Login

russian armor

Truesight

12 May 2013, 15:24 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Oh yeah, copying Men of War would actually be idea. The Hold/Return/Open Fire toggle is a great system.
12 May 2013, 16:03 PM

Adding Hold Fire to all units would be a usefull addition.

Also tanks shooting at your units out of your line of sight shouldnt be revealed when they fire at you, something like Combat Muffin suggested would be much better.

I'm generally disappointed with true sight when it comes to armored vechicles I was hoping that their sight will be more limited, something similar how it was in Men of war, (no 360-degree vision) it would force players to use tanks in combination with their infantry.
12 May 2013, 21:43 PM

Oh yeah, copying Men of War would actually be idea. The Hold/Return/Open Fire toggle is a great system.

is the sarcasm? its better than not having it right?
12 May 2013, 22:52 PM
Senior Caster Badge

No, this is one of the few times I wasn't being sarcastic. Copying the fence jumping stuff from Men of War was pretty cool and this is another thing to steal. In a lot of ways I think CoH 2 has fucked itself up because it has taken a few things from MoW but it hasn't gone far enough. True sight is a great thing in Men of War because you can hide in bushes, because vehicles have specific sight ranges dictated by their vision blocks, because you can set units to hold fire, because the maps are larger and the pace of the game is shorter, and because the simulation is far more realistic: nobody can shoot through something that they can't see through.

CoH 2 doesn't have most of that and as a result it's just weird. True sight just ends up being a way to get closer to people without being seen or to break LOS easier in order to avoid getting shot. I'm not saying it's awful but from my limited experience in the beta I'm not sure it makes the game better. In MoW you are always moving the camera around and it's fairly intuitive which units can see which other units. In CoH 2 you don't want to be spinning the camera all the time and it can be hard to figure out what you can and can't see. Hills are very confusing for example.
13 May 2013, 05:38 AM

The idea is nice, but I think the whole "return fire" mechanic from MoW has the ultra micromanage atmosphere all over it. Its something that I don't think CoH would benefit from (CoH is pretty straightforward in design, MoW is intricate and complex in that sense).

There's a lot of things that MoW has that CoH could benefit from, or at least could be inspired by: Things like very limited range sights for vehicles would be a good thing, shot blocking as well (so that units can only open fire on units they have range and sight to).

There's other stuff, that simply doesn't belong in CoH, imho: towing AT guns, cooking grenades, storming buildings (unless it cost munitions :p), high MG lethality, etc.

Both games are very different: one is an arcade game(CoH), flavored by WW2, the other is a light wargame (MoW), at company level tactics.

13 May 2013, 07:00 AM
Senior Caster Badge

I fully agree, and in fact I think ideally CoH 2 would take a page from CoH 1's book and go back to how that game was: no true sight, manpower income and pop cap tied to how many points you owned, more of a focus on cutoffs, vehicles that come later in the game unless you rush to them, more health for tanks/less damage from AT guns so that vehicle fights are more drawn out, less of a chance for stuff like mortars/grenades to gib lots of people in a squad with a lucky hit, etc. All of that stuff is what sets CoH apart from MoW and I feel like CoH 2 is closing the gap, but that gap was really good because it made CoH a very different game which was fun in its own way.

I guess I just think that Relic seems to have added stuff like true sight and blizzards to make the game more "real," but Men of War does "real" much better and CoH was never fun because it was "real."
13 May 2013, 14:50 PM

I would like to see CoH take some more MoW features. MoW is so ridiculously convoluted that I cant enjoy the features anyway and they could fit in the more slimmed and stylish CoH with a bit of tweaking.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★