Login

russian armor

6 Man Soviet Weapon Crews are Realistic

4 Jun 2013, 15:06 PM
Senior Caster Badge

So there you have it, everyone should stop whining about how it breaks game balance and makes German snipers less useful because it happened in real life so therefore (because everything in CoH 2 is 100% realistic) it should stay in the game.

Also before you say "that squad has seven people" that dude on the far right is obviously part of a conscript squad.
4 Jun 2013, 15:40 PM

A shame everything else isn't :D
4 Jun 2013, 17:28 PM

It's a bit unbalanced though. I throw a bundle grenade into a building with an maxim and only kill 3 guys. Makes it really hard to flank and get an russian mg out of a building.
4 Jun 2013, 18:18 PM

Permanently Banned
Damn, you ewhere super effective at engaging my "historical accuracy vs balance" rage mode!

But you have screenshot, so it is proven. The internet says so. So I must abide.

Ps: Clearly shopped, I can tell, cos Ive seen a few in my time. These are actuallly US shopped into Soviet gear.
Pps: If i was their CO id make them all do 100 pushups for hqving their rifles slung and unready to fire..
Ppps: Those are PPSHs!!
4 Jun 2013, 21:35 PM

Balance > Realism.

6 Man crews are stupidly hard to kill; especially that 6-man mortar.
4 Jun 2013, 21:40 PM
Patrion 14

It's Communism. There is a gunner, loader and aimer. The other three are:

* political officer
* war poet
* unhorsed Cossack, burning with hate and armed with an exotic collection of bladed weapons. He is usually drunk, but makes nice soup.

4 Jun 2013, 21:41 PM
Patrion 14

Also, given how keen Relic are on bridge maps, could it be time for some tunnel maps too. That ATG plugs the gap nicely.
Only Relic postRelic 4 Jun 2013, 22:57 PM
Developer Relic Badge

It's Communism. There is a gunner, loader and aimer. The other three are:

* political officer
* war poet
* unhorsed Cossack, burning with hate and armed with an exotic collection of bladed weapons. He is usually drunk, but makes nice soup.

hahaha.
5 Jun 2013, 00:42 AM
Patrion 14

^ Bdisch!

I'm here all week, Quinn.
5 Jun 2013, 05:09 AM

If realistic is the argument, then germans wouldn't just be 3 men either...besides, you can find a picture of anything...6 man germanz, 3 man soviets, whatever, unit sizes fluctuated with losses, doctrine, and structure changes throughout the war.

5 Jun 2013, 05:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jun 2013, 05:09 AMEsky
If realistic is the argument, then germans wouldn't just be 3 men either...besides, you can find a picture of anything...6 man germanz, 3 man soviets, whatever, unit sizes fluctuated with losses, doctrine, and structure changes throughout the war.

Those are totally not the same MVGame

In the first picture, you have a crew of three, the rest are ostruppen.

In the second picture, you have the fresh mortar crew (helmets), an officer (binoculars), and the remaining combat engineer from the squad that crewed the mortar.

Authenticity stands!
17 Jun 2013, 01:17 AM

we dont want 4 men sovi crews we dont want 5 we dont want 6 we want 3 YES 3 SAME ABOUT THE GODDAMN SNIPERS
17 Jun 2013, 01:34 AM

So there you have it, everyone should stop whining about how it breaks game balance and makes German snipers less useful because it happened in real life so therefore (because everything in CoH 2 is 100% realistic) it should stay in the game.

Also before you say "that squad has seven people" that dude on the far right is obviously part of a conscript squad.

i have invented a strat with soviet crews and spanky my flawless student is going to show you all the gayness of soviet faction with that strat in the tournament since i coudlnt sign up in time and got moved to loser brackets.
relic obviously loves opposing fronts and they are completely remaking it with re-naming the factions. once a CoH expert (classic ones) told me "it's waste of time to post on forums about the spam because 1000 people just come and say something that relic likes and make your posts useless" and i believe he is so damn right
17 Jun 2013, 01:50 AM

six man teams seem a bit excessive in all cases except for the AT gun. Maybe its just me, but I like having an AT gun I can actually keep vet on. AT guns were very useful in coh1 but keeping vet on them was difficult if not impossible(being easy prey for snipers and offmap calls). Some vetted AT guns are pretty nice to have when you don't have ram.(script spam->t2/t4 build). Maybe both factions should have six man AT gun crews.

The rest of the teams could be dropped down to three and the sniper down to one for all I care. :)
17 Jun 2013, 01:56 AM

I think, German crew need more high HP or more high armor. double or more.

but not more number of crew. hm.. it's not german style. haha.

17 Jun 2013, 21:54 PM
Donator 11

Those are totally not the same MVGame

In the first picture, you have a crew of three, the rest are ostruppen.

In the second picture, you have the fresh mortar crew (helmets), an officer (binoculars), and the remaining combat engineer from the squad that crewed the mortar.

Authenticity stands!

Those "binoculars" looks like a delicious bottle of Schnapps, note his expression! Totally not an officer.

Besides that's a squad of pioneers, not a mortar o.0
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS