Login

russian armor

Artillery Officer

9 Mar 2015, 19:59 PM

The arty officer with wehr commander that has pak43 and leFH arty: is the range of the mortar units that he has an ability for to coordinate barrage with extended? How far? If not then that's a seriously massively useless ability to have to run a guy up close and risk his life to bombard a target that the mortars could have shot at anyways. Big deal to order each on of them if you really need all units to bombard a single target.
9 Mar 2015, 20:03 PM

IIRC he doubles the range of every artillery piece
9 Mar 2015, 20:06 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

The arty officer with wehr commander that has pak43 and leFH arty: is the range of the mortar units that he has an ability for to coordinate barrage with extended? How far? If not then that's a seriously massively useless ability to have to run a guy up close and risk his life to bombard a target that the mortars could have shot at anyways. Big deal to order each on of them if you really need all units to bombard a single target.

I think its extends the range,dont know the exact stats.

I tend to use to use the officer alot and I think the only time to use this abilty is when your Howtizers/werfer(if u can afford it lel good luck buying a werfer and howtizer and not being pushed to ur base) are on cooldown and you want it to shoot again immediately. thats its only real use.

I love the other two abilities though.
9 Mar 2015, 20:17 PM

I think its extends the range,dont know the exact stats.

I tend to use to use the officer alot and I think the only time to use this abilty is when your Howtizers/werfer(if u can afford it lel good luck buying a werfer and howtizer and not being pushed to ur base) are on cooldown and you want it to shoot again immediately. thats its only real use.

I love the other two abilities though.

You can shoot during cooldown with his ability at double range? That's awesome. Yes I used it yesterday in a 4v4 game where I basically was building defences all game to hold the line and teammates attacked. Works only then I guess.
9 Mar 2015, 20:19 PM

There is a bulletin were he increases the range of every mortar he's close to by 8 percent.

It stacks :megusta:
9 Mar 2015, 20:51 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

You can shoot during cooldown with his ability at double range? That's awesome. Yes I used it yesterday in a 4v4 game where I basically was building defences all game to hold the line and teammates attacked. Works only then I guess.

Yeah I loved it when i figured that out. But its so hard to make it work when you dont have enough manpower for the artillery in the first place,and it costs 100(?) muni.
9 Mar 2015, 21:05 PM
Honorary Member Badge

The only thing better than firing 3 Panzerwerfers at something is doing exactly the same thing 2 seconds later because you don't care about cool-down...
9 Mar 2015, 22:44 PM

In theory the abilities of this officer should be amazing but in practice nobody is building multiple LeFH's and Panzerwerfers. Cool idea...bad in practice.
9 Mar 2015, 23:00 PM
Donator 33

Doubles the range of all artillery units so a howitzer with 255 range can bombard from 510 range to your selected area when you use the coordinated barrage, and mortars with 80 range will have 160 range and so on
9 Mar 2015, 23:06 PM

Does this fellow give the range bonus to your allies? That would be rather significant with a walking stuka.
9 Mar 2015, 23:09 PM

Nope, it's just a range bonus when coordinating a barrage between your artillery pieces. The Stuka isn't a traditional Artillery piece with scatter either.

The only passive range bonus it gives with out coordinated barrage is from the 8 percent better artillery range bulletins
9 Mar 2015, 23:10 PM
Patrion 14

Does this fellow give the range bonus to your allies? That would be rather significant with a walking stuka.

He doesn't passively increase range (except with a bulletin). Only YOUR artillery will be affected, and only when he uses his concentrated barrage. So unfortunately, no, it would only work with a captured Stuka assuming no bugs.
9 Mar 2015, 23:22 PM

He doesn't passively increase range (except with a bulletin). Only YOUR artillery will be affected, and only when he uses his concentrated barrage. So unfortunately, no, it would only work with a captured Stuka assuming no bugs.

It only works with artillery pieces that use normal barrage mechanics, Iv captured a stuka before my OKW partner got abandoned and it didn't work.
9 Mar 2015, 23:23 PM
Patrion 14

It only works with artillery pieces that use normal barrage mechanics, Iv captured a stuka before my OKW partner got abandoned and it didn't work.

Maybe if the stuka is vet 4 with incendiary? :}

Someone should test it.
9 Mar 2015, 23:27 PM

Maybe if the stuka is vet 4 with incendiary? :}

Someone should test it.

IIRC I believe it actually works with the Sturmtiger.
9 Mar 2015, 23:54 PM

My dreams of Super Stuka will go unfulfilled, does sound like a fun unit to play around with though.
10 Mar 2015, 00:14 AM
Patrion 14

Now we just need a wehr player to get 5 decrewed Sturmtigers and create the Sturmtiger saturation victory strike on an enemy position.
10 Mar 2015, 09:11 AM
Patrion 27

I played a game where I forced Artiller Field-Officery the other day with Joint Ops the other day and got over 50 kills on the Panzerwherfer (which has to be the worst arty unit in the game) and used his focus fire ability constantly next to my mg42 and mortar. I didn't notice any real difference in their performance.

The Officer costs too much to reinforce for what he adds to your army IMO.

Fun fact: His ability also makes vehicles reload faster and have more accuracy so he is fun to play with the Stug if you are just goofin'.
10 Mar 2015, 13:22 PM

The Officer costs too much to reinforce for what he adds to your army IMO.

Also,I noticed that, if it's not a bug, by just losing one member of the officer squad it makes it unable to execute any abilities. Abilities come back when the squad is full strenght. That's a really weird feature.
10 Mar 2015, 16:07 PM

Also,I noticed that, if it's not a bug, by just losing one member of the officer squad it makes it unable to execute any abilities. Abilities come back when the squad is full strenght. That's a really weird feature.

You lose the abilities if the officer is killed, which is working as intended.

I agree that for cost this unit is not effective. Also he does not really work like an officer, just an upgradeable gren squad.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★