Login

russian armor

Looking for good COH2 caster contents

17 May 2015, 22:03 PM

Hello, I love to watch coh2 casts on youtube, but can hardly find good channels with constantly new content of replay reviews. Imperial Dane with his "Propagandacasts" is very good. Enterntaining, informative, well contructed. Can you give me some hints?
17 May 2015, 22:09 PM

Romeo, Lightrope, and some more
17 May 2015, 22:11 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Hello, I love to watch coh2 casts on youtube, but can hardly find good channels with constantly new content of replay reviews. Imperial Dane with his "Propagandacasts" is very good. Enterntaining, informative, well contructed. Can you give me some hints?

Most dont do flat out replays reviews/casts as well or as often as Dane. Hes the only one i've heard of that has "Newbie Mondays,Or Monday Novice Fights." for learning stuff over the cast for free

he has to pick your cast though.

Now if you send him one Im pretty sure he'll review it over a cast for a cost,its called Propagandareview. not sure about how he actually does it though. you'd have to ask him.

But if you're looking for a different caster than him im sorry you're not gonna find one that teaches more often or better than Dane,for free

On Romeo's stream is the closest thing to what you're talking about,sometimes people send in replays asking for help and he gives off hints or tips.

Hope that helps
17 May 2015, 22:32 PM
Patrion 14

go old school and re watch Rogers 'n pounder. My personal favorites!
17 May 2015, 22:44 PM

Yeah i thought is quite difficult to find somone like dane. He have daly contents and that with consistently good quality. Thx you, I will check out romeo and rnp
17 May 2015, 22:49 PM
Patrion 27

I heard that Romeo guy is a nub romeoMug
18 May 2015, 07:00 AM
Patrion 15

Just thought I'd stop by to drop off some shameless self promotion. My buddy Icemanjoker and I have done a number of videos that are structured around strategic commentary and good, competitive games. We don't review games from a one sided point of view, but rather try to give strategic analysis that takes into account the decisions of both players and weighs them against one another.

We haven't released any new content for a while because of real life commitments and scheduling issues, but we are both above average players with a lot of hours logged in the game. Obviously neither of us are tournament winners or anything, but beggars can't be choosers, you know?

https://www.youtube.com/user/RNGTeamOfficial

Also: Computerheat has some casts featuring some really highly skilled co-casters that offer some excellent insight into the game:

VindicareX v. Jesulin, w/ VindicareX

2v2 w/ co-caster Lemon

Aimstrong v Siberian w/ Aimstrong as co-caster -This video is about 7 months old, the game has changed some but the general insights are still useful.

And if you want an oldie but goodie that applies to microing in RTS' in general, I highly recommend this video from Inverse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP-Sm9QkdHo

Also, here is another good video from Day9 about RTS micro in general. This video focuses on starcraft, but the concepts here are still fundamentally relevant to just about any RTS you can play:

https://youtu.be/RUohpQKVf_A?t=981 - I linked the video here to a portion of the video that is most relevant to coh2. Screen movement, mouse control, and hotkeys are all skills that apply to every RTS.
18 May 2015, 09:08 AM
18 May 2015, 23:36 PM
Patrion 27

And if you want an oldie but goodie that applies to microing in RTS' in general, I highly recommend this video from Inverse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP-Sm9QkdHo

Also, here is another good video from Day9 about RTS micro in general. This video focuses on starcraft, but the concepts here are still fundamentally relevant to just about any RTS you can play:

https://youtu.be/RUohpQKVf_A?t=981 - I linked the video here to a portion of the video that is most relevant to coh2. Screen movement, mouse control, and hotkeys are all skills that apply to every RTS.

these two videos are the most help by far. the Day9 one is ok, but the Inverse video helped me tremendously. I watched it last night before going to bed and I am amazed at how well my play has improved when I put those tips into practice. it helped me cut down on idle squads/lack of map awareness tremendously.

thank you for linking that :D
19 May 2015, 04:58 AM
Patrion 15

jump backJump back to quoted post18 May 2015, 23:36 PMLumpy

these two videos are the most help by far. the Day9 one is ok, but the Inverse video helped me tremendously. I watched it last night before going to bed and I am amazed at how well my play has improved when I put those tips into practice. it helped me cut down on idle squads/lack of map awareness tremendously.

thank you for linking that :D

Glad they helped :)
19 May 2015, 05:47 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

I will also logroll for RNG Arena, GeneralsGentlemen, and Romeo :D I haven't seen every caster out there, so that is not a comprehensive list.
There is not much recent content on my channel, as KilrathiSoldier and I are both on a bit of a COH2 sabbatical. I hear very interesting things about the future, however...

I'll just pick this as a place to say this: one of the great things about the COH2 community is how easy it has been to reach out to the top players. No one I've ever asked to join for a shoutcast has ever flat-out declined. It is a real treat that the best players at this game are so eager to share their insights and experience.
19 May 2015, 05:49 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

oops double post
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 98
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W