Login

russian armor

PTRS now OP?

PAGES (37)down
3 Apr 2015, 16:25 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Frontal blob assault on HMG should never be able to succeed, period.

Then Maxims are going to need pretty major buffs.
3 Apr 2015, 16:33 PM

FFS, stop using this 960MP and 200MU bullshit theory at COH, it can be applied in other RTS but not COH.
You use 4000 MP of Ober cannot kill a single T70.

800mp 120 ammo worth of obers can kill one maxim.
3 Apr 2015, 16:34 PM

FFS, stop using this 960MP and 200MU bullshit theory at COH, it can be applied in other RTS but not COH.

so one 240 MP SUPPORT WEAPON should be able to single handily and completely lock down a portion of the map unless dislodge with a tank or Artillery? Yeah know if someone charges a HMG frontally with 4 squads and yo still believe that should be to fend them by ITSELF your dead wrong sure it will work if its being screened and support by your but alone no way!

Also you understand this would practically break USF vs OST and OBK vs USSR who dont have have acess to mortars early and are entirely reliant on their infantry(minus the uberwagon) for the initial stages of the match?

edit: T70 is tank and therefore immune to small arms, and it also cost fuel so irrelevant comparison.
Also the only problem with killing HMGs frontally is Grenadier Rifle Grenades at Vet 2 and LMG infantry sniping HMG crews at max range. Both of which are not problems with HMGs but rather a particular grenade and LMGs currently being too good ATM.
3 Apr 2015, 17:03 PM

Then enjoy your delusion that will literally never ever yeild any sort of meaningful result.

Some people seem to think putting a HMG down on a choke lane means they get to just kick back and enjoy watching all ze dirty pigdogs get mown down by ze glorius fazherland. Never gonna happen. They're potent support units, not one man rambo armies.

One HMG is a 240mp 0fuel unit. T70's have vehicle armour. Can you spot the difference yet? I sure can. I don't hold out hope for you, though.

4 lmg grens won't also destroy any team weapon, yet the ptrs does? It's a dedicated anti tank weapon. With this patch the purpose completely changed.

No. Instead, they'll decrew it in seconds, with or without rifle nades, and it'll be ripe for stealing or OKW scavenging.

Both kill it, just in different ways.

And AT rifles are not dedicated anti tank anyway. Anti materiel rifles are a common thing in many armies of the world, and they are rarely, if ever, used to kill tanks. They blow up lightly armoured targets with relatively good accuracy, and to harass actual heavy tanks by messing up vulnerable things like optics and tracks.

You know what's lightly armoured? Armoured cars, cars, terrain based cover such as walls, and infantry. The PTRS may be described as an anti-tank weapon but it is orders of magnitude more capable of directly hitting infantry than a 'zook or 'shreck.

Not that the latter were useless against infantry, but in terms of game mechanics it just stands to reason. Shreck is heavy AT, poor AI. Zook is kind of mediocre at everything (frankly, needs a bit of a light buff), PTRS is terrible AT but reasonable AI.
3 Apr 2015, 17:19 PM
Honorary Member Badge

So, pre-patch:

Guards are worthless outside sniper builds and people are happy when they drop PTRS

Tank Hunter is a gimmick commander that no one takes seriously, and everyone complains that Commanders without Call-In tanks are worthless

Post-Patch:

People are actually happy to use Guards again, they aren't a 4 man squad when fighting infantry any more

Tank Hunters is actually useful for once (despite the fact that it doesn't have a heavy call in tank - hey! I guess call in meta got addressed!)

Sorry, a unit that was extinct before now gets used.

And it is in a niche (long range SOV infantry) - that didn't really exist before

As such it is way too early to make any judgement if it is OP or not because people have no experience of how to deal with it.
3 Apr 2015, 17:42 PM

So, pre-patch:

Guards are worthless outside sniper builds and people are happy when they drop PTRS

Tank Hunter is a gimmick commander that no one takes seriously, and everyone complains that Commanders without Call-In tanks are worthless

Post-Patch:

People are actually happy to use Guards again, they aren't a 4 man squad when fighting infantry any more

Tank Hunters is actually useful for once (despite the fact that it doesn't have a heavy call in tank - hey! I guess call in meta got addressed!)

Sorry, a unit that was extinct before now gets used.

And it is in a niche (long range SOV infantry) - that didn't really exist before

As such it is way too early to make any judgement if it is OP or not because people have no experience of how to deal with it.

+1

Also, this new commander gives us a bit more diversity for Soviets as well. I am tired of seeing Shocks into IS2s every game now. People wanted diversity and now they have it.
3 Apr 2015, 18:01 PM

A few teamgame and 1v1 experience of this Cons blob of doomed, these are my feeling.

They wtfpwn everyone walking with legs, even Obers, IRSTG or LMG34, doesn't matter.

They can frontally assault MG42, and even destroy the gun.
Pak? Rakenten? Just die.
Luch? lol
Medium tank like P4? Ohwaa, AT nade, and MOAR AT nade, and bambambam PTRS, bye P4.
Any OKW truck? Call bombing run, and 3 secs of shot bring it down.

Anyone said it is not OP are ignorant, or trolling, or stupid, or both.
3 Apr 2015, 18:18 PM

A few teamgame and 1v1 experience of this Cons blob of doomed, these are my feeling.

They wtfpwn everyone walking with legs, even Obers, IRSTG or LMG34, doesn't matter.

They can frontally assault MG42, and even destroy the gun.
Pak? Rakenten? Just die.
Luch? lol
Medium tank like P4? Ohwaa, AT nade, and MOAR AT nade, and bambambam PTRS, bye P4.
Any OKW truck? Call bombing run, and 3 secs of shot bring it down.

Anyone said it is not OP are ignorant, or trolling, or stupid, or both.

This.

The only reasonable response to a giant mass of infantry of any kind are machine guns. Thats what they are for, were designed for, and changed the face of warfighting.

I played one guy using this tactic 3x i a row. The first caught me off guard but subsequent matches, i tried various things as OKW and really theres nothing that can counter it.

I tried building 4+ Machine guns, didnt matter - only served a temporary slowdown. Anyone with a functioning brain can draw fire and flank, you cant be everywhere at once.

Even if you manage to inflict some losses its no use - conscripts cost nothing to replace while losing a mg is lost forever.

Theres nothing in the OKW aresenal that can counter this. Someone mentioned spamming fusiliers and holding on for KT which is hilarious but not plausible. (Im talking 1v1 btw). Maybe in a 2v2 match with bigger maps this could be done, but needing a KT to counter a horde of infantry is just dumb.

MGs are underpowered in this game on both sides imo. They should be higher pop cap, more expensive and much more hazardous to infantry than simply being a nuisance obstacle that blocks an area.

The vast majority of casualties in infantry combat are from machine guns and indirect fire.
3 Apr 2015, 18:25 PM

ptrs are fine as is but a price increase might be needed. I say 60 should be a fair price
3 Apr 2015, 18:32 PM

by increasing the cost to say 60, you still have squads that are just as capable but now you will find less munitions for your PTAB runs, light AT mines, salvage kits and grenade volleys. In other words the core of the doctrine will be negatively effected without solving the issue.

Instead like others have suggested, I propose that the conscripts' At rifles should prioritise the crew members as apposed to the weapon and have a reduction in close/mid accuracy to say 0.5, 0.3 ?
3 Apr 2015, 18:32 PM
Donator 33

+1

Also, this new commander gives us a bit more diversity for Soviets as well. I am tired of seeing Shocks into IS2s every game now. People wanted diversity and now they have it.

Yeah, Conscript blobs are really a nice addition to the gameplay <444>_<444>

3 Cons with PTRS are enough to make every support weapon retreat after the first volley. One more volley and its gone.

PTRS shouldn't have been buffed in terms of AI but AT. Their performance vs tanks is the same like always. SHIET. A bit more penetration/damage would have been much better than this ridiculous accuracy buff.
3 Apr 2015, 18:34 PM

I don't think I can deal with 6 more months of this.

To everyone who laughed at Alex when he suggested that buffing PTRS guards would mean they'd just roam around a map rofl buttoning everything-- oh the unforeseen horror.
3 Apr 2015, 18:54 PM

To everyone who laughed at Alex when he suggested that buffing PTRS guards would mean they'd just roam around a map rofl buttoning everything-- oh the unforeseen horror.

I was actually talking about how it used to be when button was a lot better, but yeah if button was like how it was pre-nerf Guards would be bar none the best infantry unit in the game.

It's not really any secret Iv always thought the PTRS should be useful against infantry (for instance being able to pierce cover like they were actually used), but obviously with Cons there is a bit of an issue due to the shear numbers you can get them in.
3 Apr 2015, 18:59 PM

This patch :facepalm:

Last year, PioCraft: Heart of der Reich
This year, ConCraft: Legacy of the PTRS
3 Apr 2015, 19:04 PM
Donator 11

LOL, I proved it myself.

4 PTRS cons blob head on into MG42, they are suppressed of course, but MG42 destroyed in 5 seconds.

Trolololol Lelic

Replay?
3 Apr 2015, 19:08 PM

Replay?

PTRS = 40 damage
MG42 health = 350.0
4 PTRS cons = 8 PTRS
8 PTRS = 320 damage
3 Apr 2015, 19:14 PM
Donator 11

Nice volk shrek blob
3 Apr 2015, 19:16 PM

Replay?

And it is GREEN cover vs a A move blob without cover :thumbsup:, such "Working as intended™"
3 Apr 2015, 19:16 PM

an hour long if you're interested.

2 KT's
nuked.
Raketens
super nuked
the luchs was probably my favourite.
nuked to hell.

I think I just snapped. I really don't want to play anymore.
PAGES (37)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS