Login

russian armor

Censoring/banning on Relic stream

18 Jan 2015, 13:21 PM

Censorship is the practice of officially examining books, movies, etc., and suppressing unacceptable parts (Oxford Dictionaries)

Censorship is not banning someone who asks the same question over and over again, even after being told it cant/wont be answered.

Censorship is not banning someone who is rude and therefore violates rules of a certain stream/chat.

Censorship is not banning someone who is spamming the chat with capslock.

19 Jan 2015, 00:49 AM

Censorship is the practice of officially examining books, movies, etc., and suppressing unacceptable parts (Oxford Dictionaries)

Censorship is not banning someone who asks the same question over and over again, even after being told it cant/wont be answered.

Censorship is not banning someone who is rude and therefore violates rules of a certain stream/chat.

Censorship is not banning someone who is spamming the chat with capslock.

there's something called free speech, and anyone who hinders it is techically censoring
19 Jan 2015, 02:09 AM

there's something called free speech, and anyone who hinders it is techically censoring

youre very right about that.

but:

asking the same question until youre told it wont/cant be answered and getting banned for continuing to repeat it, despite of being told not to, isnt being censored. its dealing with spam

same applies for rudness/caps abuse. you can ask nicely and according to the rules of the stream and i doubt youd get banned, unless of course you spam the same question over and over again. i was told that was what happened a couple of times

on the other hand i could be totally wrong and relic might well be as "draconian" as some people want us to believe
well, were fucked then, arent we?
19 Jan 2015, 07:28 AM
Honorary Member Badge

19 Jan 2015, 07:38 AM

wow fuckin edgiest thing i've read all day

thanks for giving me fuckin papercuts dude

i need to go to the bathroom cabinent and get some bandaids now, man
19 Jan 2015, 07:55 AM
Honorary Member Badge

wow fuckin edgiest thing i've read all day

thanks for giving me fuckin papercuts dude

i need to go to the bathroom cabinent and get some bandaids now, man

You may want some ointment for your sick burn
19 Jan 2015, 08:01 AM

You may want some ointment for your sick burn

dammit Voort! I had the link copied and everything! Just took me a while to find it on XKCD.

But seriously, yes, only the government can suppress your free speech/ do some kind of censorship. If you behave like an asshole while at my home, and I tell you to shut up or gtfo, that isn't censorship.
19 Jan 2015, 08:03 AM

ya'll post your sensationalist reduntant stickfigure cartoons for edgy people, i'm going to shitpost elsewhere
19 Jan 2015, 08:12 AM

It's amazing how many people think that 'free speech' means they can say whatever they want and wherever they want...
19 Jan 2015, 09:12 AM

Well put (in cartoon form) Van Voort. A lot of people have a weird conception of what free speech means.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★