Login

russian armor

Ostheer, the never ending struggle

PAGES (13)down
10 Apr 2015, 19:58 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2015, 17:54 PMVuther
The real issue is Wehrmacht's teching costs. The call-in builds that are basically the only thing one will ever do on Wehrmacht allow them to deal with the rest of the game fine. The painful teching costs are the real issue with the Wehrmacht's early game...and of course the late-game when you're not using call-ins, but everyone already knew that.

This
10 Apr 2015, 19:59 PM

Permanently Banned
The alternative is to do what sadly, Relic is unlikely to do: bring back the bike (as per vCoH) not the mortar bike (as per COHO)

This
10 Apr 2015, 20:00 PM

Permanently Banned
I thought you said you were leaving for good?

I'm back babe! Aren't you happy to see me :)?

We were such good friends before :D
10 Apr 2015, 20:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2015, 17:47 PMJason
Early game it is pretty tough for Ostheer.

Early... middle and late. From start to finish, desperation does not let up.
10 Apr 2015, 20:07 PM

Early... middle and late. From start to finish, desperation does not let up.

Depends on how the game goes.
10 Apr 2015, 20:09 PM

....by the time you have 2 mgs and 2 grens, they have 4 riflemen squads, they just need to let one squad be pinned, or two, and let the other ones come in from flanks.

Exactly. From the first opening moments of any game SOVIET player essentially has reached critical mass. It doesn't let up.
10 Apr 2015, 20:48 PM

Yes the rifleman blobs with Bars and M1930 cals is very tough to handle. I have found one way to counter them is to get the panzerwerfer and try to blow them to smithereens. Of course I only do this in 3v3 or 4v4s. In a 1v1 this is not viable.
10 Apr 2015, 20:54 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Uhm you understand that by the time you have 2 mgs and 2 grens, they have 4 riflemen squads, they just need to let one squad be pinned, or two, and let the other ones come in from flanks. Your supporting infantry can't be everywhere. I understand you are trying to defend the USF, but such claims are out of order..

I really don't see the problem described there, there's a whole other HMG and Gren that can protect the flanks if one of both of those are occupying two rifles (which they should be able to). So I'll be saying again I find the real problem is teching costs making it very unlikely you'll actually have those four units for their four units at the same time, which is definitely dumb.
10 Apr 2015, 21:12 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Uhm you understand that by the time you have 2 mgs and 2 grens, they have 4 riflemen squads, they just need to let one squad be pinned, or two, and let the other ones come in from flanks. Your supporting infantry can't be everywhere. I understand you are trying to defend the USF, but such claims are out of order..

so you would have extended vision Pios, maybe with flamers,2 MGs, and two grenadiers vs four rifles and maybe an officer with RE. Is that really as impossible as you're making it out to be?

10 Apr 2015, 22:45 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Removed to COH2 Gameplay
10 Apr 2015, 22:56 PM

so you would have extended vision Pios, maybe with flamers,2 MGs, and two grenadiers vs four rifles and maybe an officer with RE. Is that really as impossible as you're making it out to be?

Cookiez, I don't mean to be rude but trying to defend USF early vs Ostheer is ridiculous. Yeah, going two MG's start is high risk high reward but as decent USF player will just come at you from 3-4 directions and flank and force you to retreat. THATS the problem, Ost can not afford to be pushed off the map by USF at all, due to their high teching costs by comparison.

It's easy to say, use and MG, spot for it with Pios, defend it with Grens and you're okay. Yeah, in some situations you can do that, but it's very map dependant and based on luck that your Grens get a few crits on the rifles before they close in and rape your face.

It's too easy for USF to flank from 4 directions and completely push you off, which is good play from the USF, but due to design with Ostheer Tech, they can't come back from that. Also, trying to push out from your base with Ost after being pushed off is nowhere near as easy as it was for Wehrmacht in vCoH, which I think sometimes you are still imagining your'e talking about instead of Ostheer.

BTW, current strength of factions is as follows:

Soviets
USF
OKW
Ostheer

10 Apr 2015, 23:21 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Ok. Not to be rude Green devil,but

Never played vcoh online, and how is OKW in a better spot than Ost right now vs USF when volks are worse than grens and Kubel isn't exactly good against multiple flanking squads either, and sturms have to charge into point blank vs rifles to to do anything?

And regarding comebacks, PREPATCH I watched an Ost jesulin get pinned into his base by an AA Halfttack+rifle swarm, and come back to win the game dominantly without losing a single squad. In case you didn't know OSTHEER DOES scale to the late game,especially now.
Not saying that can happen every game, but don't sit there and act like USF is just this unstoppable menace you cannot comeback from.

I get so sick of reading that Ost is just this helpless pushover vs USF, then I go into games and experience the exact opposite of what I see here, both playing as Ost and playing Against them.

Show me a video from this patch where 2 grenadiers 2 MGs and a pio with flames lose to four rifles and an officer where the ostheer didn't position their shit wrong and I'll delete my account on coh2.org and uninstall coh2 and I'll send you money for dinner.
11 Apr 2015, 00:22 AM
Patrion 28

i don't know how you flank a kubel unless there's a los blocker between your squad and the kubel. it'll still get out in time unless you have an AT nade or the pathing fucks up.
11 Apr 2015, 00:25 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

i don't know how you flank a kubel unless there's a los blocker between your squad and the kubel. it'll still get out in time unless you have an AT nade or the pathing fucks up.

You surround it with three units.

That's about it, my own use tells me Kubel is still a very good unit with care and micro.
11 Apr 2015, 00:56 AM

11 Apr 2015, 01:07 AM

True, Kuble in good hands is a beast. Great LoS so if you only pay attention you can escape most flanks

How the hell do you flank from 4 directions lmao

Another dimension maybe?
11 Apr 2015, 01:13 AM
Patrion 28

close the pocket!
11 Apr 2015, 01:58 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

When your enemy is an idiot.
11 Apr 2015, 02:05 AM

Obviously you don't know your directions very well. LMAO.

North
South
East
West

North West
North East

South West
South East

There's at least 8 directions for you to choose from. If you have 4 rifles a RE and a LT. Use your LT to draw fire. Then flank with 4 rifles from any four of the directions listed above, relevant to where the MG is positioned.
11 Apr 2015, 02:12 AM

Honestly your positioning has to be really really shit for you to be flanked from 4 directions.
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 49
South Africa 1
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %