Login

russian armor

Is the King Tiger still worth 260 fuel?

PAGES (19)down
3 Apr 2015, 17:25 PM

Here's the thing though, if your opponent has enough fuel to call in 2 or 3 is2s once they have 11 cp and you havent punished them for doing infantry only play you kind of deserve to lose. The only fuel purchase I mentioned with the jp4. You don't even need to get it to have good supporting at, and if they're not teching you don't need it at all, you can just rely on shrek raketen and mines. If you get the jp4 though it significantly helps in dealing with enemy armor and stalling the game to get your units more vet and grind it out for the kt.

+1
I play a lot of 3v3 & 4v4 randoms. The most frustrating games are when teammates think that they can spam conscripts until they get IS2's, then get completely wrecked by PIV's, ostwinds, and luchs. The IS2 hits the field about the time that they're getting base-pinned.
3 Apr 2015, 17:37 PM

Well, he talked about how much do u need to spend resources to get IS-2 and Tiger II on field. This is kinda unfair change IMO, Soviets can deal with KT, USF cant. So they just created a new problem to solve one. reverse KT to old state, buff USF AT and buff zooks(!) and give them a jumbo. Obers: leave them like this but make 380 mp, and if they nerfed mg 34 they should nerf m1919 but just for rifles, they should leave m1919 for paras as is.
Buff pzgrens for ostheer, so they can take a hit and teching should be little cheaper with buffing panzerwerfer, and bum. U got alot better balance situation. Still IMO

I've got an old replay of a vet 5 KT. It took something like 10 tanks to kill it, and we still lost more than they did.

http://www.coh2.org/replay/32121/tab-vs-grossdeutschland

You do have a point about how balancing is done. It would simpler and probably better to buff the counters to a unit than to do both a buff/nerf. Then the problem would get done to simpler questions like what will counter a JagdTiger?

All in all, this seems like a good patch.
3 Apr 2015, 18:00 PM

Permanently Banned

Showing you obvious easy to look up numbers =/= theory crafting.

The same way a sniper does "80 Damage"? :snfPeter:
3 Apr 2015, 18:06 PM

Permanently Banned

The thing is the Soviet player will most of the time build others stuff like Tier building and T34/su85 etc...

To get the KT, you just need to build all the Tier which you definitively need to do your game.

Thats not really what people do. The meta is build like t2 or t1 and wait is2s and t34/85s. You're hurting yourself by teching to t3/t4 if ur just going to use call ins. So you float a lot of fuel easy by the 11 cp mark. Only thing you have to do is save manpower. Fuel isn't an issue because you don't have to tech up.
3 Apr 2015, 18:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2015, 17:37 PMGrumpy

I've got an old replay of a vet 5 KT. It took something like 10 tanks to kill it, and we still lost more than they did.

http://www.coh2.org/replay/32121/tab-vs-grossdeutschland

You do have a point about how balancing is done. It would simpler and probably better to buff the counters to a unit than to do both a buff/nerf. Then the problem would get done to simpler questions like what will counter a JagdTiger?

I think that JT is in good place now. But i thing that IS-2 is a potential problem, not sure yet. They should tweak a Tiger, maybe up the armor little bit, if the jackson and IS stay like they are. Or add a commander that relies on pure AT for ostheer that contains passive APCR, also a Hetzer and later a jagdpanther :D

I can dream...
3 Apr 2015, 18:10 PM

The same way a sniper does "80 Damage"? :snfPeter:

Feel free to look up the penetration numbers I posted, they aren't wrong.

3 Apr 2015, 18:30 PM

You look at situation when you rely only on T2. I never do that. 120 for T3 and T70 or and T34 is very important.

I just compared the fuel you both get, by the time (quickest) an OKW player can get KT, the Soviet player can get a couple of IS2s lol, and if he gets other armor befor KT as he needs, he will get KT later accordingly (similar to Soviet player wanting to get T3)
3 Apr 2015, 18:35 PM

The thing is the Soviet player will most of the time build others stuff like Tier building and T34/su85 etc...

To get the KT, you just need to build all the Tier which you definitively need to do your game.

Refer to my previous comment above
3 Apr 2015, 18:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2015, 17:37 PMGrumpy

Then the problem would get done to simpler questions like what will counter a JagdTiger?

lol
3 Apr 2015, 18:38 PM

Thats not really what people do. The meta is build like t2 or t1 and wait is2s and t34/85s. You're hurting yourself by teching to t3/t4 if ur just going to use call ins. So you float a lot of fuel easy by the 11 cp mark. Only thing you have to do is save manpower. Fuel isn't an issue because you don't have to tech up.

T1 or T2 is always a way but not necessary. Sometiems, after wave of cons it's better to get T70 or/and T34 to put a huge pressue. Relying on T2 means you will act defensively and your enemy has a chance to regroups and retake points. 8min T70 followed by 14min T34 and provide really amazing power. Then you call IS2 just to finish job, not to make it.
3 Apr 2015, 18:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2015, 17:02 PMGrumpy

So 720/260 is almost twice as much as 640/230? If you want to throw in BS like adding up the truck costs, then you should also add in what the soviet player would have to buy to get the same utility (field hospital upgrade, roughly 2 CE's to repair as fast as a truck, at least two AA halftracks to simulate the Panzer Schwerer), and every allied player should be able to make a FHQ that is both repairable and stronger than any ambient building.

The OKW gets those abilities without losing popcap, while the Soviet gets only the healing without losing popcap and the USF doesn't even get that.

The KT does have 50% more damage (240vs160), 25% more health (1280vs1040), and two additional levels of veterancy for ~10% more cost, plus it is non-doctrinal.

For your first question refer to my previous comments,
the rest, nonsense
3 Apr 2015, 18:47 PM

T1 or T2 is always a way but not necessary. Sometiems, after wave of cons it's better to get T70 or/and T34 to put a huge pressue. Relying on T2 means you will act defensively and your enemy has a chance to regroups and retake points. 8min T70 followed by 14min T34 and provide really amazing power. Then you call IS2 just to finish job, not to make it.

That being said, and possibly followed by KV8, the OKW player must get armor (panther) as well. Still my point is valid, consider the fuel calculations I mentioned and yet you will get more than 2 IS2s by the time he gets a KT (and still that KT has the same armor of one of those IS2s)
3 Apr 2015, 18:50 PM

Permanently Banned

Its a good strat, but its a gamble. If your opponent is banking on t2 then tigers. Going t34 after t70 might put you behind in fuel for getting an is2 to get out when he gets tiger. But you're gonna have a lot of pressure. So if you get both fuel points then it should work. Allies have a much easier time fielding armor early and applying pressure.

Banking on dual is2s is still best strat. Because you can field 2 is2s quicker than he can 2 tigers. In 2v2s I've seen players both go dual is2s and it gets really hard to deal with, If I having so much fun abusing tank hunter tactics this would be my next go to strat. Creates sort of like an armored wall effect. But unlike say king tigers, is2s have an easier time escaping.
3 Apr 2015, 19:36 PM
Donator 11

KT should get a fuel cost increase. Its the best all around tank in the game.
3 Apr 2015, 19:39 PM

Permanently Banned
KT should get a fuel cost increase. Its the best all around tank in the game.

Yeah being the most expensive heavy tank in the game that requires all teching to be purchased so you can't call in like is2s or tigers, doesnt matter if its non doc because being a call in heavy tank is an advantage. All with newly nerfed frontal armor and buffed jacksosn on a faction with a fuel income penalty. Still OP hurr. Can't frontally engage with a t34 and a zis and win OP.
3 Apr 2015, 19:41 PM

I've used it a bit and KT seems to be in a good spot now. The armor and blitz nerf tamed it well enough and both Allied factions can fight it on fair terms after the Jackson buff.
3 Apr 2015, 19:50 PM

All of those things except the Panther have less of a chance to penetrate the KT than the Jackson does, and the Panther doesn't do 200 damage or has 240 damage HVAP shells.

The biggest advantage Axis has in AT is the super heavy TD's like the Jadgtiger and Elefant, as well as the Pak43 (which seriously isn't an issue for allied players with the large amount of indirect they can field against it, the premier IS2 doctrine has flame barrages).

This isn't hard at all with the IS2 doctrine, you get Shock Troops from it as well as the KV-8. The T34 is basically only good for facing down enemy infantry, not really much point when you get get a KV-8 as a call in.

T1 + T2 into IS2's is fairly standard since you get every tool you need, it basically is just a mirror of the Ostheer T1 + T2 into Tigers.

The Jackson is the pinnacle of USF AT, why shouldn't it be better at penetration that those other units listed?

My
3 Apr 2015, 20:00 PM

Permanently Banned

The Jackson is the pinnacle of USF AT, why shouldn't it be better at penetration that those other units listed?

My

That really has nothing to do anything with balance but ok. If king tigers were only 150 fuel and did 320 damage, but was the only tank okw could field would it make balanced?
3 Apr 2015, 20:05 PM

My

Because it means USF needs more and better AT, it's boring when a faction has literally one viable AT option and nothing else. They could have taken the Jackson down to 160 and buffed the AT gun and zooks, which would be much more interesting than making the Jackson the best non-super heavy TD.
3 Apr 2015, 22:34 PM

I'm a pretty big allied fanboy, and even I don't like the KT armor nerf. The KT is supposed to be intimidating, now I can just face it frontally with a couple Jacksons using AP rounds and barely have to worry about it. If you ask me, it should be the heaviest armored vehicle in the game alongside the Jagdtiger. Both it and IS-2 armor suck, but IS-2 can get away with it because it's way faster and doesn't rely on teching costs.

Relic needed to give allies a viable way to fight it, and they did by giving the Jackson a much-needed penetration buff. They didn't need to do that and nerf the King Tiger's armor in the same patch.
PAGES (19)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS