Login

russian armor

Without a good balance, you will still play COH 2?

1 Mar 2015, 14:24 PM

Yes, because im a fan of this rts since coh1. I like to play 3v3 and 4v4 and with the actual balance issue i play 2 o 3 games and then comp stomp cuz i get bored getting pwned at the end of the game by blobs and kt. I always have hope that this game will reach some balance.
1 Mar 2015, 14:33 PM

I will continue playing as its coh and i find it somehow playable right now.

They cant mess the game up even more right :foreveralone:
1 Mar 2015, 14:37 PM

Let's hope so... However, we expect some improvements.
1 Mar 2015, 15:16 PM

At this point even a flavor of the month (year?) change would be good. I can live with OP Panzergrenadiers and Raketenwerfer. :megusta:

There is a new balance designer so we will see.

1 Mar 2015, 15:33 PM

I think its pretty balanced at the moment, so its hard to tell if I would play the game if it was unbalanced, probably not.

1 Mar 2015, 15:40 PM
Patrion 14

I've been playing some 2 v 2 as allies which confirms my suspicion that OKW is E-Z mode. Blobs. Blobs. Blobs. Blobs with shreks and Obers and 'nades.

Then the KT and game over.

OKW is killing this game for me, to be honest.
1 Mar 2015, 15:43 PM

I've been playing some 2 v 2 as allies which confirms my suspicion that OKW is E-Z mode. Blobs. Blobs. Blobs. Blobs with shreks and Obers and 'nades.

Not only OKW ! BLOBS are a huge problem at this moment.
1 Mar 2015, 15:44 PM

I think its pretty balanced at the moment, so its hard to tell if I would play the game if it was unbalanced, probably not.

You think the game is balanced? Are you serious?
1 Mar 2015, 15:45 PM
Patrion 14

^ True dat, as Americans you don't really get much choice either.

But the OKW blob is so versatile and tough, it really is win in fifteen minutes or.... LOSE
1 Mar 2015, 15:53 PM

^ True dat, as Americans you don't really get much choice either.

But the OKW blob is so versatile and tough, it really is win in fifteen minutes or.... LOSE

Yes, even the BAR blob is very powerful.
1 Mar 2015, 15:53 PM

You think the game is balanced? Are you serious?

I only play 1v1 and 2v2. I can imagine the game being horrible in 3v3 and 4v4.
1 Mar 2015, 15:58 PM
Patrion 14

Ah, there's the thing, Unshaven...

It *feels* worse in 2 v 2. In bigger games there are variables...

1. Noob teams - you get lots of Axis noobs looking for EZ mode. They don't leverage faction advantage

2. Synergies - support synergies are more powerful in big games, the most obvious being the Ostheer logistics biyatch role, or Sov arty dude

3. Uneven balance of skill - poorer players can be carried by better ones, no hiding place though in 1 v 1 and 2 v 2

4. Maps. The maps in bigger games change the dynamic - you spend half the battle getting back into it.

---

However, where you get a fairer match-up, yes balance can deteriorate into the heavy tank-fest. Lots of people love the heavy tank-fest, but until the American armour problem is solved (not necessarily by a heavy, but by tweaking Jacksons so they are more survivable) then the game remains hilariously dominated by OKW.
1 Mar 2015, 16:01 PM

You didn't had the blob problem on Semosiky 2v2 ?
1 Mar 2015, 16:02 PM

Ostheer is a logistics biyatch not because it is ineffective on its own, but because OKW is too effective with it. What needs to happen is 0 cache income for OKW, reduced income from Luftwaffe Supply, and then a nice buff to the salvage mechanic so OKW can live off it especially if it kills something big like IS-2.
1 Mar 2015, 16:06 PM

Ah, there's the thing, Unshaven...

It *feels* worse in 2 v 2. In bigger games there are variables...

1. Noob teams - you get lots of Axis noobs looking for EZ mode. They don't leverage faction advantage

2. Synergies - support synergies are more powerful in big games, the most obvious being the Ostheer logistics biyatch role, or Sov arty dude

3. Uneven balance of skill - poorer players can be carried by better ones, no hiding place though in 1 v 1 and 2 v 2

4. Maps. The maps in bigger games change the dynamic - you spend half the battle getting back into it.

---

However, where you get a fairer match-up, yes balance can deteriorate into the heavy tank-fest. Lots of people love the heavy tank-fest, but until the American armour problem is solved (not necessarily by a heavy, but by tweaking Jacksons so they are more survivable) then the game remains hilariously dominated by OKW.

Yes, you're right. But even allies can blob tanks. I played some games with OKW (3v3, 4v4). If i didn't had the Pak 43 i didn't manage to stand a chance in front of Jackson, IS-2, Wolverine, Easy 8 blob.
1 Mar 2015, 16:34 PM
Patrion 14

Haven't played for a month now. Not because of the balance, but about the blobbing in every game I played. As soon as this changes I'll play again.

I still enjoy watching streams :)
1 Mar 2015, 19:13 PM

Haven't played for a month now. Not because of the balance, but about the blobbing in every game I played. As soon as this changes I'll play again.

I still enjoy watching streams :)

Yep, blobbing is a BIG problem now !!!
1 Mar 2015, 19:41 PM

OKW is a game killer, indeed. It needs nerfs, especially Obers, Volks veterancy. Also, the retarded T3 Flak Gun needs a big toning down.
1 Mar 2015, 19:50 PM

The game is balanced now

But hypothetically, yes I would continue to play if the game was not well balanced

1 Mar 2015, 19:50 PM

I just wanted to say that people answering this question are likely to be playing it or have played it recently. Obviously the multitudes who have 'given up' or 'hoping' for Relic to fix their game have most likely already left the community. Just in explanation as to the lack of 'No' votes.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★