Login

russian armor

Armour on mines

18 May 2015, 17:26 PM

I have a small proposal to make here, regarding mines. Say someone planted a mine in a cruical spot but you cant sweep it cause its defended by tanks or infantry. Shooting at it with infantry, wont to the trick. I like the change to demos. You can shoot them now, once you spotted them. Problem with mines it that if you dont have a tank to shoot at the ground and you cant sweep the mine, you are practically helpless against it cause all your enemy has to do is force your sweeper squad off to block the area off. On most maps this isnt really a problem since alot of maps are fairly open. On more enclosed ones, especially those with bridges or town maps with alot of tight streets, this poses more of an issue though.

Say theres a teller mine there and you only have an AA halftrack. Youd need to throw grenades to detonate it for your halftrack to savely cross the street. Same goes for soviet mines but in this case, even infantry is denied access to a certain area. German mine fields pose the same problem. Sure, you could get a mortar and attack ground for a while, but generally it currently takes too much effort to get rid of mines if you cant sweep them.

If you could just keep your sweeper squad close enough to spot a mine and then detonate it by shooting at it with small arms, that would certainly do the trick. Just lower the armour value of mines to 3 or something. I think it is currently 40 or something, if I am not mistaken. I had so many situations occur where I shot 2 rifle nades onto the same mine and it didnt detonate, despite me knowing where it is and hitting it spot on. Its just frustrating when the only way to get rid of them is by using alot more effort to explode them than it took to plant them.

This is not to say make mines useless. They will keep their use and youd still need to get sweepers and spot them first. But by lowering their armour values, youd get rid of them easier. This goes for all factions equally.

Thoughts?
18 May 2015, 17:57 PM

Well look at it from the other players perspective: He just spent a buttload of ammo and time to mine a flank, and has even gone so far as to cover his minefield with a machine gun. Then Rasputin comes along and clears out all his mines in less time than it took to place them, using less ammo than it costed to place them, and doing all this from a safe distance where the machine gun can't hurt him. Doesn't seem fair if you ask me.

If the player has taken the time to fortify a position like that, it should take some more effort to break through rather than: Get a sweeper -> blow up all mines for free. Why not make a mortar, throw some smoke on the MG and clear out the mines while he can't see you?
18 May 2015, 19:47 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Moved to COH2 Gameplay
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak