we get Pripyat in the map queue, it will work out.
5 Jun 2013, 23:17 PM

one of the most important issue of the game currently...20 days away from release. Having to rely on shitty medals to get an idea of Stats is horrible....

allez, on y croit Seb, on se voit IG^^

Ponti
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 28
Peru 11
United Kingdom 44
unknown 7
United States 2
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #