Login

russian armor

Censoring/banning on Relic stream

Were Relic in the wrong for censoring and banning people on the stream?
Option Distribution Votes
78%
23%
Total votes: 80
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
17 Jan 2015, 15:27 PM

I heard it was an utter disaster, but what really concerned me was this:
http://i.imgur.com/zuEmqc5.jpg
Relic, you don't treat a customer like that, its just bad business and childish

EDIT: Watched the Stream and will say what I heard was complete trash, Relic may have been a little draconian but no where near as bad as I heard. so guys can we please stop hating on Relic and balance when we aren't professionals and instead theorize new and inventive play styles for the factions!
17 Jan 2015, 15:30 PM

Not gonna vote just yet because I want people to be aware Relic wasn't the only one doing the muting/chat banning in there. Poll is missing two options.
17 Jan 2015, 15:37 PM
Patrion 14

Well it may look like Relic is the evil guy here but there are two things you may want to think about: Who banned him and what for?

I heard there are mod in this stream who aren't Relic employees. So maybe the evil guy was in fact a community member and not someone from Relic.

Plus getting banned for such a statement seems inappropriate but what if there is a bigger story behind this? This picture is clearly edited so we don't know the whole story.
17 Jan 2015, 15:51 PM

Well that screenshot is not very useful as a proof because it doesn't show if there might be other messages from that person that lead to the ban. Under the assumption that there were only those messages that lead to the ban and it was not an accident (when chat is going fast it is very easy to accidentally ban the wrong person on Twitch) this is obviously pretty bad and I doubt anyone serious is going to argue against that.

edit: Also the mentioned possibility that a community moderator was responsible, of course. I don't know if you can even check on Twitch who did this.
17 Jan 2015, 16:20 PM
Honorary Member Badge

so little context, much to broad question.
17 Jan 2015, 16:24 PM

Relic don't ban for anything, if relic ban for the question in me opinion was a bad choice, but I suppose that relic have the reason
17 Jan 2015, 16:50 PM
Patrion 14

To be honest, we need to see the content of that deleted message. There were a lot of people that spammed that question and no one got banned for doing so since that's a very legit and politely put question. I find it very strange that any mod in that stream (the only mods besides Relic were Renner and myself by that time) would ban anyone for that so my guess is that the deleted message had some other content.

If that is not the case, then it's really weird and could've been a misclick.
If not, yeah, then it's very very disrespectful.
17 Jan 2015, 17:10 PM

I'm not a relic fan, but I don't thinkthey banned him for that.
Will be another question probably ;)
17 Jan 2015, 18:06 PM

Permanently Banned
to be fair. that guy spammed the same question like 40 times
17 Jan 2015, 18:18 PM

I remember seeing Luvnest post the exact same question at some point.
I dont know what happened, but my guess is someone just kept spamming the same question.
Just a guess though
17 Jan 2015, 18:32 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Quote a single statement with no context

Get a bunch of idiots riled up for no reason

It's like watching Fox News
17 Jan 2015, 19:37 PM

I don't get the hate towards me i say i heard, that means im going by what i heard not seen
17 Jan 2015, 19:38 PM

A lot more than 1 person got banned btw.
17 Jan 2015, 20:21 PM
Donator 22

A lot more than 1 person got banned btw.

and a lot of people where disrespectful, twitch emotes Spammer, insult relic and quote statements again and again.
17 Jan 2015, 22:49 PM
Patrion 28

there are multiple issues here.

one would be what he (and others) were banned for.

another would be that they are responsible for their moderators, whether or not they're part of relic (and if they're not that's another issue).
18 Jan 2015, 08:23 AM

It's not about OOOOOHHHHHHH POOR COMMUNITY and EVIL RELIC, it's about some bad apples in the community (Am I using it right?) and some harsh reactions from the relic. Moderation is one of the basic needs of the internet because of trolls, we all know that. But I think that was a bit too much.

It might be unrelated but we live in a world which people can do or say in the name of freedom of speech. Why can't we- A small gaming community- ask legit questions about a game we care about?
18 Jan 2015, 09:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jan 2015, 08:23 AMRMMLz
It's not about OOOOOHHHHHHH POOR COMMUNITY and EVIL RELIC, it's about some bad apples in the community (Am I using it right?) and some harsh reactions from the relic. Moderation is one of the basic needs of the internet because of trolls, we all know that. But I think that was a bit too much.

It might be unrelated but we live in a world which people can do or say in the name of freedom of speech. Why can't we- A small gaming community- ask legit questions about a game we care about?

Yup, bad apples was perfectly used there.
18 Jan 2015, 11:55 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Topic title updated to differentiate it from the various other threads running about Relic's stream.
18 Jan 2015, 12:06 PM

Topic title updated to differentiate it from the various other threads running about Relic's stream.

Thank you! When I made this thread I only read the beginnings of the BIG thread on this, now I realize their completely wrong so I think this will make it more appropriate. Also you you unlock my other thread and rename it to something along the lines of injust community hate to Relic.
18 Jan 2015, 12:16 PM

I asked couple of different questions in the chat each one got passed over, instead of constantly repeating myself and getting aggravated I simply got over it, moved on to ask a different one.

As of yet no one can explain to me why I got chat banned after my last question which was, and I quote, "How do you guys PERSONALLY feel about currently considered 'useless commanders'? Any one care to take a stab at it? I'd still like to know why I got chat banned for asking that.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★