Login

russian armor

Transparency effect when selecting units

29 Apr 2013, 15:19 PM

IDK if anyone else noticed this but it was almost the first thing I noticed when I got into my first game. When you hover your cursor over a squad, their models go into what looks like the cloaked state. They become sort of transparent. I guess it's to help people select the right squad but I hope we have the option to turn it off. It confuses me more than anything, especially for snipers because I'm not sure when they are cloaked or not (if someone can explain this that'd be good). Like can snipers move a bit when cloaked if they are moving in cover the whole time ?
29 Apr 2013, 15:21 PM
Senior Caster Badge

They actually get highlighted white I think. It looks like transparency because of the snow. I think it would be better if they flashed black or whatever. This would contrast with the snow and since it wouldn't look like cloak at all it would never confuse anyone. And yes, snipers can move around cloaked in cover (it's easier for the German sniper).
29 Apr 2013, 15:28 PM

Ok thanks it was confusing with the new mechanics. Meh I don't see why there should be an effect on the model at all, you could just highlight their squad icon or put a contour line on them.
29 Apr 2013, 15:32 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Yes well adding visually complicated things that make the game difficult to parse is what Relic's graphics team has spent most of its time doing.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 33
South Africa 4
Germany 481

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak