Login

russian armor

Replay Review?

11 May 2015, 03:06 AM

Hello COH2.org!

I've got a replay I'd like reviewed, if you guys would be so kind.

The game was Myself Vs Sakul, and I'm not sure what other info I should include here, as I've never done this before.

Any tips you can give me in regards to COH2 itself or posting replays in general would be much appreciated.
11 May 2015, 13:46 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Introduction

To start I would always veto Langreskaya as USF. The map is too open and the flank routes are obvious,so you're forced to basically attack head on with no heavy tank or beefy infantry.
Early Game

You didnt capture your cuttoff intially which denied you a lot of resources.
You sent your lieutanant to harass,ruining his shock value.

Your opponent went with a VERY heavy Tier 1 start,which means a well played AA haltrack would have punished him badly...likely ending the game for him. Instead you go M20,and you only have 4 rifles(including your LT) vs 4 grens,2 Mgs,a flamethrower,and a mortar,which no matter how good you are,you will never win that fight on a map like langreskaya.

Mid Game

The effects of the extended tier 1 are wearing. you're being pushed back because you dont have the right units.
Lack of AA HT is snowballing into the mid game,but you do wipe a few squads and start to gain momentum and cause frustration when your M4 Dozer arrived.

Nice use of attack ground on bulldozer sherman over hedge as well.

Late Game

Around the time you get your second Bulldozer sherman,you stagnate. Your opponent was looking extremely weak and frail with just grenadiers and one anti tank gun. You couldve wiped him out,but thats easy to see in hindsight and no fog of war.
A little bit later when you do get your second dozer,Ill admit,you had me holding my breath. I was waiting on you to do something wierd and throw the game away,but nice use of the 240mm artillery,and nice assault with all the armor.

Just a few tips.

If you want to attack a position like that,you have to fully commit. If you call the artillery,make sure you can follow up with infantry and tanks immediately,if not simultaneously.
Use an absoulute fuck-ton of smoke from all your units. and use every unit you have. Also yell out phrases such as "fuck it im going in!" or "Banzaiiiiiiiiiii". It will help with your micro during these big assaults. :)

To sum up

You did pretty well outside of what I discussed.
Make sure you aren't outnumbered,and build the right counter-units.

Dont let an Angry salty player get to you. Dont even respond to crap like that in chat. You actually played well,and if anything he played like an idiot noob floating so much fuel and only buying command tanks.

11 May 2015, 22:38 PM

Stuff

Thanks for the advice man, I really appreciate it.

I'll definitely try to be more observant about what units to bring in to counter the enemy's army composition.

I realized that I hadn't capped the cutoff after a bit and was kicking myself mentally, as I honestly thought they were already connected.

I'll veto langreskaya next game, thank for the warning.

One last question though... what do you mean by shock value for the lieutenant? Should I be using him in an engagement first, or do you just mean to keep him hidden to hide what my Tier choice has been?
11 May 2015, 23:21 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Thanks for the advice man, I really appreciate it.

I'll definitely try to be more observant about what units to bring in to counter the enemy's army composition.

I realized that I hadn't capped the cutoff after a bit and was kicking myself mentally, as I honestly thought they were already connected.

I'll veto langreskaya next game, thank for the warning.

One last question though... what do you mean by shock value for the lieutenant? Should I be using him in an engagement first, or do you just mean to keep him hidden to hide what my Tier choice has been?

Lietenant is a terrible sight for Ostheer,as he can 1v1 any unit they have at that moment in time because he's armed so well.
Once LMGs hit the field though, his "shock" value goes away.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 45
Russian Federation 26
United States 2
unknown 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %