Login

russian armor

Favorite/Most memorable CoH Track

22 Feb 2015, 18:24 PM

Like many good games CoH has always been presented with nothing less than an excellent soundtrack. After hundreds of hours over the course of almost 10 years...some tracks are bound to stay with you as you reminisce the battlefields of Duclair, Semois and even Kholodny Ferma...So post your favorite track of CoH1/2 and your favorite parts specifically.

For me personally...

CoH1, especially 1:01 onwards:

It plays when you are a Brit player in combat...sure the Brits were annoying to play against but let's face it, they were epic at times to play with their lines of defense and their heavy support Arty. This track kind of captures that epic defensive struggle.

CoH2, especially 2:30 onwards:

Probably the most overplayed track of CoH2 but it doesn't matter...it's THAT good! Even when you're playing as Axis the Soviet Orchestral somehow inspires you to keep pushing...very courageous, very epic, it kind of makes even losing an engagement still somehow immersive.

22 Feb 2015, 18:52 PM

Permanently Banned
The music for the British faction in CoH1 still gives me shivers when I hear it. An amazing set of orchestral pieces that fits the mood of the game incredibly well. The way they start very calmly and slowly climb into a symphonic hurricane as the battle progresses... gives me such fond memories of when I first picked up the CoH series. It makes me look forward to playing the CoH1 WW1 mod with my friend occasionally, just for the music.

I can't find an OST or any official recording of this music however which annoys me. If anyone knows where I can find a complete collection of the music used for the Opposing Fronts armies, please let me know. The only OST I can find is for the original CoH1 music.

I also enjoyed the music for the Panzer Elite, however I felt it was a little too sombre and perhaps out of place. Still, both the PE music and the British music were better than the original CoH1 music scores.
22 Feb 2015, 19:15 PM
Admin Red  Badge

CoH1:

CoH2, from 2:00 to 2:35 especially:

22 Feb 2015, 20:17 PM

Yay!

I personally can't find anything redeeming about the CoH2 ost. Completely unmemorable and uninspiring for me. I like cheesy overtones too much I guess.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS