Login

russian armor

Please review my replay, thank you!!

17 May 2015, 15:10 PM

Im Nazi Zombies in game. The struggle of OStheer against USF. Someone tell me what i should do early game.
17 May 2015, 15:39 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Well you named the replay bullshit USF,interesting

Early Game

You wipe a rifle squad right off the bat.
Then lose a pio squad,right off the bat to a nade.
You really have to watch late grenade throws from riflemen,really you have to watch this from any unit that has grenades in this game. Not a bullshit USF thing. engagements not over till the exclamation point is above someones units and theyre running away. Dont just assume a 2 man squad is just gonna retreat when he has grenades researched. They will always throw a sucker grenade. Assume that at all times.

You handled the smoke nades well.

You shouldve counter attacked after pushing off the intiial assault with a 251 halftrack.
when you sent that grenadier squad north against the Lieutenant,you had them standing in red cover while capping,so when LT came,he just won the engagement instantly. You cant stand in red cover when capturing points. Its a little thing but you must get in the habit of not doing that if youre gonna go take hostile territory.

A Halftrack is so good for engagements like that. even if you're caught standing in red cover. just take cover and reinforce until he retreats.

A 222 couldve been good against this guy too,since he didnt build any light vehicle.
I would also always go 222 against USF LT tier instead of PAK first. a Pak is overkill against m20 and further exaggerates the tech/numbers difference. A pak will still arrive at the same or similar time as AAHT if you go 222 first.

Mid Game

This guy built 2 50 cals and a fighting position and you bought a mortar,and you only got 4 kils with it 15 minutes in.
You let one 50 cal and a fighting position lock down the entire middle this entire time,and then you basically sat triple capped the entire mid game. Use your mortar and pak to kill that pathetic defense. USF cannot and should not defend. Plenty of offense but no defense.
If you've ever played against OKW its the same thing as killing HQ trucks,except way easier. use a pio or something to spot then an MG just in case a blob comes to stop you. then use Pak and mortar.

You basically self-denied yourself the middle for most of the game which led to your VP situation at the end. which cost you the game...

When you sent your pak down south to take on the shermas...thats never a good place for a pak 40,way over extended.

Despite all of this....

You're wiping squads left and right...you actually come to a point where youve basically wiped everything on legs...despite everything...you only have 20 vp left...the cumback is real...seemingly

Late game...ohhh late game..

All he has is 2 shermans and a jackson. and 2 rifle squads.. you have twice the force. just lock it down. He's screwed if you get 2 or even 3 paks on top of your force.

why did you charge your veteran panzer 4 of all things into that? Misclick? That was a crucial mistake.

You shouldve just locked down the south part of the map with infantry and mines.. then had all your paks and shreks and tanks middle.
he had nothing but tanks left. Did you know that or did you still assume he had alot of riflemen left?

your biggest thing was not getting a second or even third pak after wiping so much infantry..

This hurt to watch..you shouldve won.
17 May 2015, 16:20 PM

Well you named the replay bullshit USF,interesting

Early Game

You wipe a rifle squad right off the bat.
Then lose a pio squad,right off the bat to a nade.
You really have to watch late grenade throws from riflemen,really you have to watch this from any unit that has grenades in this game. Not a bullshit USF thing. engagements not over till the exclamation point is above someones units and theyre running away. Dont just assume a 2 man squad is just gonna retreat when he has grenades researched. They will always throw a sucker grenade. Assume that at all times.

You handled the smoke nades well.

You shouldve counter attacked after pushing off the intiial assault with a 251 halftrack.
when you sent that grenadier squad north against the Lieutenant,you had them standing in red cover while capping,so when LT came,he just won the engagement instantly. You cant stand in red cover when capturing points. Its a little thing but you must get in the habit of not doing that if youre gonna go take hostile territory.

A Halftrack is so good for engagements like that. even if you're caught standing in red cover. just take cover and reinforce until he retreats.

A 222 couldve been good against this guy too,since he didnt build any light vehicle.
I would also always go 222 against USF LT tier instead of PAK first. a Pak is overkill against m20 and further exaggerates the tech/numbers difference. A pak will still arrive at the same or similar time as AAHT if you go 222 first.

Mid Game

This guy built 2 50 cals and a fighting position and you bought a mortar,and you only got 4 kils with it 15 minutes in.
You let one 50 cal and a mortar lock down the entire middle this entire time,and then you basically sat triple capped the entire mid game. Use your mortar and pak to kill that pathetic defense. USF cannot and should not defend. Plenty of offense but no defense.
If you've ever played against OKW its the same thing as killing HQ trucks,except way easier. use a pio or something to spot then an MG just in case a blob comes to stop you. then use Pak and mortar.

You basically self-denied yourself the middle for most of the game which led to your VP situation at the end. which cost you the game...

When you sent your pak down south to take on the shermas...thats never a good place for a pak 40,way over extended.

Despite all of this....

You're wiping squads left and right...you actually come to a point where youve basically wiped everything on legs...despite everything...you only have 20 vp left...the cumback is real...seemingly

Late game...ohhh late game..

All he has is 2 shermans and a jackson. and 2 rifle squads.. you have twice the force. just lock it down. He's screwed if you get 2 or even 3 paks on top of your force.

why did you charge your veteran panzer 4 of all things into that? Misclick? That was a crucial mistake.

You shouldve just locked down the south part of the map with infantry and mines.. then had all your paks and shreks and tanks middle.
he had nothing but tanks left. Did you know that or did you still assume he had alot of riflemen left?

your biggest thing was not getting a second or even third pak after wiping so much infantry..

This hurt to watch..you shouldve won.

Thank you. Really. Thank you for posting such detailed analysis. You know, I was worrying my reply is a bad replay, and so it is. I thank you your patience for watching it.
I now know my mistakes. I should have gained initiative mid game. Looking back, I was dumb not to get a 222, don't know why it didn't occur to me to purchase it...
That Panzer IV, it was half a misclick, half of my own fault. I think I am too used to Panthers since I played OKW before this match.
The reason I could wipe some many squads is that my opponent is a noob, and I performed like shit, damn.
Once again, thank you.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 39
unknown 26
Mexico 16
Germany 893

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L