Login

russian armor

Animator goes missing whenever I edit an entity

6 Feb 2015, 02:24 AM

So I play around with tanks' armour values, everything was okay until today when I opened Attribute Editor and log window opened with following errors:
Code
File reference "animator" in file (c:\users\xxx\documents\firstmod\mod\instances\ebps\races\german\vehicles\panzer_iv_sdkfz_161\panzer_iv_commander_sdkfz_161_mp.xml) references a file that doesn't exist (art\armies\german\vehicles\panzer_iv\panzer_iv.abp; art\armies\german\vehicles\panzer_iv\panzer_iv.rgo; art\armies\german\vehicles\panzer_iv\panzer_iv.rgm).
File reference "animator" in file (c:\users\xxx\documents\firstmod\mod\instances\ebps\races\german\vehicles\panzer_iv_sdkfz_161\panzer_iv_sdkfz_161_mp.xml) references a file that doesn't exist (art\armies\german\vehicles\panzer_iv\panzer_iv.abp; art\armies\german\vehicles\panzer_iv\panzer_iv.rgo; art\armies\german\vehicles\panzer_iv\panzer_iv.rgm).

I ignored it at first, but now in game Panzer IV's model is missing and I see only a blue box in it's place.
I thought that maybe I really messed something up and deleted the Panzer IV's edited files. I clone these files again, changed ONLY armour values but the errors are still up. What's going on?

edit: I deleted the files and it's still present
http://i.imgur.com/MyU1xvR.jpg
this is how it looks
6 Feb 2015, 11:07 AM

I get the same message when I open a mod that I haven't changed since the update. I only get one instance of the error, presumably because my mod only cloned the P4 "stubby", and no other variants.

Playing without a mod I get the correct P4.

With my mod (which I rebuilt after the update, but without changing) I get a placeholder oopsbox for the P4 "stubby". I get a tank for the P4, but it appears to be the West variant, since it gets a West skin.

Haven't tried the command tank.

In the attribute editor, the animator name for the clones is the same as the vanilla animator name.

People on steam are reporting additional problems, such as no sandbags rendered for hull down.

6 Feb 2015, 18:12 PM

Mod tools files have not been updated yet, they're still stuck in the last patch.

The patch removed the old animation files for Ostheer, all variants of the PIV (PIV command tank, PIV, PIV F1 from singleplayer) have been moved over to the OKW model:

entity_blueprint_ext:
animator: armies\west_german\vehicles\panzer_iv_sdkfz_ausf_i\panzer_iv_sdkfz_ausf_i
7 Feb 2015, 10:57 AM

Okay so I got around it and just changed the model to OKW one, but how about "stubby" PzIV Commander? Is there a model for it?
7 Feb 2015, 11:05 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

the stubby most likely uses the same model but has the stubby barrel as animation state. That's how it worked with the old p4 at least
7 Feb 2015, 12:02 PM

Okay so I got around it and just changed the model to OKW one, but how about "stubby" PzIV Commander? Is there a model for it?

It is applied exactly the same as before, with the state machine changes that you can find in the ebps file for the PIV commander under action_apply. Several of them are applied to the commander, but the particular one for the stubby cannon will be the one with vehicle_variant state being set to F1 (F2 is long gun and default value).
7 Feb 2015, 12:22 PM

Yes, replacing the animator (or the whole blueprint) with the one for the West IVj fixed my East IVf1 and IVg/h/whatever. Haven't tried the command tank. (FWIW, the animator for the IVj is named "i".)

Also, my mod lets the West faction build them, and when I do they come in with West skins rather than naked. For my money, making this change for all the German vehicles would be a plus.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★