Login

russian armor

tips and tricks to ensure AT rifle grenades will fire?

29 Jan 2015, 23:24 PM

this is probably one of my biggest peeves with USF, you shoot a rifle grenade, its in range so it turns the icon yellow like its going to be shot-- and nothing

same thing happens with the engine shot on the stuart (not as often but it happens).

does anyone have any tips on making sure your units dont get caught in a do-nothing limbo when youre trying to disable a tank?
30 Jan 2015, 04:42 AM

this is probably one of my biggest peeves with USF, you shoot a rifle grenade, its in range so it turns the icon yellow like its going to be shot-- and nothing

same thing happens with the engine shot on the stuart (not as often but it happens).

does anyone have any tips on making sure your units dont get caught in a do-nothing limbo when youre trying to disable a tank?

My only assumption, based on the circumstances you described, is you are too far away when issuing these commands. For rifle grenades, you want to be closer than max range (you will get a feel for distance but I think it's the length of a med tank). This way if the enemy tries to get away your units don't get stuck in a kiting animation. Infantry can't catch up to most light/med vehicles save for sprinting. Even then the animation has to finish for the game to calculate the attack. This is why you can cancel grenades at the very last second of an animation to trick a player into moving of retreating.

As for the Stuart, you basically need to be kissing the tank to get that to work. It's really only viable if you have no other infantry covering the tank and you catch it with the cannon facing away from the Stuart. Otherwise, based on the broken reversal speeds of all axis tanks, you'll take too much of a beating and lose your stuart trying to get that attack in. Try smoking with inf/shermans and driving behind the smoke to get the shot in, then move your AT in to finish the job.
30 Jan 2015, 05:01 AM

What about medium range? :D it also bugs at medium range as well.
30 Jan 2015, 16:29 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Pray to RNG GODS.

only thing you can do I've found is issue the order assuming it won't work, cancel it by moving or something, then issuing it again. All in the span of about 1-2 seconds.

Also make sure said vehicle isn't too close or it won't go off. If you get the ability off on time the grenade will track it's target contrary to popular belief.

I've had at rifle Nades glide halfway across Semoiskiy to hit and kill a kubel, even though the ability seemed as if it would never go off .(Kub Was reversing up that big long road)l
31 Jan 2015, 12:15 PM

What cookie said. Whatch for the animation. If it doesnt start instant, move order again. And just believe, its not that bad, since maybe you were not in range to begin with.

WhysoSerious i cant recall it happening when in midrange, i'll have an eye on it. You got a replay with it happening in midrange?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★