Login

russian armor

LOL at XBOX ONE..... RANT...

23 May 2013, 06:35 AM

Looks like Microsoft wants us to pay for everything now....

Seems that you can not even pass games from a friend to another unless you pay a *fee*.... so WHAT is the use then to have a console?

I have been away from console gaming a long time but still have a PS3 for some random fun games on FIFA with friends and SSF4 - but for Microsoft now with their new console some one cant borrow a game from their friend..... ROFL

XBOX ONE F UCK UP...
23 May 2013, 07:01 AM
Honorary Member Badge

ps4 basically doing the same thing except they are just baring it all together using 1 cd per console. cd keys for your console everyone...
23 May 2013, 08:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 May 2013, 07:01 AMWiFiDi
ps4 basically doing the same thing except they are just baring it all together using 1 cd per console. cd keys for your console everyone...

I can't quite remember if I've read that or not. Do you have a source?

Either way, not being able to borrow games to or from friends is a retarded idea.
23 May 2013, 13:17 PM

I would be pissed if I was still 13 years old. Fact is, its the 20+ that do all the buying. Easy access to game demos and now with all games having profile stats and online identities, it in round-a-bout way makes sense.

Not saying I agree with it. I had hoped coh2 would have allowed smurf accounts.
23 May 2013, 18:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 May 2013, 13:17 PMamonsot
I would be pissed if I was still 13 years old. Fact is, its the 20+ that do all the buying. Easy access to game demos and now with all games having profile stats and online identities, it in round-a-bout way makes sense.

You never borrow games games from friends? ô.o
23 May 2013, 23:03 PM

X1 always online and still using the subscription-based xbox live is such a fail. More powerful ps3 with tons more exclusives seals the deal for the third generation in a row!

Winner: Dark Souls
23 May 2013, 23:31 PM

I found this...

24 May 2013, 00:08 AM

I love that gif.
ntd
24 May 2013, 01:32 AM
Admin Black Badge

lol @ gif...I think the xbox one is going to have some broad appeal, particularly in the US with all the cool tv features.
24 May 2013, 07:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 May 2013, 01:32 AMntd
lol @ gif...I think the xbox one is going to have some broad appeal, particularly in the US with all the cool tv features.

I don't really think so. If I was interested in all the features, I could get them through other, better and cheaper devices. Having additional features is only a plus if they're not redundant already, otherwise it's only going to push the price upwards.

I really think MS is shooting themselves in the foot here.
24 May 2013, 09:36 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post23 May 2013, 08:43 AMNaeras

I can't quite remember if I've read that or not. Do you have a source?

Either way, not being able to borrow games to or from friends is a retarded idea.

when i heard it was them saying that was there ultimate goal but it may not pan out. both sides really just want to cut gamestop out of the equation in the process shafting there customers. ;( either way no ps3 backwards compatiblity have to rebuy all our games because there tards.
24 May 2013, 14:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 May 2013, 09:36 AMWiFiDi

when i heard it was them saying that was there ultimate goal but it may not pan out. both sides really just want to cut gamestop out of the equation in the process shafting there customers. ;( either way no ps3 backwards compatiblity have to rebuy all our games because there tards.

I remember something like that being said, too, but I don't think anything's confirmed for ps4 yet on the matter. No backwards compatibility for either console does suck.

X1 just focused too much on the 'fluff' and forgot to focus on the real reason people should buy an xbox: the games. And no, showing off a halo/gears trailer at E3 won't cut it.
24 May 2013, 14:43 PM

The backwards compatability-thing was Sony abandoning the multi-core processor of PS3 because they realized it was a bad idea(supposedly it's horrible to code for it), which makes PS3 emulation on a PS4 really, really hard unless you design your hardware around it. It really sucks, but at the very least Sony realized they made a mistake with the PS3.

Xbone not having backwards compatability was because Microsoft decided to not learn from Sonys mistakes and make the Xbone a multi-core processor, so that it couldn't emulate anything from a 360!
..and then they decided to dedicate 3/8 of the 1GHz processor cores towards OS and other dumb stuff, because only nerds are interested in playing video games on a video game console.
..and then they supposedly went all "but hey you can get computing power from the Cloud! Stop whining, nerds!". I don't have a realible source on that*, but if that's true, games could use the Cloud to fill in the power that the console lacks. Those games suddenly require a constant internet connection after all because the console won't be powerful enough to run them without it.

Ugh.

In other news, Wii-U sales apparently skyrocketed in the wake of the Xbone-announcement.
gg wp

edit: *now I have a reliable source, and this makes the system unfathomably stupid
24 May 2013, 16:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 May 2013, 14:43 PMNaeras

Xbone not having backwards compatability was because Microsoft decided to not learn from Sonys mistakes and make the Xbone a multi-core processor, so that it couldn't emulate anything from a 360!

Well the ps3 can play any ps2 game, so I'm not really sure how that works. Not playing older gen games isn't really a huge deal, but can still be annoying down the road.

It really all comes down to games for me, and Sony just has so many people making great exclusives for them it's hard for xbox to compete even with an equally great console. The fact that they screwed the pooch with subscriptions and online requirements just makes the decision really obvious.
24 May 2013, 17:04 PM

Wasn't that just the earlier PS3 models that were capable of doing that? According to wikipedia, only certain models were backwards compatible.

Anyways, each one of the processor cores in the PS3 were more powerful than a single PS2, which made emulation easier. This isn't the case with the Xbone compared to the 360, where you'd need to use multiple cores to emulate, and making that work properly is supposedly a massive pain.

Either way, I'm now certain I won't be buying an Xbox One. I personally kind of despise the PlayStation-controller(THE LEFT THUMBSTICK IS IN THE WRONG PLACE GSHKNFGANFKJG), and I'm really not sure about how interesting the Wii U is gonna be, but if I'm going to get a console for the next generation, it'll be one of those two.

(Also, here's a little article on the PS4 and backwards compatability, if you're interested.)
24 May 2013, 17:30 PM

Thumbstick is fine on both, it's the black/white buttons on xbox controllers I can't stand. :S So annoying to reach for!
25 May 2013, 09:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 May 2013, 07:01 AMWiFiDi

Actually, No.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-21-sony-tells-eurogamer-playstation-4-will-not-block-used-games

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/21/sony-ps4-can-play-used-games/
25 May 2013, 09:50 AM

well I have a PS3 that can play ALL ps games, from PS1 - 3
and that is really nice.

What is terrible is that if this is true then u cant borrow games - who gives a shit about on line accounts etc? If I just want to borrow a game from a friend that has spent 60 euros on a game then I should not PAY EXTRA to play it as well. BULLSHIT.
26 May 2013, 00:39 AM

well I have a PS3 that can play ALL ps games, from PS1 - 3
and that is really nice.

How did you do that? The original model could emulate PS2 games first with a hardware based emulator (it had the PS2 chipset built in), then with a software based emulator because it brought the price down. (but its performance is shit - I know because I have one of these models)
And then even the software based emulator was binned in a further attempt to reduce price, so there was no backwards compatability at all until the slim model which could only play PS1 games.
26 May 2013, 03:35 AM

Not sure what you're talking about man, I also have one of the early PS3 models and it plays all my ps2 games to this day!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight