Login

russian armor

Why do so many developers make the SAME mistake?

8 Jun 2013, 00:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jun 2013, 23:57 PMhubewa
Hahaha, and in other places, I see ppl saying that this is COH 1.5. Therefore, they're not buying.

I'd buy CoH 1.5 in a heartbeat. It would have some extra replay and spectator features, a more helpful ladder, some anti-cheat, etc. CoH2 is releasing as a downgrade from CoH1 by lacking BASIC features for a 2013 RTS. That is not my subjective opinion. That is fact.
8 Jun 2013, 02:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jun 2013, 23:57 PMhubewa
Hahaha, and in other places, I see ppl saying that this is COH 1.5. Therefore, they're not buying.

Yes, please share where you are finding this sentiment, because I have not heard this at all, anywhere, and I'm on COH rddt, Sega forums, GR, and here...

...I'm not calling you a liar, I'm just...calling you a liar. If someone says it's too much like COH, therefor they won't buy it, either they don't like RTS games to begin with, or they've gone full retard.
8 Jun 2013, 05:34 AM

I fell the same way. CoH2 is so meh.

I'll try Wargame Airland Battle next.
8 Jun 2013, 08:50 AM

This thread is basically the "i am human, i hate change"-thread.
You will see it in every sequal to a game that changes things.
For some reason people hate changes.
8 Jun 2013, 11:28 AM

People hate stupid changes.
8 Jun 2013, 13:01 PM

Yes, please share where you are finding this sentiment, because I have not heard this at all, anywhere, and I'm on COH rddt, Sega forums, GR, and here...

...I'm not calling you a liar, I'm just...calling you a liar. If someone says it's too much like COH, therefor they won't buy it, either they don't like RTS games to begin with, or they've gone full retard.

I have read it on Youtube comments and occasionally on the Sega Closed beta forums.

I, personally, would like to grab COH 1.5, but I don't mind changes being made. Changes makes the game interesting. All it means is that you have to adapt to them. The capping mechanic change seems quite nice. The only change I'm negative against is the Resources bar, but that's never going to get changed.

Believe me, I did go through that initial phase where I thought... this is too far away from COH1 for me to like... but after a while, you do end up warming to the game and realise - you know, all that needs to be changed is a few numbers and it's great! And eventually, I realised I got my old game back anyway.
8 Jun 2013, 14:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jun 2013, 13:01 PMhubewa

I have read it on Youtube comments and occasionally on the Sega Closed beta forums.

I, personally, would like to grab COH 1.5, but I don't mind changes being made. Changes makes the game interesting. All it means is that you have to adapt to them. The capping mechanic change seems quite nice. The only change I'm negative against is the Resources bar, but that's never going to get changed.

Believe me, I did go through that initial phase where I thought... this is too far away from COH1 for me to like... but after a while, you do end up warming to the game and realise - you know, all that needs to be changed is a few numbers and it's great! And eventually, I realised I got my old game back anyway.

what is coh 1.5?
8 Jun 2013, 14:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jun 2013, 11:28 AMZenith
People hate stupid changes.

Stupid changes are subjective.
people seem to hate changes in general.
I don't get how anyone can say that the new UI is worse than the CoH1 UI.
it might not be perfect, but it is a huge improvement. (just take an objective look at the comparison thread on these forums)

People that wanted COH2 just to be a graphics update, would probably say "gosh, CoH2 is just a graphics update, damn Relic, be innovative once!" if it would only be a graphics update.
A sequel should change some stuff or else it is not worth making a sequel in the first place. (in the aspect of fun, financially it might work, just watch CoD... people buying the same game every year for 60$, with no real changes... for what? Nobody knows, most are disappointed after playing for a few days).

edit:
Also, i could bet on that if the gameplay in CoH1 would have been the same as in CoH2 and CoH2 would now change it to the gameplay from CoH1, the same people would complain
8 Jun 2013, 22:54 PM

Hate the new resource system with a passion. It's for gimps.

Everything else I could force myself to live with.

Except for...

THE FRICKIN' LAG.

Unplayable because of their poor ass optimization, trash servers, or whatever the hell else they did to it. Lag is so bad I can't finish a game. Never played a 1v1 game as bad as this. Waste of money.

Is Relic no longer of sound mind?

8 Jun 2013, 23:02 PM

I don't get how anyone can say that the new UI is worse than the CoH1 UI.

The main problem is the resource bar which is far harder to read now. And in a strategy game, that is a big thing.

Don't get me wrong, most of their UI is quite acceptable. But the resource bar = :(
9 Jun 2013, 01:37 AM

This game need:

1.) Leaderboard (better: SC2/LoL Style - silver,diamant e.c.t)
2.) visible Elo/Win/lose Statistic
3.) More factions (!!!)
10 Jun 2013, 23:58 PM

i loved vcoh, but to say it was perfect is wrong imo. i hated the economy and population cap system! i also hated the way you captured points. coh2 is loads of fun and so is vcoh. i did not want a graphically upgraded vcoh, i wanted a new game with some fresh air and the same cover/tactics/control is more important than spam/a-moving
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★